CREATIVE CONTEST - Star Gladiator x Soul Linker

A place to check out previous and upcoming events

Re: CREATIVE CONTEST - Star Gladiator x Soul Linker

Postby Liviana » 2020-01-24 18:29 (Friday)

Withdrawl
Last edited by Liviana on 2020-01-31 22:37 (Friday), edited 3 times in total.
Liviana
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Fragcat » 2020-01-27 13:51 (Monday)

Name: Shirohana
Category: Art -( Craft?!)
Do you give permission for OriginsRO to feature your artwork...
In loading screens? Y
On the website/wiki? Y

Alright here goes! I tried to challenge myself by working in a new style - Stylizing 3D to 2D/anime look! Not familiar at all with this style so I spent days learning new stuff, but I'm happy with the results.

Final works!! <-- Real entries I guess

Videoreel:
https://vimeo.com/387437577
Loading screen poster!
Spoiler: show

WORKFLOW:
Creating the 3D model

Colorblocking/ Setting up shaders and composition nodes

First good render result :
Last edited by Fragcat on 2020-01-30 11:18 (Thursday), edited 3 times in total.
Fragcat
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby kidokido » 2020-01-29 02:42 (Wednesday)

Name: Kido
Category: Art
In loading screens? Y
On the website/wiki? Y

https://i.imgur.com/byWhm7W.jpg
kidokido
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Sonschi » 2020-02-05 00:38 (Wednesday)

Name: Sonschi
In loading screens? Yes
On the website/wiki? Yes

https://imgur.com/gQnrygt
Sonschi
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Fragcat » 2020-02-08 23:00 (Saturday)

Name: Shirohana
Category: Writing
In loading screens? Y
On the website/wiki? Y

Divine Providence, a mysterious encounter

Expedition Log - Day 0 - Shiroi Hanabi

Today marked my 326th day in official servitude of Odin at the church of Prontera. It was a bright summer day, the warm rays of sunlight scattering through the stained glass of the church. As I was diligently going about my daily routine, I caught a glimpse of a large burly man entering through the front arches of the main hall of the church from the corner of my eyes. He was equipped in a full set of heavy plate armor, polished so thoroughly that light was reflecting off of it. A large glimmering jewel was embedded into the center of his breastplate, further decorated by the engraving of a holy cross. Immediately Identifying this man as a crusader of the Church, I soon returned to focus on my work and dove back into the little side chapel to finish up.

Fifteen minutes later, I relaxed my sore muscles and slowly stretched my back before stowing away the mop and bucket. With a sense of satisfaction I trailed back out into the main hall, only to find a large gathering of important officials of the church surrounding the crusader. He seemed to be holding a parchment in his hand, and was vehemently exclaiming his stance to the large crowd that had gathered around him. The shrill old voice of one of the high priests stood out amongst the symphony of complaints as it echoed through the main hall “ Has that old fart lost his mind completely!?”, the content of her words seemingly very unbecoming of one of the most senior members of the church. The crusader, on the other hand, kept a stern expression throughout the entirety of his speech. As I inched closer to get a grasp of the situation, a fellow priest nudged me gently whilst wearing an anxious expression. He muttered to me in a displeased voice, his tone representative of the general mood in the church, saying that all of us were to be mobilized by royal decree of King Gaebolg the third. Confused as I still was, I asked him for the reasoning behind the sudden missive. He just nodded his head towards the crusader, forcing my attention back to the speech that was about to end. Only on the day of departure did I fully understand the objective of this expedition. We were to march towards Glast Heim castle to retrieve an ancient tome that was once stolen during Schmitz Von Walters’ tyranny, originating from the depths of Geffenia.

