Mac OS Mavericks Unable to Patch

Post here to ask for technical support with your game client, patcher, kRO/Sakray Setup
Forum rules
****** !!! A T T E N T I O N !!! ******

Before opening a new support request or replying to an existing one, please make sure you read the General Troubleshooting Instructions.
Only if the instructions described there don't resolve - or don't apply to - your issue, please open a new thread, stating what you did so far.

Any requests that clearly don't follow these instructions may be ignored, locked, or deleted.

****** !!! A T T E N T I O N !!! ******

Mac OS Mavericks Unable to Patch

Postby Amovalde » 2020-05-23 16:06 (Saturday)

Hi all, I'm an old player from iRO Chaos (~2003 -2007), and thought to revisit the game. My wife and I are both running Macs. I'm on Mojave and successfully installed with the utility, patched and am ready to play. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble setting her machine up (She's on Mavericks). We've gone through all of the suggested fixes from the pinned tech support thread (redownloading the game files, client, running terminal commands, etc), but just can't get her machine to patch. Her game files and launcher are also in the correct place in Applications.

I can confirm the runtime file is the culprit, since the OriginsRO icon is missing from the lego piece icon. See attached screenshots.

Below are the diagnostic info:

Code: Select all
Checking for /tmp/Wineskin...
    found:
drwxrwxrwx  6 nessamaylila  wheel  204 May 23 08:40 /tmp/Wineskin
total 24
lrwxrwxrwx  1 nessamaylila  wheel  88 May 23 08:40 bin -> /Applications/OriginsroApp/OriginsroRuntime.bundle/OriginsRO.app/Contents/Frameworks/bin
lrwxrwxrwx  1 nessamaylila  wheel  88 May 23 08:40 lib -> /Applications/OriginsroApp/OriginsroRuntime.bundle/OriginsRO.app/Contents/Frameworks/bin
lrwxrwxrwx  1 nessamaylila  wheel  88 May 23 08:40 share -> /Applications/OriginsroApp/OriginsroRuntime.bundle/OriginsRO.app/Contents/Frameworks/bin
Checking for temporary WS files...
ls: /tmp/xWSx*: No such file or directory
Testing connectivity to the OriginsRO server...
   (this may take a while)
Connection to game.originsro.org port 80 [tcp/http] succeeded!
Connection to game.originsro.org port 443 [tcp/https] succeeded!
Connection to game.originsro.org port 6120 [tcp/*] succeeded!
Connection to game.originsro.org port 6121 [tcp/*] succeeded!
Connection to game.originsro.org port 6122 [tcp/bex-webadmin] succeeded!
Connection to apac.originsro.org port 6120 [tcp/*] succeeded!
Connection to apac.originsro.org port 6121 [tcp/*] succeeded!
Connection to apac.originsro.org port 6122 [tcp/bex-webadmin] succeeded!
Connection to patch.originsro.org port 80 [tcp/http] succeeded!
Connection to patch.originsro.org port 443 [tcp/https] succeeded!
Connection to login.originsro.org port 80 [tcp/http] succeeded!
Connection to login.originsro.org port 443 [tcp/https] succeeded!

Code: Select all
OriginsRO Patch Version Checker Log
Log v.4.2.0
2020-05-23 3:49:36pm
02:2f:00:84:64:00:fa:67:ad:9f:ad:c3:01:b0:3f:a6:26:1f:4a:79:85:6c:24:c1:dc:7a

================================================================
kRO:
data.grf presence: Yes
kRagnarokPatcher.exe presence: Yes
Last patched: 0::3059 (0x00000bf3 / 0x17)
Patch date: N/A
OriginsRO:
OrigRO/main.orp presence: Yes
OriginsroPatcher.exe presence: Yes
Last patched: 0::169 (0x000000a9 / 0x17)
Patch date: N/A

System Info: Macintosh / OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Game Directory: /Applications/OriginsroApp/OriginsRO
Launcher Directory: /Applications/OriginsroApp/OriginsroLauncher.app/Contents/MacOS

Any help would be appreciated, if additional info needed, let me know! Thanks in advance, we're really looking forward to rediscovering RO!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 9.01.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 9.00.57 AM.png
Amovalde
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Mac OS Mavericks Unable to Patch

Postby Haru » 2020-05-23 20:59 (Saturday)

Hello! Mac OS Mavericks is a bit old, and we can't recommend to use it anymore, but for the time being we still have a version of the launcher that runs on it and is able to connect to the server. Please download the launcher from the following link, extract it and replace it in the OriginsroApp folder:

https://patch.originsro.org/dmgs/Origin ... -macos.zip

We don't currently have a Mavericks Mac to test it on, but it was originally tested on that version. The only drawback is that it'll show a message on every startup, recommending to upgrade to a more recent version of macOS (but once you dismiss it, it'll still let you connect)
Haru
Admin
Admin
Stapo
Stapo

GitLab User ID: @MishimaHaruna
Discord Username: @Haru#1055
IRC nickname: Haru

Postby Amovalde » 2020-05-23 21:18 (Saturday)

Hi! Thanks for providing this older launcher! I went to try updating the OriginsRO client (Patch button on lower right, see screenshot) but the launcher closed immediately. I suspect its Mavericks just not being very agreeable. Do you have any other suggestions? I know that I can upgrade her machine to El Capitan or Mojave, but that's a nuclear option that she'd like to avoid.

On the other hand, we also have a newer machine thats unfortunately on Catalina (/shy).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 2.16.38 PM.jpg
Amovalde
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Haru » 2020-05-24 08:00 (Sunday)

It looks like the OriginsroRuntime bundle you have in the folder is damaged, can you try deleting it and running the launcher again? It should ask to download/update it the next time you launch it
Haru
Admin
Admin
Stapo
Stapo

GitLab User ID: @MishimaHaruna
Discord Username: @Haru#1055
IRC nickname: Haru

Postby Amovalde » 2020-05-24 15:22 (Sunday)

I tried deleting the runtime bundle and reopening the launcher, but the runtime never repaired itself. We tried the terminal commands mentioned in the sticky as well.

On a lark, I copied over the runtime bundle from my Mojave machine to her Mavericks machine, and was able to patch and launch the game... A little unorthodox, but I think we may be good to go now and will attempt playing together later today. If we see any weirdness, we'll consider updating the machine to El Capitan and starting all over.

Thank you so much for your help! Really glad to see one of my favorite games from another life still thriving and playable on Mac! Any word on getting this working on Catalina?
Amovalde
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Return to Technical Support