Grampa's Starter Zeny Guide~

Grampa's Starter Zeny Guide~

Postby 1sec » 2019-01-08 23:39 (Tuesday)

Introduction
Hey guys~ Grampa here!
Okay so this is a quick guide to get you on the right path of quick zeny making when you first join THIS server.
This guide is for every player- from the utmost pro veteran to the freshly newbie who first started playing this game.
This guide will not include game mechanics or elaborating on builds.
So let's keep it simple and quick shall we?~
P.S. If you're new to the game I'd strongly suggest reading everything the NPCs tell you in the Novice Grounds!
Edit: I will tell you about alternatives, no screenshots for those~ Sorry.

First Thing's First
Okay first of all you'll need to make 3 accounts within the Master Account, you can do that through the OriginsRO Control Panel:
Spoiler: show

Note: Never make more than 1 Master Account, for more info read about that in the sever's rules!
Now you might ask "Why 3 accounts, Grampa?" Well that's because you'll need 3 characters: Acolyte, Archer, Merchant.
Acolyte which will be a future Full Support Priest will help your future Hunter to stay alive.
Merchant for Overprice/Discount to NPCs, and Vending to sell players your goods.
Make ONE new character in each account should look like this on each account:

Okay next is to know how to auto-follow a character. To do so you'll need to disable /nc (NoControl) and /ns (NoShift), with both of those off you'll need to hold Shift and Right Click on the desired character to be auto-followed.
It should look like this with a point on the desired character's head:

Now then carry on with the Novice Grounds, reaching the first NPC talking about your stats.
It should be for your Acolyte 9 Intelligence, 9 Dexterity and 9 either in Agility or Luck (Depends on whatever suits you more)
Hunter should always start with 9Dex and 9AGI, however, if you're going to be a Blitzer get 9Int aswell~ Unless you want 9Str for extra weight.
And finally your Merchant, usually their stats wont matter because they'll be 100% in town, unless you'll make it to a 2nd job so plan ahead.. If not you could put everything in VIT as far as I'm concerned~

After that don't forget to visit the Stylist on the top left, you'll get free coupons which are great if you wanna play a bit of "BarbieRO" (Customizing your character ingame. No, it's not an actual server, just a term I use whenever I style my characters!) like I do~ (Note: You won't get these 2 free coupons anywhere but here, if you miss them than you'll need to work for your barbies)

Okay.. after talking to all the NPCs and reaching the leveling spot, you'll need to get your future Archer to job level 8 so he can organize a party:

To make it party shared you'll need to enter the Keyboard Shortcuts in the ESC button, there you'll find the Party Setup under the Window Interface tab. (Can't take a screenshot in that window.. (/pif) )

That way you can invite the other 2 characters you have and start sharing the EXP. After you did so head to level 5 and start killing Hornets and Willows. (Willows drop the Archer's Job Change Quest's items.. so you better kill those too!) Hornets gives the most EXP in the Novice Grounds, so you better kill them to save some time. :)

Note: Before taking the Novice Ground's Test, give all of your Fly Wings to your future Acolyte, sometimes the Acolyte Job Change Quest makes you fetch an NPC in the middle of nowhere~

First Job!
After you've reached Job level 10 and changed to an Archer/Acolyte/Merchant, teleport to Payon and save there~ (You don't want to die and get spawned back to Alberta/Prontera, that'll just be a waste of Kafra Transportation Tickets.. you'll need those if you just started~)

Now head south of Payon to get a few job levels.

First get Heal level 3-5, Double Strafe 3-5, and with your Merchant rush towards Overcharge level 10.
After you get a few Job levels- head north of Payon to Archer's Village, go to the NPC at the top to get 500-1000 Silver Arrows, depending on how much Zeny you have. (Try to save up the good loot for later)

After that head to Payon Caves, note that it's a good idea to send all your Novice Potions to your Archer, it'll be easier to spam those potions instead of using Heal. (You're limited aswell due to low SP at the moment)

Note that while you DS (Double Strafe) some zombies, you can kill some Red Plants- might get lucky and get a Romantic Flower which sells around 1,000,000z.

Save one Opal for Holy Light later on, dropped by a Zombie.
And kill the Blue Mushrooms for Crystal Blue which will generate to Crystal Arrows via Arrow Crafting skill from your Archer.