Expedition Log - Day 9 - Shiroi Hanabi

Long lines of men and women were trudging through the green plains of Geffen. A scant few heavy armored knights and crusaders were sat on top of Peco Peco’s to the flanks of the large caravan which was made up out of a few battle hardened knights, priests and wizards. However, the large majority still consisted of young mages, swordsmen and women, and acolytes. Prontera had mobilized in full, with a similar missive being delivered to the Magicians Guild in Geffen. Finding the high walls encompassing all of Glast heim already in sight, I moved forward through the lines to take a better look. Having read much about this place in preparation for the expedition, I was fully aware of the horrors that resided within. Demons and undead dubbed as super entities roamed freely in its depths, an amalgamation of Von Walter’s depravity. This unholy place that was rumored to be a portal directly to Hell, hadn’t been visited by many mortals ever since Grenholm von Gaebolg had overthrown the Mad King in a coup d’état. Perpetual darkness seemed to be looming over the high perched castle towers. The contrast between the blue ocean and azure skies surrounding it made the blotch of monochromatic colors truly feel like a different realm altogether.

Expedition Log - Day 16 - Shiroi Hanabi

The light does not reach this place. It was true what was rumored about this forsaken place, the gods had truly abandoned it. Nightmares of all forms and sizes were encountered within mere minutes of setting foot inside of the castle itself. Smiling clowns with eyes devoid of emotion, possessed treasure boxes that had sprouted gigantic teeth, floating mirrors that reflected the inner-demons residing in one's soul. As a priest, I was within the innermost area of our forces. Yet, all sense of security and safety had long abandoned me. The outer shell of sword wielding youths seemed to be thinning with every meter we advanced. As we delved deeper, the frequency of knights being heavily injured rose sharply, and I faintly recall one coming before me for treatment that was missing his lower jaw entirely. His eyes were desperately begging me to alleviate his suffering, having lost the ability to do so in actual words. Somewhere else, hidden in a dark corner of the castle, a mimic was chomping on the mangled combination of flesh, bones...and teeth.

Expedition Log - Day ?? - Shiroi Hanabi

Aside from the grunting of a few good men, silence filled the spacious corridors we had occupied. As I looked around carefully, the original hundreds accompanying me had dwindled down to a number barely reaching two dozen. Initially, the members of the church had spared no effort in attempting to rescue the critically wounded as our numbers kept dwindling. But orders were given by one of the commanding crusaders to only care for those who were still able to fight. Low on energy myself, I couldn’t even bring myself to refute the orders.

We took this rare moment of respite to recover our strength. Around fifteen minutes later we felt the entirety of the castle shake. It felt like an earthquake at first. But as I felt my surroundings shake a second, and then a third time, I quickly abandoned that thought. There seemed to be a pattern to the quakes, and they were increasing in intensity too. Accompanying the tremors, the sound of metallic clamoring was heard all around. The screeching noise of metal grinding against concrete immediately put the ragged bunch of survivors in full alert. The many old rusty ornamental sets of armor decorating the hallway around us appeared to be coming alive.

The commanding crusader was quick to notice the change too, and immediately yelled out “ CIRCLE FORMATION!! “. All the while, the constantly quaking castle itself was foreboding, loud crashing footsteps approaching from the front. The cacophony of clanking, screeching and buzzing noises left me in a daze, only snapping out of it once one of the corridors walls collapsed completely. A behemoth waltzed through the concrete wall, its shield alone sizing up to three crusaders in width. Covered from head to toe in distorted spiky metal, red liquids seemed to be oozing out every crevice that linked up the metal lumps covering its body. One of the crusaders charged forward valiantly whilst various fortifying spells were surrounding his holy armor. What came after can only be described as pandemonium. Waves upon waves of rattling animated armors that were wielding rusty longswords were flooding out from the intersecting corridors. The crusader that had previously charged forward was immediately drowned in the wave of metal.

Arrows whistled past my ears, but all I could hear were the blood curdling screams of the knights at the perimeter of our formation. Despair engulfed me, and I couldn’t stop my trembling legs from giving in. As I helplessly slumped to the floor, the fear that had clutched my heart left me unable to even scream. With shivering eyes I found a young acolyte clutching the hem of my robes. Dozens of bloody holes were drilled into his body, with gruesome looking arrows covering his figure like a pin cushion. I closed my eyes in acceptance of my fate. My body shook one last time as I felt a hand resting on one of my shoulders. A warm hand, with fingers.. Not being able to make the connection, I didn’t dare open my eyes as I waited for inevitable death.

