Hi a question as a new player

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Hi a question as a new player

Postby zherot » 2020-03-23 18:29 (Monday)

Hi I would like to start playing old classic RO again on this server but this time with my GF so she can experience the TRUE RO experience, is there any problem if we play together using the same IP or something?, because we are on the same house etc. And when creating an account I had a warning about only being able to create only one master account or something like that.
zherot
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Hi a question as a new player

Postby Zabuza » 2020-03-24 05:47 (Tuesday)

I am also new to this server,master account is the account that controls all game accounts so for example If your master account name is
X and you create 3 different gaming accounts like A B C . You can in your X master account create characters and same goes for your A B C gaming accounts so you can open 4 different windows of the game so you can have the toons in the ABC accounts follow you.

Example: master account X -> char created name John
Gaming accounts:
    A - > char named Rita
    B ->char named Mike
    C-> char named Smith

You enter game with John and you can open 3 more different game instances so you can put Rita ,Mike,Smith follow john and in a party to share exp etc... BUT!!! do create all your gaming accounts under one master account

Check wiki https://wiki.originsro.org/wiki/Guide:Start_playing

Also i think a GM can answer that better than me i hoped i helped you! 8-)
Zabuza
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby -8EightyFour4- » 2020-03-24 07:58 (Tuesday)

Zabuza wrote:You can in your X master account create characters and same goes for your A B C gaming accounts

That is not entirely correct.
You can not create characters in the Master Account itself. You need to make a Gaming Account first, that is where character creation begins.
In your example, only accounts A, B and C will have characters.
-8EightyFour4-
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby GM Ischia » 2020-03-24 11:31 (Tuesday)

Hey zherot!

You can play together with a room-mate/partner in the same house just fine, as long as these people really exist (some people like to pretend theres multiple people playing).

Each "Human" needs to have their own master account, you cannot share the master account login details with another person (this would be against ToS).
If you want to let your girlfriend play one of your characters, you will need to use our guest access system (https://wiki.originsro.org/wiki/Guest_Accounts)

If you want to play WoE together you will have to open a whitelist request ticket here: https://gitlab.com/originsro/originsro-support/-/issues
[GM] Ischia
GM Ischia
Game Master
Game Master
Marin
Marin

Return to General Chat