Note: You can always use your Acolyte and Merchant to attack the monsters who aggro your Archer

Now you stay in Payon Caves level 1 'till your Merchant gets Overcharge 10. For your Acolyte I'd suggest after getting Heal 5, get AGI 1 just to make yourself a bit faster and rush to Blessing 5. As for your Archer's skills getting DS 10 is great, after that get Vulture's Eye 10 and Owl's Eye 10.
It should look like this after you get Overcharge 10:

Edit: Alternatives to Payon Caves level 1 are: Rockers, Hornets, Mandragoras, Mukas Spores and Wormtails. To know which monster is located say "@whereis Wormtail". To find out where that particular field is press Ctrl + ~ and then tap on Alt to see the maps' names. (This map doesn't show you where the dungeons are located).

A Boost in Cash~
Now that you've got Overcharge 10, sell most of your loot (except for Crystal Blue, 1 Opal and any slotted gear)
You can either trade all your loot to your Merchant (Tip: Hold Alt and right click on the items you want to trade off, it'll go directly to your trade or storage if you got that opened)

or just throw them all on the ground for him to collect which could be faster, but risky.

Get 1 Concentration Potion and 1500 Fire Arrows from Sunken Ship (You get there from Alberta from this NPC)

Don't forget to upgrade your Bow to +7 with the Pharacons you've got from the Novice Test Course. (If you failed to reach your desired class with the test, one of the other characters might've succeeded)

And get a Rod [3] from the Weapon's dealer at Payon for +15% MATK that your Acolyte will have a boost in his healing power~ :3
Edit: The +15% MATK works in the Renewal mechanics.

Wolves 'Till Pneuma
Okay now that you're all set go 2 maps south of Payon, you'll get to Wolves.

This map is great for these levels, kill everything in sight- remember you just started so you'd like to have any kind of goods that you get!
So first let's talk about the loot- what needs to be saved for later and what needs to be sold~
Save: Cards, Strawberries (You'll Vend them later for 750-900z depending on the market instead of selling them around 200z at an NPC), Slotted Gear.
Creamy Card is sold for 1.5m~2m (1,500,000z-2,000,000z), Lunatic is around 500k,
Sell all the rest~ simple right?
Now then.. how long to stay at Wolves? 'Till you get Pneuma with your Acolyte. Be wary of Vagabond, he's a strong mini-boss Wolf at these levels, don't try to kill it just run~
Keep selling the rest of the loot 'till you get enough money for a Gakkung, only buy that when you get Discount 10!

Once you have Gakkung, it should be very easy because you'll most likely 1 shot a Wolf with DS.

Edit: Suggestion: Wolf Card would be good to put inside the Gakkung Bow~
Edit: Alternatives to Wolves are: Hodes, Floras and Toy Factory 1.

Selling and Stocking~
Now that you've got Pneuma 1, get back to town, sell everything except for Strawberries, Cards and slotted gear.
Buy yourself like 2-3 Concentration Potions and 1-2 Awakening Potions.

Get some more Fire Arrows and 1-10 Blue Gemstones (Sold in Geffen southwest side)
If your zeny isn't enough, get 1 Blue Gemstone and forget about the Awakening Potions.

Toy Factory 'till Vending
Now, head with your Acolyte to Alde Baran. (Cheapest way from Payon is to warp to Prontera>Izlude>Alde Baran)
Head to Santa Claus, he'll warp you to Lutie for free-

Go north one map and before entering the north portal to Toy Factory, save your warp there with /memo. (Note: Cannot use /memo in Dungeons that has an MvP there [Boss Monster])

Teleport back to Payon with your Acolyte and use your Warp Portal skill to warp your characters to Toy Factory. (Note: Do not enter with your Acolyte first, that'll remove the Warp Portal and if you have only 1 Blue Gemstone, your Archer and Merchant won't be able to Warp as well for the time being, be aware of that!)
Welcome to Toy Factory! This place has great loot that'll be sold to an NPC (e.g. Piece of Cake is sold WITHOUT Overcharge at 1,500z EACH! So with Overcharge 10, you'll have a 24% boost to that, neat huh? ^.~)
Okay, now head to level 2 which is located in the center of this map.
Now, if you have like 1500 Fire Arrows, I suggest killing the Cruisers (Toy Soldiers) only because it's easier to deal with Pneuma (Pneuma is a skill that'll prevent ANY ranged damaged to you for 10 seconds, use it well and alot!)

