I wan't to tell you a story about...

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

I wan't to tell you a story about...

Postby Styx » 2020-05-23 21:50 (Saturday)

I have 3 people working at my business they all get payed equal. However one works single and the other two other work together. I decided to give the 2 working together a bonus. Now the single working one starts to argue with me I gave him a penalty because he earns less then the other two. Well I am the boss and I decide, take or leave it. What I never will do is try to shot this single working person his mouth about getting a penalty, because he is right from his point of view but he still gets paid for all he would get original. Actually I don't care if he sees a difference, I am the boss and I can make this decision. The question is do I want him to be a liar to himself and force him to declare him to be loyal to me that a bonus to someone else can never be a penalty to him, or do I want a freedom that people can speak out in freedom without any penalty for this opinion? I don't have or had contacts with any other player or ever did have any conversation with anyone ever about this subject. Never, ever cheat making a second master account. Your challenge is despite all these favors, or not favors to enjoy the gameplay. It's just a game that is al it ever will be. Then I never can be liar to myself to agree that a bonus can't be seen as a penalty for someone else. It's just a point of view that can difference and you have to respect. I can accept those differences. I wonder if someone else can? I will battle for this freedom at highest authority's I can reach. You can take freedom away, if you take the will also, this light will not shine anymore either.
Styx
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Re: I wan't to tell you a story about...

Postby Don Bolo » 2020-05-23 23:33 (Saturday)

I agree with your general sentiment but I feel there is a flaw in this analogy. Wage is somewhat abstract, by this I mean that the work of Mr Smith might be worth more or less depending on who he works for, and everyone understands and agrees its "fair". Now something like a good is more concrete on the pricing, where for example a given Knife is worth 10 dollars. This same Knife happens to be on sale for a week where you can take 2 for 15 Dollars, but a single Knife is still 10 dollars. Would this be considered a "penalty" on the people buying just one Knife? Definitely not.

Penalty by concept implies an imposition. The game system rewards you whats fair, if Raydric gives 10,000 exp, it will always award that exp, taking into account amount of party members and taps the monster had of course. Thats fair, thats the "price" on Raydric, and it never changes, you don't get less exp for not been French, or get more exp for knowing a GM irl. Now theres a "sale" or bonus on the exp dictaminated by the GMs for this server only. Have an all-unique Master Accounts party and you can get a better "price" or better exp.

If I do any given job, and get paid X for doing Y, and Mr Johnson gets paid X + 10 for doing the exact same Y, it feels unfair as long as only he has access to that +10, or everyone else has access to that +10 except me. On the exp bonus, EVERYONE has access, everyone. No matter your nationality, donation contribution to the server, clean in-game jai record, etc. You are only asked to "Buy 2 Knifes", to not use 2 Master Accounts on the same map.
Don Bolo
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby HolyBabe » 2020-05-24 07:06 (Sunday)

i implement in this story, the Boss is promoting Teamwork with a Bonus. (and there are quite some positive reasons to do that for a Team/Company/job environment)

so i guess its up to the 3rd person, to search for a 4th person joining him, so they both also get a Bonus from their "Boss" :D
if he doesnt want that, then its his decision to work for the normal payout.

For real, in my company there are also serval Bonuses programms for special behavior (like working in a very economic way, saving workings mats, having special good improovement ideas, very various stuff that can improove the workflow/environment you can get a small bonus payout)
and ppls who dont like to contribute to that stuff (with participating in those Bonus programms) get their normal payouts.
No right to complain. They can join those Bonus programms any time. And its totally okay if they dont want to.
[ ] NoSecksNoDevotioN 99/70 Paladin

Image PoorAndCute GuildMaster
HolyBabe
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Mathy » 2020-05-25 12:33 (Monday)

ok styx
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Return to General Chat