OriginsRO / Classic-only Database

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

OriginsRO / Classic-only Database

Postby zatiel » 2018-09-07 09:03 (Friday)

Hi i was wondering if anyone knew a tool or way to search classic-only items? Similar to ratemyserver.net, but limited to whatever's on the server only. I'm just wondering because I want to know specific locations of monsters, and a few items may not be available (e.g. guns for gunslinger - which ones are ready?)
zatiel
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Re: OriginsRO / Classic-only Database

Postby zed638 » 2018-09-07 09:16 (Friday)

Hey!

For the placement of mobs, our Control Panel is probably the best place to refer to. Apart from the mobs that were added the day before yesterday, it's got everything else. Same goes for the equips.

Maybe give it a few days and the mods will update the database and mob/item info on our control panel.  (/ok)

Visit the Control Panel here: cp.originsro.org

Hope this helps.
Main char: Bacon and other Bacon-based dishes
zed638
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Lios » 2018-09-07 14:27 (Friday)

oRo control panel and oRo wiki is the primary source of item/mob/npc info - before the patch it was pretty consistent and reliable.
After the patch cp is inconsistent. I think devs know about this issue (i hope so) and I believe we should wait a bit for them to fix it.

I used the navigator functionality to see the new map spawns.

> classic-only items
rms is universal db for re/classic. Why would you want to divide items into classic/non-classic in oRo, should it also divide items by episodes?
Lios
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby zatiel » 2018-09-10 08:44 (Monday)

i meant more of being able to see a clear database for what's in-game for OriginsRO already. I'm aware of the wiki and control panel, but those still show items which are not yet available (e.g. before gunslingers were even available, the database already had guns - another example: there's a gun that's only available from a monster in a dungeon that doesn't exist yet in oRO, but is present in the database). All in all it's just a bit confusing for a relative-newbie/returnee to plan ahead (i.e. I might end up planning for some gear that doesn't even exist)
zatiel
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby joko013 » 2018-09-10 10:08 (Monday)

zatiel wrote:... All in all it's just a bit confusing for a relative-newbie/returnee to plan ahead (i.e. I might end up planning for some gear that doesn't even exist)

It's not confusing just for you - I would call myself a RO veteran with a lot of game knowledge but I struggle sometimes to find the correct item/drop/mob/location here as well. There simply is no one designated db that would help you find what you are looking for without mistakes.

I guess you can @whodrops, @whereis, @mi in game but that is so tedious to do for every little thing you try to search.
joko013
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Mathy » 2018-09-10 16:23 (Monday)

zatiel wrote:i meant more of being able to see a clear database for what's in-game for OriginsRO already. I'm aware of the wiki and control panel, but those still show items which are not yet available (e.g. before gunslingers were even available, the database already had guns - another example: there's a gun that's only available from a monster in a dungeon that doesn't exist yet in oRO, but is present in the database). All in all it's just a bit confusing for a relative-newbie/returnee to plan ahead (i.e. I might end up planning for some gear that doesn't even exist)

It may be present in the database, but if you check who drops it, you'll see that it's either no monster, or a monster that doesn't spawn.

If you are planning a build for the long term, you can also ask the veterans in our community.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Return to General Chat