Gamepad mode

Post here to ask for technical support with your game client, patcher, kRO/Sakray Setup
Forum rules
****** !!! A T T E N T I O N !!! ******

Before opening a new support request or replying to an existing one, please make sure you read the General Troubleshooting Instructions.
Only if the instructions described there don't resolve - or don't apply to - your issue, please open a new thread, stating what you did so far.

Any requests that clearly don't follow these instructions may be ignored, locked, or deleted.

****** !!! A T T E N T I O N !!! ******

Gamepad mode

Postby Faneyer » 2020-05-21 23:58 (Thursday)

Hi guys, recently i have a injury to my arm and i wanna play RO with gamepad. I try with Xpadder but RO doesn't recognize the actions that i send. How can i play Origins ro with gamepad?
Faneyer
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Gamepad mode

Postby Mathy » 2020-05-22 11:35 (Friday)

Not really technical support, since there's nothing we can do from our side, but you should look for tools that let you map gamepad buttons to keyboard keys, and you should probably ask other players for that.

I don't recommend substituting the mouse for a gamepad; the way I did it when I wanted to use a gamepad was to have my left hand on the gamepad, using it to cast skills, and my right hand on the mouse.

Just make sure the mappings are 1:1, that is, there is no automation of input, or that may fall under macro usage, which would get you banned.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Return to Technical Support