Pet System questions

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Pet System questions

Postby Meowson » 2019-10-11 10:24 (Friday)

I've checked our wiki regarding the pet system, and it seems to be a little bit custom? There are some differences from both iRo Wiki's classic, and up-to-date entries. Can I get some confirmation about the below?

1. * Renewal hunger level - +20 out of 100 total hunger is regained per feed, and hunger rates are different per pet (i.e. loses x hunger level per minute)
* Classic - hunger is maxed per feed(?), hunger rates per pet not mentioned
* Origins - hunger is maxed per feed(?), hunger drops one level every 60 seconds - am I reading this right, so every pet gets to "neutral" in 2 minutes, and "hungry" in 3 minutes?

2. * Renewal - immediate bonus on hatching
* Classic/Origins - must be cordial

3. * Renewal/Origins - death loses 20 intimacy
* Classic - loses 15 intimacy

4. * Renewal - pet starts at 100-399 intimacy
* Classic - pet starts at 250-399 intimacy
* Origins - guide states both random 250-399 intimacy, as well as a set 250 intimacy - which is correct?

5 * Renewal - capture rate is standardized
* Classic - rumours that low HP helps cap
* Origins - capture rate is affected by stats, going by the first part of the guide. This is custom, right? So the guide has two tables for some kind of base rate - "Base Chance" and "Base Catch Rate", and the explanation refers to a "BaseRate" (though from reading it's clear it's referring to "Base Chance"). I assume the "Base Catch Rate" value isn't relevant, since it doesn't seem to correlate to any calculation? Also, if anything, the "Base Chance" column title should be renamed "BaseRate" to match the explanation, since "chance" refers to a probability given as a percentage or fraction.
(/sry)

6 * Misc guides - accessory needed for bonus
* Origins/Classic/Renewal - no mention of accessory requirement

7 * Misc guides - pets attack and perform tasks like looting
* Origins/Classic/Renewal - give (only) stat bonuses
Meowson
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Re: Pet System questions

Postby Kreuzbube » 2019-10-11 11:57 (Friday)

1. You lose 1 hunger level every 60 seconds, yes.
bonus: u lose 5 intimacy every 60 seconds when your pet is at hunger level 0 and about to reach hunger level -1. So it taskes far longer. Unfortunately this isn't really stated explicitly in the wiki.
2. yes
3. Decreased by 15 on maps where there is exp penalty (not in towns, fml for testing this in a town)
4. Every Pet can have a different initial intimacy level. It seems like most pets have exactly 250.
5. That formula is the taken from the emulator we're using, Hercules. It's based on the official formula, thus not custom.
6. No accessory needed.
7. Only stat bonuses.

EDIT:
corrected whats marked red.

EDIT2:
Give the actual answer you wanted. Marked in this color

EDIT3:
Bonus to first answer:
A pet's hunger level is measured from -n to 100,
as long as the hunger level is between(including) 0 and 100, you won't lose intimacy.
meaning that after 100 Minutes you start losing intimacy every minute!
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Stapo
Stapo

Postby Meowson » 2019-10-11 15:09 (Friday)

Hey, thank you :).

I think I get it - so feeding makes you fully satiated, i.e. 0 to 100, right? So you can feed at 0 or at 99, and both would take you to 100.

And re: point 1, I misunderstood the wiki. I'd thought 1 level of hunger meant one "stage", like hungry to very hungry, but it seems 1 level of hunger means 1 point out of 100. I prefer it this way, feeding once every hour and 40 mins :D.

One point I'm still not sure on - the wiki is again contradictory on the most efficient feeding method (intimacy gain per each feed, rather than time-efficient). It simultaneously states the best intimacy per feed is at "hungry", while the table gives flat intimacy increase values. Which is correct? Based on what you said, it seems to be a flat increase, for instance, feeding Alice at 0 hunger or 99 would result in net gain of 20 intimacy - is that right?
Meowson
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Meowson » 2019-10-12 15:19 (Saturday)

Did some testing.

Assuming intimacy began at 250, I didn't feed for >109 minutes to induce at least one feed's worth of intimacy loss before feeding twice to to "Neutral" intimacy to show two things: intimacy is lost in towns due to feeding issues, and yes you really don't lose intimacy until the full 100 mins are up.

Further observations:

1. The status window and hunger bar update automatically if left open and idle

2. One feed adds around 80-85 hunger points, closer to 80. Capped, it doesn't go over 100 if you feed at Neutral. Overfeeding (feeding again at 100) is still capped.

3. The hunger bar turns red shortly after reaching "Hungry", and there are no pixels left in the bar on a 1080p screen after a little over 95 minutes.

4. The exact times when hunger stage changes aren't precise - for instance, one run you may go from Stuffed to Satisfied in 9:35 mins, another run it may take 9:10. However, the stage changes that follow are precise - for example, one run will be:
9:35 to Satisfied
24:35 to Neutral
74:35 to Hungry
89:35 to Very Hungry
95:35 Red hunger bar is empty

5. Assuming my Lunatic started at 250, I started him off at 171-210 intimacy by leaving him to starve before feeding twice. If feeds give static intimacy, it should have taken 15 to 16 feeds to turn him "Cordial", but it took 14, hence feeds don't give static intimacy.

6. It's unclear what net changes arise from feeding at different hunger stages. It's clear feeding at starving (beyond 100 mins), very hungry, hungry, and neutral are all positive, while feeding at stuffed is negative. Not sure about satisfied at all.

Not sure what drove me to get this invested, but hey. It's the weekend... ha. :D
Meowson
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Return to General Chat