MvP Drop rate

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Should the current MvP drops be lowered?

Poll ended at 2019-11-17 03:34 (Sunday)

Yes,
35%
No.
65%

Total votes : 17

MvP Drop rate

Postby Paternoster » 2019-11-03 03:34 (Sunday)

Hi,

I just checked some MvP's.

I think those Droprate's are to high and unhealthy for the server.

What do you people think about it?
Paternoster
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: MvP Drop rate

Postby fjyrin » 2019-12-08 22:36 (Sunday)

The MVP item drop rate is already lower than rates, and the MVP card drop rate is 0.5x... how low do you want it to go?
fjyrin
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Mathy » 2019-12-09 02:04 (Monday)

fjyrin wrote:The MVP item drop rate is already lower than rates, and the MVP card drop rate is 0.5x... how low do you want it to go?

MVP card drop rate is 1x.

I have no idea where you got the 0.5x from.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby fjyrin » 2019-12-09 03:07 (Monday)

Mathy wrote:
fjyrin wrote:The MVP item drop rate is already lower than rates, and the MVP card drop rate is 0.5x... how low do you want it to go?

MVP card drop rate is 1x.

I have no idea where you got the 0.5x from.

The official server software has had an off-by-one error since time immemorial that results in an additional 1/10,001 on all drop rolls. 2/10,001 (~0.02%) was always the minimum possible drop rate.

Emulator devs decided pretty early on to not faithfully emulate that bug, and because private servers ended up being way more popular than officials, most people's perception of official drop rates was based on an unofficial bugfix that was never implemented on AEGIS. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with having the rarest possible drop be half the official drop rate; I just think it's kind of silly when people suggest that it's "not rare enough" when it was less rare in the only "definitive" version of the game.
fjyrin
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby -8EightyFour4- » 2019-12-09 12:12 (Monday)

fjyrin wrote:(~0.02%) was always the minimum possible drop rate.

I also heard of that. 0.01% was not "possible" on officials.

But even so, the rates for MVP / Boss Cards here are 1x. So it's either 0.01% or 0.02%, not 0.05% (like the usual card drops).
This is rare enough for me. Consider that MVPs are not like normal monsters that you can kill all day long. Also considering the competition
you may kill a certain MVP maybe 1-3 times a day (depending on the respawn time).
So the MVPs are rare themselves and their card drop rate is even lower than that of normal monsters. Making these cards pretty damn rare!
Lowering these droprates (which is not even an option?) would be insane.
-8EightyFour4-
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Return to General Chat