Round Table Questions

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Re: Round Table Questions

Postby Shitguild » 2019-02-11 17:34 (Monday)

Unfair. That makes being top 5 worse then being top 6-10. Because You lose even more Points / time then lower ranked people. Players Like andy, shuji and Other ranked alches shouldnt lose their points for decay. Thats their Timeinvestment and their Money spend for Points. Mighty ducks for example has spend 200m zeny to make their own top 10. I dont See any fair argument for letting people time and zeny go to waste.
200m is easy to financite as a guild.
Shitguild
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

Postby Niriw » 2019-02-11 17:53 (Monday)

Xellie wrote:as for macros, come on, manually crafting pots adds nothing of value to the game.

^ This, so many times over. Why is pressing 2 buttons for 10 hours a week viewed as "good" and holding down a button for 10 hours a week as "bad"? As long as the player is in front of the computer watching the potions being made, why does it matter? All you do by banning such things is turning away people from the server and giving people willing to take the risk an advantage. By allowing this particular instance, you are just preventing people from getting injured, or more delaying the injure, since holding down a button also causes strain due to the constant pressure, it is like holding a weight instead of benching it, I've been a competitive gamer and coach on other games, these sort of repetitive tasks always leave its mark.

And don't bring "split the work" arguement, it is 2019, not 2010, it is also not a 2000+ person server with each guild having 56/56 (or more) members, it is not feasible. Even if you split it, you still need to get at least 2 people (one exclusively for alchemist work and another for all other support [priest, songs, etc]). The amount of coordination required for that is unsustainable with current numbers, specially in an international server, where there are players from like 20 different timezones, all with different lives and schedules.

Why is this on the ToS but not something similar for macros? http://originsro.org/tos#s5t4-afk-leveling

AFK Levelers will be tested by a GM or an independent player for one minute. Any AFK Leveler exceeding one minute of inactivity, will be punishable when reported. The report must offer sufficient proof, with screenshots showing two distinct instances with at least forty-five (45) seconds of separation.
Niriw
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

GitLab User ID: JJJJ @Niriw
Discord Username: Niriw#5815

Postby Mathy » 2019-02-11 18:09 (Monday)

Shitguild wrote:Unfair. That makes being top 5 worse then being top 6-10. Because You lose even more Points / time then lower ranked people. Players Like andy, shuji and Other ranked alches shouldnt lose their points for decay. Thats their Timeinvestment and their Money spend for Points. Mighty ducks for example has spend 200m zeny to make their own top 10. I dont See any fair argument for letting people time and zeny go to waste.
200m is easy to financite as a guild.

Yes, but you stay on top, and as long as you keep up the brewing/forging/ranking pace, you STAY on top.
If you fall behind, it's faster for newer players to take over.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Lace » 2019-02-11 18:17 (Monday)

Xellie wrote:as for macros, come on, manually crafting pots adds nothing of value to the game.

Don't care. Don't macro. If you choose to macro anyway, be aware of the consequences.
Lace
Game Master
Game Master
Poporing
Poporing

Postby HolyBabe » 2019-02-11 21:43 (Monday)

is it currently impossible for a new guild to get into top10? no
well its not easy mode, ofc, but its not ment to be "easy" and its not that hard for a woe guild either.

is it currently impossible for a single person, or a small pvm guild? yes
is that a bad thing? No because,
in my opinion having a top10 brewer, was always ment to be one of the few things that only a organized guild can/shall achieve.
on some servers it wasnt even possible to come close to the top10 even for the bigger guilds, but thats the game, thats how the system is.

Mathy wrote:Rank decay for all classes that have it is planned, and has been planned for years, but for some reason I keep forgetting.

The plan is to remove a percentage every month. Possibly 2~5% per month.

Mathy wrote:Yes, but you stay on top, and as long as you keep up the brewing/forging/ranking pace, you STAY on top.

the idea isnt bad, UNTILL we all come to the point where ALL top10 brewers will brew all their points into the "tax/Penality" and all the top10 alche points of all brewers start to stagnate because the points are 2High to overcome that monthly penality. (/heh)

in reality, im sure, atleast the current top8 wont stop to brew with a penality, no, the opposite will happen = They will brew even more.
and prolly will even start to brew reds, just to stay into the rank and overcome that penality
(instead of their currently legit 100% white brewings for woe)

So how can we help newcomers then?
we cant.
sadly the system is not ment to be newcomer friendly.
and atm we dont need to. if the 10th alchemist place got like 300/350 k , we can talk about that topic again, but now its to early.

