Some MVPs are doing way too much damage

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Some MVPs are doing way too much damage

Postby Gobber » 2019-01-11 03:07 (Friday)

I haven't fought that many MVPs yet but some of them are dealing more damage than they should, especially for pre trans.
Stormy knight for example hit recently hit me with the casual 43k damage bitchslap with an attack that used to deal 9k.
Maya is dishing out 18k brandish spears.
Orc Lord doing a casual 8k fire attack vs 85% + 15% + 20% + 20% fire resistance and 55 def. Mixed some stuff up nvm this. (/hmm)

I can't get MVPs to dish out this amount of damage using any stat calc, and those are using trans stats on the MVPs.

I suggest you revert whatever change you made to the enrage buff, at least until trans is released.

"Bruh mvps are so easy, my monk can kill everything soooo easily."
No shit, my grandma with Parkinson's could kill any mvp using a monk.
Last edited by Gobber on 2019-01-11 03:28 (Friday), edited 1 time in total.
Gobber
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Some MVPs are doing way too much damage

Postby Niriw » 2019-01-11 03:17 (Friday)

I can kill a lot of MVPs with Hunter, Wizard and even Knight easily

Back on topic, if you can properly document it, best place is to go to https://gitlab.com/OriginsRO/OriginsRO/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened and make a suggestion/bug report.

Stormy specifically, you probably were under Hallucination status effect.

Maya damage seems ok considering Power Up + Brandish lvl 20 (1500% of her base ATK [1800~2070]), if you are using some reduction.

Orc Lord, he does an Earth Property Attack, not Fire. Damage seems consistent with his current skills.

Even with all these "OP Skills" MVP killing is super easy, nerfing them would mean they would be even more solo-able and boring.
Niriw
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

GitLab User ID: JJJJ @Niriw
Discord Username: Niriw#5815

Re: Some MVPs are doing way too much damage

Postby Gobber » 2019-01-11 05:14 (Friday)

Ah ye, my bad on orc lord, earth element is weak against fire armor and i mixed em up. But does hallucination damage show up in the combat log? That's where I checked it out afterwards.
And Maya, using a calculator should do 9-11k brandish vs my gear.
Either way, the update at least doubled the damage they deal.

Niriw wrote:I can kill a lot of MVPs with Hunter, Wizard and even Knight easily

And yes, you can still kill MVPs , no one is claiming otherwise. What I am arguing is that all this damage boost did was make class balance worse. I've MVPd with every single job since I started playing here like 4 some years ago, it's not exactly rocket science. I used to freaking holy light MVPs to death.
Ranged jobs should not even get hit by the MVP in the first place, so they're not affected by this in the slightest and anything that didn't kill a knight before the buff still won't, so the only ones who were screwed over by this change are melee characters that aren't of the vit swordsman persuasion.

Job diversity is, in my opinion, something you should strive towards.

Niriw wrote:Even with all these "OP Skills" MVP killing is super easy, nerfing them would mean they would be even more solo-able and boring.

Literally all that's happening is you're pigeonholing people into playing those aforementioned classes. Nothing has changed for ranged characters, monks or knights (well, I guess they have to spend a few extra pots, such interesting game play and skill expression you got going now (/ok) ).
All they did was up the damage, they didn't add any new mechanic, not some red circle to dodge out of, there is literally NO difference in how you play the game, as long as you use one of the few viable jobs. For everyone else, you get the good ol' unavoidable one-shot coming for ya. Better "git gud" I suppose.

There are "end game" mvps that you need a group for, and they are the same ones that you needed a group for prior to the buff.

Again, my point is that all this update did was to stop the sub par jobs and builds from even competing with the S tiers.
Gobber
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Return to General Chat