Note: The Christmas Orcs you see in the screenshot are only there while the Christmas Event is active!
Note: Do be careful here from Stormy Knight, don't worry you'll notice him immediately once you see him.. He's a boss monster with monsters around him~
Myst Cases are the money-time! Just kill them when you know you're clear of Cruisers, because they hit hard at those levels.. Very hard~ D:
So what I usually do is attack it and run away to get some distance and repeat 'till it's dead

Tip: Save your SP only to deal with Myst Cases, just tap the Cruisers.
Stay there with your Merchant 'till he gets at least Vending level 1. (You can go for more if you'd like, it's up to you~)
Vending level 1 will allow you to sell 3 items, so start by selling the Strawberries. Check how much they're being sold by @whosells strawberry (or for the lazy people @ws strawberry)

This is how much I got from staying 'till Vending 1:

P.S. I know there's the Christmas Event right now, however, I only sold the items that drop without the Event.
And of course if you need to restock arrows or Blue Gemstones if you die, sell your loot and do that.
Edit: Alternatives to Toy Factory 2 are: Pyramids 2F/3F, Amatsu Level 1. (For Amatsu you'll need 10k to travel there so /memo there is a must! You'll need to do the Amatsu Dungeon quest plus you'll rely heavily on Pneuma, it's very dangerous there so keep that in mind. Oh, and Shinobi will most likely kill you in 1 hit.)

Conclusion
You can stay in Toy Factory 2 'till you get your Acolyte to Job 50 (Acolytes ALWAYS need Job 50 to change for Monk/Priest) or save up 10k for a trip to Louyang with your Acolyte and /memo there~ Mi Gaos give great EXP and with an Archer that only needs minimum Job level 41 to be a Hunter, it'll be fast~ However, Zeny-wise compared between the two locations... Toy Factory wins by far!
Now, I won't tell you in this guide where to level and make more zeny later on, remember, this is a STARTER guide!~
Hope you'll have fun in OriginsRO and play nice <3
P.S. Feel free to add anything that I've missed~
Edit: Special thanks to scalpel and Niriw.
Last edited by 1sec on 2019-08-13 12:35 (Tuesday), edited 1 time in total.
Owner of Grampa's Supply Shops

Main Characters: show
|GrampasAmazingPace| - Wizard 99 [Sorcerer]
!GrandpasAmazingPace! - Knight 97 [ThrongOrganizer]
[GrandpasAmazingPace] - Hunter 97 [MightyBlitzer]
.GrampasAmazingPace. - Priest 85 [Ecclesiastic]

Alt Characters: show
^KillinG^ - Priestess 98 [Onegai, Senpai~!]
.KillinG. - Alchemist 92 [Thaumaturgist]
KillinG - Assassin 85 [CriticalDevotee]
~KillinG~ - Rogue 76 [Miser]

Babies: show
GrammasAmazingPace - Baby Swordie 99 [SuperBash]
1sec
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Grampa's Starter Zeny Guide~

Postby Franky4Fingers » 2019-01-14 09:16 (Monday)

Very complete beginner guide. I would say you can swap the archer for a mage. Cheaper and can go to GH prison for some Vertical Fire walling. Can't beat that exp at that level range =)
Franky4Fingers - Farmer Rogue
F4F - Hybrid Sin
Franky4Fingers
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Postby amphyb » 2019-02-13 15:31 (Wednesday)

I would actually not recommend this for players who are new to Ragnarok Online. It's much more fun to explore the game for the first time as a single character.
It's definitely a great guide though.
amphyb
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Chillout » 2019-02-23 23:42 (Saturday)

1sec,
Great guide. But. I would say it Good Guide for Leveling. But it called "Zeny Guide" and I expected to see how to make more Zeny in relation to the economy of our particular OriginsRO server, for example what kind of loot which is in demand from autotrade vendors at a good price.

