About @autoloot command

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

About @autoloot command

Postby Sonycitoh » 2019-01-14 10:32 (Monday)

Good morning, I was reading the FAQ of OriginsRO and one caught my attention.

Q - Can you make Teleport lv.1 not have a confirmation screen?
A - We understand the convinience of this feature, but we also see it as a very custom feature of some servers, that affect how many Fly Wings a Priest or someone with Creamy Card normally carries. We believe that the time that it takes to teleport using this skill is intentionally higher, so that it's more a way to get around quickly and less of a an emergency button.

I have been maining Blacksmith for a long time and I find that the autoloot command is unfair for all the blacksmith players out there, I would say Greed skill is one of the best skills for Blacksmiths, they add one simple but unique function, autoloot just makes greed useless. Which is what they try to evade with the teleport/creamy thing.

I know autoloot makes farming really comfortable but...

I would like to know your opinions guys.

Regards!
Sonycitoh
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: About @autoloot command

Postby Niriw » 2019-01-14 14:29 (Monday)

I use Greed on a near daily basis, and I know other people who also do.

Think outside the box.
Last edited by Niriw on 2019-01-14 14:52 (Monday), edited 1 time in total.
Niriw
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

GitLab User ID: JJJJ @Niriw
Discord Username: Niriw#5815

Postby Konrawr » 2019-01-14 14:37 (Monday)

IMO, Greed is useless out of some specific case. I don't want to be rude, but that's why it's a quest skill and not a "main" skill. You'll never use it to replace autoloot because the sp use is ridiculously high.How ranged class take advantage of it ? Not moving to the loots? Usually non ranged class got higher weigth which make it quite balanced for me.

Also I will probably never play oRO if there was no autoloot because I'm too old for playing without it and this game is too old to be played without it. This game is old and yes sometime features/commands who could be added help greatly to still playing this old game by making it more attractive.
Konrawr
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Edremis » 2019-01-14 15:27 (Monday)

Sonycitoh wrote:I find that the autoloot command is unfair for all the blacksmith players out there

I find that not being able to AFK with homun (not yet here lol) unfair for all the alchemist players out there.

See why it doesn't work?

There is an alternative to teleport (fly wings). There is no alternative to greed or homuns. That's why autoloot isn't unfair.

And like Niriw said, think outside the box. For example I used to use greed to loot everything myself because me, as a merchant with a lot of str, was able to carry a lot of items but my party don't. Late I sell everything and I would split the zeny with them (overcharge FTW).
Edremis
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby heueck » 2019-01-15 07:49 (Tuesday)

without autoloot no random Party ever will work because there wont be loot distribution and either some classes wont get Loot or the party dies because all are looting. And I am old too. Too old for picking up loots manually.
Einarson - Hunter
Pigtails!- Priest
Daniel Lugo - Crusader
John Preston - Gunslinger WOE
.:Balthasar:. - Monk
Henrietta - Gunny MVP
Agibaba - Knight

more to come...

Focker's Rule =)
heueck
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Shitguild » 2019-01-15 08:55 (Tuesday)

heueck wrote:Too old for picking up loots manually.

actualy touching the ground in 2k19  (/heh)
Shitguild
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

Postby HolyBabe » 2019-01-15 09:08 (Tuesday)

i understand your side OP,
but try to see it that way:
this is a progression server, that means the server once started with a very old episode, like over 4 years ago.
the 2nd cls platinum skill (aka greed) were just release like ~ 3 Months (?) ago.
so its pretty new.

If we say now  "Lets disable autoloot because of greed"  it whould be really unfair for all new players since the old playerbase had a huge advantage with autoloot.

Its also unfair for all players, since they agreed to join a server who had autoloot as a official feature.
without autoloot im sure there were alot of peoples who whould not have started here on this server in the first place.
[ ]
Image PoorAndCute
HolyBabe
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Mathy » 2019-01-15 14:11 (Tuesday)

heueck wrote:without autoloot no random Party ever will work because there wont be loot distribution and either some classes wont get Loot or the party dies because all are looting. And I am old too. Too old for picking up loots manually.

You can (and normally do) set it up so that regardless of who picked the item up, it goes to whoever the server randomized as the owner of the item. So you wouldn't have all loot going to Blacksmiths.

I think you just haven't played without autoloot for a long time.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby heueck » 2019-01-16 08:15 (Wednesday)

Very true, sorry.
Einarson - Hunter
Pigtails!- Priest
Daniel Lugo - Crusader
John Preston - Gunslinger WOE
.:Balthasar:. - Monk
Henrietta - Gunny MVP
Agibaba - Knight

more to come...

Focker's Rule =)
heueck
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby acampbell » 2019-01-16 14:01 (Wednesday)

Interesting point. I believe that if Autoloot makes Greed useless, then either

a) Autoloot should change to make Greed useful
b) Greed should change to become useful

I feel like option B would be the far more popular one of those two among the server population, so we should discuss ways to rebalance Greed to be good again.

Niriw wrote:I use Greed on a near daily basis...

How do you use Greed, then? To pick up other people's dropped loot that they never bothered to pick up?
TroubleshootingOriginsRO WikiOriginsRO Control PanelHow-To: OriginsRO on Linux

My characters:
Valdis • Zayn • Chartax • Rhigaerd • WallStreetTrading • Tylund • Vazel • Kelsier • Asier
acampbell
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

GitLab User ID: @Chartax
Discord Username: @Chartax#7117
IRC nickname: acampbell

Next

Return to General Chat