currently there are way more important things to do for you guys (/heh)
[ ]
Image PoorAndCute
HolyBabe
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Shitguild » 2019-02-11 22:15 (Monday)

AFK Levelers will be tested by a GM or an independent player for one minute. Any AFK Leveler exceeding one minute of inactivity, will be punishable when reported. The report must offer sufficient proof, with screenshots showing two distinct instances with at least forty-five (45) seconds of separation.

this should be a general thing for every "macro thing". It real doesnt matter for example if the songs in a party are pressed by a person by hand or by macro. same goes for potions, its just another toxic enviourment promoted , by saying things like " I never macrod, you macrod all your points, i am going to report u"
As long as u are sitting infront of the pc, playing / watching the game its fine , atleast in my opinion. because there is no difference
Shitguild
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

Postby acampbell » 2019-02-12 01:07 (Tuesday)

As for the macroing thing, why not just add some functionality that lets you specify how many brewing attempts you wish to run, then just let it run automatically. Like twilight alchemy, I guess, but more fine-tuned control?

I used to play an MMO which had PVP rankings with decay, and it worked very well. The people who stayed in the top of the leaderboards were people who were really completely active and dedicated, and thus deserved the #1 spot. Sure, people can slack a bit and get into the top #10 still, but the #1 should be the most active brewer now, not who has played the longest.
TroubleshootingOriginsRO WikiOriginsRO Control PanelHow-To: OriginsRO on Linux

My characters:
Valdis • Zayn • Chartax • Rhigaerd • WallStreetTrading • Tylund • Vazel • Kelsier • Asier
acampbell
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

GitLab User ID: @Chartax
Discord Username: @Chartax#7117
IRC nickname: acampbell

Postby Mathy » 2019-02-12 02:45 (Tuesday)

HolyBabe wrote:is it currently impossible for a new guild to get into top10?  no
well its not easy mode, ofc, but its not ment to be "easy" and its not that hard for a woe guild either.

is it currently impossible for a single person, or a small pvm guild?  yes
is that a bad thing? No because,
in my opinion having a top10 brewer, was always ment to be one of the few things that only a organized guild can/shall achieve.
on some servers it wasnt even possible to come close to the top10 even for the bigger guilds, but thats the game, thats how the system is.

Mathy wrote:Rank decay for all classes that have it is planned, and has been planned for years, but for some reason I keep forgetting.

The plan is to remove a percentage every month. Possibly 2~5% per month.

Mathy wrote:Yes, but you stay on top, and as long as you keep up the brewing/forging/ranking pace, you STAY on top.

the idea isnt bad, UNTILL we all come to the point where ALL top10 brewers will brew all their points into the "tax/Penality" and all the top10 alche points of all brewers start to stagnate because the points are 2High to overcome that monthly penality.   (/heh)

in reality, im sure, atleast the current top8 wont stop to brew with a penality, no, the opposite will happen = They will brew even more.
and prolly will even start to brew reds, just to stay into the rank and overcome that penality
(instead of their currently legit 100% white brewings for woe)

So how can we help newcomers then?
we cant.
sadly the system is not ment to be newcomer friendly.
and atm we dont need to. if the 10th alchemist place got like 300/350 k , we can talk about that topic again, but now its to early.

currently there are way more important things to do for you guys  (/heh)
Good. If they brew more to stay in the ranking that means they are still active, and deserving of that spot. If they fall behind, it means someone else is being more active than them, and more deserving of that spot.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Xellie » 2019-02-12 11:35 (Tuesday)

Lace wrote:

Don't care. Don't macro. If you choose to macro anyway, be aware of the consequences.

I won't because I don't brew. My health condition prevents it, which is a shame, I'l like to help out by holding one button instead of spamming two buttons. So thanks for the concern, but I'll never brew for this reason.

kRO is adding macro functions to RO. It's pretty cool of them to do that.
Xellie
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby acampbell » 2019-02-12 12:43 (Tuesday)

Xellie wrote:kRO is adding macro functions to RO. It's pretty cool of them to do that.

This is my ideal solution to the entire problem. Have some limited, quality of life enabling macroing like World of Warcraft and similar MMOs feature, and permit those. Then everything using external tools can be completely illegal without any complaints of "but brewing/smithing/autocasting isn't negative". Level the playing field (/no1)
TroubleshootingOriginsRO WikiOriginsRO Control PanelHow-To: OriginsRO on Linux

My characters:
Valdis • Zayn • Chartax • Rhigaerd • WallStreetTrading • Tylund • Vazel • Kelsier • Asier
acampbell
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

GitLab User ID: @Chartax
Discord Username: @Chartax#7117
IRC nickname: acampbell

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat