Wizard skill build for PvE/going high wiz

Discuss about Magicians and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Wizard skill build for PvE/going high wiz

Postby CasualEvil » 2020-07-23 21:07 (Thursday)

Hi,

I currently have a jlvl 50 mage that I want to build into a wizard with the intention of going rebirth into high wizard, and am looking for a skill build, so something made for leveling.

Now, I'm not sure what a build that would allow me to do both party (I heard bio 3 is popular, does that work as wizard?) as well as solo leveling looks like.

So far, I have fire bolt 10 and fire wall 10 (with fire ball 5 and sight 1 as requirements), and the other 24 skill points unspent. I have heard that safety wall is generally more useful than fire wall, although fire wall can be pretty useful for (especially solo I think) leveling too. As I already skilled fire wall, I plan to fix this when I rebirth, so I will take SW instead of FW then.

Thus, I'm looking for a wizard skill build with fire wall that I can level solo as well as in parties.

Questions that I have:
  • Does it make sense to invest wizard skill points to get SW (level 7?) in addition to FW anyways? If so, where I would save points, e.g., leaving out LoV or MS maybe?
  • Is MS or LoV more useful? I used to farm fur seals with vFWs and LoV many years ago, so my tendency would go to LoV, but I never used MS.
  • Does it make sense to get both?
  • How required is ice wall?
  • How useful is water ball?
  • As I think the skills depend a lot on where I want to level, any suggestions for that? So far I was thinking of bio 3 parties, stings, fur seals, maybe anubis, but honestly I don't really have an overview of the possibilities (I've seen the wiki page on wizard leveling, but it's a bit high-level for me).

I currently have this build (idea1) http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill6/wiz.html?10rKGKqAdodqabcKHxgK with SG, MS and LoV, but without ice wall and safety wall. Alternatively, this build (idea 2) http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill6/wiz.html?10rKGKqAdodqabzxaXbx skips MS and instead goes for ice wall 7 and water ball 5.

All tips appreciated, thanks! :)
CasualEvil
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Return to Geffen Magician Guild