I still remember which locations good for leveling depending on job class. And yet here is the experience rating х5. I still remember leveling solo on a old server with a rating х1. That was hardcore ))

But I would be interested to hear in detail about "auto-follow a character". Can you tell about it in great detail? It's both your characters? I have never heard of such a thing, I didn’t even know that this is possible. That is, it is like a party, where both characters belong to you and the experience is divided in half? Second character is passive or or the priest can cast the hunter?? Maybe I did not understand.
Chillout
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby 1sec » 2019-03-01 00:30 (Friday)

Chillout wrote:1sec,
Great guide. But. I would say it Good Guide for Leveling. But it called "Zeny Guide" and I expected to see how to make more Zeny in relation to the economy of our particular OriginsRO server, for example what kind of loot which is in demand from autotrade vendors at a good price.

This guide refers to new players who might be newbies or veterans and they just joined the server and want to make enough zeny in one day to buy basic gear off NPCs/Vendors.. a quick example is Hunter's Bow(NPC)/Pantie+Undershirt(Vendors)
I don't think I'll make a guide that'll cover up all sorts of items that can make you good cash for two reasons..
1. Alot of players will farm those particular items and that'll decrease their prices
2. There are so many items to cover up for such a guide it'll take me up to a week to do so (especially due to that I have my own life to deal with~)
Ofcourse there are some items that their vending value is pretty much solid and the prices hardly even change (For example Eluniums)

Chillout wrote:But I would be interested to hear in detail about "auto-follow a character". Can you tell about it in great detail? It's both your characters? I have never heard of such a thing, I didn’t even know that this is possible. That is, it is like a party, where both characters belong to you and the experience is divided in half? Second character is passive or or the priest can cast the hunter?? Maybe I did not understand.

This is pretty basic so I'll try my best to fully elaborate on the subject.
To be able to auto-follow ANY character (Whether it is your own in another client or just a different player), you need to disable NoCtrl (Typing out /nc and in chat it'll say "Use auto attacks with Ctrl. [Auto attacks OFF]"). With that done, you'll need to disable /ns (NoShift) so it'll be OFF too. Now what you need to do is hold Shift and right click with your mouse on a character and here you go, you're auto-following someone.
If you still didn't understand how to auto-follow watch this video, it helps out alot on figuring it out~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGVPxtza7rQ

Chillout wrote:Can you tell about it in great detail?

Yes, I let my Merchant and Acolyte auto-follow my Archer, with that being done, I'm using my Archer as the 'main' character to control the whole situation.
When I attack a monster, especially a strong one, I switch to my Acolyte client (Alt+Tab) and now I'm ready to Heal/Buff my Archer for whatever it needs in each situation.. It's pretty simple.. I'd say try it out yourself so you'll get a better understanding of how to do it.
~Grampa
Owner of Grampa's Supply Shops

Main Characters: show
|GrampasAmazingPace| - Wizard 99 [Sorcerer]
!GrandpasAmazingPace! - Knight 97 [ThrongOrganizer]
[GrandpasAmazingPace] - Hunter 97 [MightyBlitzer]
.GrampasAmazingPace. - Priest 85 [Ecclesiastic]

Alt Characters: show
^KillinG^ - Priestess 98 [Onegai, Senpai~!]
.KillinG. - Alchemist 92 [Thaumaturgist]
KillinG - Assassin 85 [CriticalDevotee]
~KillinG~ - Rogue 76 [Miser]

Babies: show
GrammasAmazingPace - Baby Swordie 99 [SuperBash]
1sec
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Shitguild » 2019-03-03 07:56 (Sunday)

great guide for more experienced players, but if u are new to the game, you should epxlore the game with 1 char, maybe also experience the struggle when u dont have enough money for the kafra so u have to walk from payon to pron.

Good guide though
Shitguild
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

Postby Chillout » 2019-03-10 20:44 (Sunday)

Differece of base levels in party to share exp?
Chillout
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Mathy » 2019-03-13 15:14 (Wednesday)

Chillout wrote:Differece of  base levels in party to share exp?

If you are asking about the server setting, it's the default, 10.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby scalpel » 2019-04-07 23:34 (Sunday)

This is a a very well-written and informative guide. If followed word for word, it sets players up for success very well.
scalpel
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Styx » 2019-05-18 21:02 (Saturday)

Tweaks are possible but it is a very reasonable guide to discover some mechanics from the game.
It is one of the few guides I ever saw that I really did like. It is really for you as new player who still has to discover many things. You don't make a mistake to follow this guide which is pretty steady in development. Could you do better? Sure, but not as new or casual player.
Styx
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Return to Gameplay Guides