How-To: Play OriginsRO on Linux

Post here to ask for technical support with your game client, patcher, kRO/Sakray Setup
Forum rules
****** !!! A T T E N T I O N !!! ******

Before opening a new support request or replying to an existing one, please make sure you read the General Troubleshooting Instructions.
Only if the instructions described there don't resolve - or don't apply to - your issue, please open a new thread, stating what you did so far.

Any requests that clearly don't follow these instructions may be ignored, locked, or deleted.

****** !!! A T T E N T I O N !!! ******

Re: How-To: Play OriginsRO on Linux

Postby Mathy » 2020-07-13 11:51 (Monday)

I've heard of screenshots coming out wonky when running on non-standard resolutions. Try taking screenshots on a proper, well-known 4:3 or 16:9 or 16:10 window size?
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Fournux » 2020-07-21 16:41 (Tuesday)

Hey there,

I got poor performance with Wine and the built-in ddraw.dll, maybe 20-30fps even on an empty map with stuttering.
I encountered this problem with other Ragnarök servers and I think it is related to the fact that the game client is still using an old Direct3D API (DirectDraw which was shipped with DX7). The ddraw.dll implementation provided by Wine does not provide optimal performance, anyway with my configuration (GTX660 Ti, latest proprietary drivers)

But using dgVoodoo2 with DXVK, I can get more than 100FPS in fields maps, and around 70FPS in Prontera : https://i.imgur.com/8RpIjH3.png
The UI seems more responsive, and the playing comfort is better.

I have just created an installer for Lutris, which is still unpublished and waiting for admin validation. It may be useful for some of you ;)

Fournux
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby zoinkki » 2020-08-05 14:44 (Wednesday)

Fournux wrote:Hey there,

I got poor performance with Wine and the built-in ddraw.dll, maybe 20-30fps even on an empty map with stuttering.
I encountered this problem with other Ragnarök servers and I think it is related to the fact that the game client is still using an old Direct3D API (DirectDraw which was shipped with DX7). The ddraw.dll implementation provided by Wine does not provide optimal performance, anyway with my configuration (GTX660 Ti, latest proprietary drivers)

But using dgVoodoo2 with DXVK, I can get more than 100FPS in fields maps, and around 70FPS in Prontera : https://i.imgur.com/8RpIjH3.png
The UI seems more responsive, and the playing comfort is better.

I have just created an installer for Lutris, which is still unpublished and waiting for admin validation. It may be useful for some of you ;)

Worked flawlessly on my Ubuntu 18.04.
Thansk for your hard work (/lv)
zoinkki
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Previous

Return to Technical Support