All of a sudden, my entire world was radiating in a blue shimmer. Time seemed to have come to a stop, and complete silence filled my surroundings. No screams were heard, nor the clamoring of metal clashing against metal. Instead I felt like I was floating in the air, weightlessly and unimpeded by the forces of nature. When I slowly opened my eyes, I saw the bustling streets of prontera. My attention was drawn to a small feeble girl begging at the side of the road. As if pulled by the machinations of destiny I was floating towards her. She cried out “Zennies please!”, as she approached various wealthy looking individuals to ensure her survival. One of the merchants impatiently tossed the mud covered child to the side, before making his way to the bustling bazaar to earn his millions. The frail child hit the floor and another bruise was added to her legs. She crawled back up quickly, only a single tear welling up in the corner of her eyes as she wordlessly cursed her own existence. A kind looking old priest witnessed this encounter and brought her into the church of Prontera. As I followed the pair as a distant immaterial observant, I witnessed the story of a small frail girl growing up to be a full fledged devout member of the Church. An endless amount of time seemed to pass as I silently went through countless lives such as the one before, sometimes as a third party observer, other times through the eyes of the person directly.

After what felt like an eternity, I felt a tugging sensation at my belly jolting me back to my original vessel. A cursory glance around told me I had fallen down into the abyss once more, finding the bloodied acolyte in front of me drawing his last breaths. The sense of despair I once felt upon seeing these sights was gone however, and an inexplicable resolve had replaced it. I looked back to find a young girl wearing oriental looking gowns with golden motifs detailing it still resting her hand on my shoulder. She smiled at me in a carefree, comforting manner, detached from the mortal struggles of the world. She confidently told me “You are not alone, and you will survive this ordeal.”. As she proclaimed this, the acolyte in front of me miraculously stood back up with renewed vigor whilst being shrouded in a blue aura.

To this day, my mind still hasn’t fully comprehended what had transpired back then. All I know is that I witnessed the remaining veterans around me radiating in a faint blue light, projections of legendary figures silently floating behind them in ethereal form. My body moved on its own, and even the voice in which I spoke did not belong to me. I remember clutching my rosary, and exclaiming the Lord's name to summon holy brilliance in the shape of a cross. The holy light that shot forth completely disintegrated a number of the animated armors occupying one of the corridors. As I stood back up confidently, two of the crusaders were throwing their shields forward into the gap I had created, widening it even further. We pushed forward through the gap, and as the strength left my body once more one of the nearby knights forcibly grabbed my robes and dragged me along in their retreat. Moments before I blacked out, I tried to locate the strange girl again.

Even now as I recall these past events, I have no recollection of seeing her throughout the entire expedition aside from those moments. It was as if she had never existed in the first place, and had only appeared through some sort of divine providence. Today, my faith is stronger than ever, and I feel eternal gratefulness to whichever god was looking out for us that day.
Fragcat
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby kaila » 2020-02-11 10:21 (Tuesday)

Something quick in my sketchbook- not the best ever, but I managed to paint it in time! :D My small tribute to a particular soul linker mvp video ;)

Name: k.
In loading screens? Y
On the website/wiki? Y

kaila
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Lisa- » 2020-02-12 14:19 (Wednesday)

Name: 321
Category: Screenshot
In loading screens? Y
On the website/wiki? Y

(/ok) https://flic.kr/p/2isqu3S (/gawi)
Lisa-
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby salvi0ne » 2020-02-13 14:50 (Thursday)

Name: Salvi
In loading screens? Y
On the website/wiki? Y

salvi0ne
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby masterliss » 2020-02-13 17:49 (Thursday)

Name: Alyss
In loading screens? N
On the website/wiki? Y

masterliss
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Joyoko » 2020-02-16 13:03 (Sunday)

Name: Joyoko
Category: (Paper)Craft
In loading screens? Y
On the website/wiki? Y

Nice day in Geffen (/lv)
Joyoko
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Discord Username: Joyoko #4647

PreviousNext

Return to Events