The Necessity of Adding Transcendent Classes

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Re: The Necessity of Adding Transcendent Classes

Postby Chocolade » 2018-05-16 11:12 (Wednesday)

At first - I'd like to say, that an active social media (discord/forum) is a sign for an active and growing community... so every single discussion or at least a screenshot of the poring Card someone just found is a step into the right direction.. so I can't see the need of people like Andis with his "My mom says I'm Special and I want to have my 150'th post in a serious Suggestion" bla bla.
I really like trolling but thats lame  (/bo)

Furthermore the post of Insomnia was very informative for a Newcomer (about 3months) on oRo like me and I see his point. Since I'm really interested in playing on oRo for along time, I agree with him, that there should be an announcement of the staff in near future when they are going to plan to implement trans class. 5x rates are low.. of course... but it doesn't take Long to get Chars to 99 with active partying.. and I could imagine... after maxing all your chars, trying to get a + 9 Hood and waiting for the next Satuarday to kick asses in woe..  that it starts to get boring. Moreover there are ppl... who doesn't want to Play woe at all (wtf?) .. So new Dungeons, new Gear.. new challenges are unavoidable. Imagine.. how much People have to, when they have to Level all they 99 class all over again.. hunting and upgrading completely new Eq .. since some of you know.. Muffler will not be the best Garment in ro forever  (/??) .

Even though non trans woe sounds like fun.. the more sophisticated woe is trans woe imo.. which makes more fun as a conclusion. Anyway, for those who want to non trans woe.. as already suggested.. there could be a vanilly woe for those wo do not want to leave their old beloved and handsome non trans classes.

I know! That the owner of the Server makes the decisions.. so no Need of telling me or someone "accept it or quit mimimi you r not allowed to say ur opinion mimi" .. but anyway.. I'd like to see an announcement of what will happenes with the Server.  (/lv)
I R AWSM and I like nudes  (/lv)

Chars:
- Bard: <3Chocolade<3
- Crusi: GC IS OVERPOWERED
- Priest: HEAL IS OVERRATED
- Monk: I AM RANDY
- Wizz: FAST CAST SG
(/lv)
Chocolade
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Franky4Fingers » 2018-05-16 12:09 (Wednesday)

What people need to understand is that there is a limit to the content. Trans will come out, and we will hit a point where there will be no further updates. The staff team isnt gonna go through with Renewal or 3rd class and isn't gonna make stuff up either.

RO is one of these games where you create your own content. We all want trans to come, rather sooner than later but it comes when it comes. Until then create your own content, or play another game if you're bored with the current content  :D
Franky4Fingers - Farmer Rogue
F4F - Hybrid Sin
Franky4Fingers
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Postby IceCreamBrainz » 2018-05-16 20:51 (Wednesday)

Berry wrote:As much as I'd love to see the release of rebirth before I have grandchildren, that's simply not how things work here.

We (I) have been asking for rebirth for years now. There's only one big difference now compared to the last time we had people ask for rebirth, and that's that the newcomers are also asking for it. The other times, a vocal minority of new players argued against rebirth because they wanted to catch up. Now it's the new players who want rebirth to happen. The logical thing to do when both veterans and newbies want rebirth, which is a feature promised (at some point) by the server in the first place, would be to release it, no?

Though at this point people have asked for rebirth and been shut down by staff so many times I wouldn't expect much if I were you. I know I'm not, at least.

Funny thing, I decided to come lurk here out of curiosity after god knows how long and the first thing I see is this thread. Its been 5/6 years since Trans was advertised but it not being released yet should not be a surprise anymore.
Also surprised to see that you are still here Berry ... you're probably the only person in this thread that I could recognize from back in the day (/gawi)

Regarding grandchildren & rebirth, I guess that means you will hopefully be dealing with some form of birth either way, regardless of which of those two come first. Probably a silver lining there somewhere... (/hmm)
IceCreamBrainz
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Insomnia » 2018-05-17 01:42 (Thursday)

Franky4Fingers wrote:What people need to understand is that there is a limit to the content. Trans will come out, and we will hit a point where there will be no further updates. The staff team isnt gonna go through with Renewal or 3rd class and isn't gonna make stuff up either.

There is a limit of official pre-renewal content, but we are still far from it. I think it's more impressive to see everything typed out, so there's a list of everything that's currently missing between trans and renewal off the top of my head, because I think it's easy to forget just how much content is out there. Even if the staff continued rolling out a content update every ~4 months, this server would be receiving content updates for years and years to come. Not to mention the trans update is an update on it's own and no new areas really need to be added. Potentially using up all the content shouldn't be a concern.
  • Lighthalzen town and fields + Homunculus + Bio Lab Dungeon
  • Hugel town and fields + Abyss Lake + Thanatos Tower
  • Rachel town and fields + Ice Dungeon + Rachel Sanctuary
  • Veins town and fields + Thor's Volcano
  • Nameless Island / Cursed Abbey
  • Destruction of Morroc + new fields + Satan Morroc MVP
  • Moscovia town and dungeon
  • Endless Tower, Sealed Shrine + other instances
  • + The long list of stuff pertaining to the New World before renewal hit.
And even then, you could continue to convert renewal content (maps, mobs, items, etc.) into pre-renewal form if it ever came to it (it won't).

We also already have content from after rebirth classes got added: Einbroch and Juperos. It gives the appearance that the staff is actively avoiding it when they just skipped over the rebirth update and went straight to other areas. There's nothing wrong with that, I just think the server would have more success if it labeled itself as a 2-2 only server or if it implemented trans classes before the masses left.
Insomnia
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Mathy » 2018-05-17 03:27 (Thursday)

Trans is coming. We can't start labeling ourselves a classic server, since we won't be pre-trans forever.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Chocolade » 2018-05-17 06:14 (Thursday)

Mathy wrote:Trans is coming. We can't start labeling ourselves a classic server, since we won't be pre-trans forever.

a Statement  (/lv) !
I R AWSM and I like nudes  (/lv)

Chars:
- Bard: <3Chocolade<3
- Crusi: GC IS OVERPOWERED
- Priest: HEAL IS OVERRATED
- Monk: I AM RANDY
- Wizz: FAST CAST SG
(/lv)
Chocolade
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Lios » 2018-05-17 13:51 (Thursday)

Mathy wrote:Trans is coming. We can't start labeling ourselves a classic server, since we won't be pre-trans forever.

Brace yourself, winter trans is coming!
Lios
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Kurth » 2018-05-19 10:16 (Saturday)

I really hope it's soon. I've been having a lot of fun, but I'm reaching the point where me and my friends are having less fun due to lack of progression. Multiple characters have a limit. I need that sweet rebirth feeling and I really miss some areas a lot.

I think it would help our retention and other players' to know an estimate date for Trans, even if it's not a strict one. That way, people would come to start levelling and some others, like my friends and I, wouldn't leave because "we don't know when that will happen".
Kurth
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby letaftw » 2018-05-23 02:03 (Wednesday)

I don't necessarily agree with OP but he does have a lot of valid points.

Not really that excited for trans since I'm still enjoying the nostalgic feel but I would welcome it also. Devs are doing a good job!
Vomit | Hemorrhoids | Herpes | Gangrene
letaftw
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby otaku131 » 2018-06-19 19:01 (Tuesday)

Im new on the server, come here with some friends and i have to say, rates, pre-renewal, small ping  old episodes everything is perfect but playing without trans class is a little boring :< Trans gives a lot of options, most pve and pvp builds are from trans classes. For now it's fun to play, but... gonna be boring soon... At least you could add SL and SG...
otaku131
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat