The Necessity of Adding Transcendent Classes

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Re: The Necessity of Adding Transcendent Classes

Postby WindStruck » 2018-08-09 05:28 (Thursday)

Adding trans is not necessary.

But what is necessary is for the server to either be trans now/soon, or just never do it. The server is stuck in limbo.

Even then, it's still not going to be that simple.  Small servers have an extremely hard time maintaining players.  They want the perfectly balanced woe experience, and yet also want a very good chance to win always, and it's never going to happen.
Characters: show
Jahstis: dueling crusader
Mordenkainen: forging blacksmith
Isaera: AoE wizard
WindStruck
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby zed638 » 2018-08-09 09:26 (Thursday)

WindStruck wrote:
But what is necessary is for the server to either be trans now/soon, or just never do it. The server is stuck in limbo.

Why would you think it's stuck in limbo? The GMs have always said Trans will be introduced. In fact, people are preparing for it more completely these days than a few months ago.
Main char: Bacon and other Bacon-based dishes
zed638
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Kreuzbube » 2018-08-09 14:38 (Thursday)

zed638 wrote:Why would you think it's stuck in limbo? The GMs have always said Trans will be introduced. In fact, people are preparing for it more completely these days than a few months ago.

Exactly, Rebirth will come eventually, there is no way around it.
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Stapo
Stapo

Postby letaftw » 2018-08-10 02:36 (Friday)

Which will come first though? Origins Trans or HL3?

/jk

Good job devs. I actually enjoy solo levelling casually while waiting for trans.
Vomit | Hemorrhoids | Herpes | Gangrene
letaftw
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby WindStruck » 2018-08-10 02:50 (Friday)

zed638 wrote:
WindStruck wrote:

Why would you think it's stuck in limbo? The GMs have always said Trans will be introduced. In fact, people are preparing for it more completely these days than a few months ago.

Because there's two main camps you can divide players into. The first want to play trans, and trans isn't here, so they will not play the server. The second want to stay classic only without trans, and the idea of adding trans also deters them from playing. And then there's a very small group that has stuck around that doesn't really care one way or the other.

If we would just pick one or the other already without this Coming Soon™ waiting game, the server would already have massively improved numbers. If they were just going to keep the server as is with no other significant updates, it's understandable and perfectly fine if they seem AWOL or not seeming to do much. But if they promise something will happen down the road, and they keep dragging their feet, and the waiting stretches on for years? Aside from the state of the server not satisfying a huge chunk of players in the world, there is just a huge problem with staff activity being exposed by the sluggish updates. I even remember a couple years ago the Christmas spawns were still ongoing well into June. The inactivity, lack of communication, and slow updates really does not put the staff here in a positive light.
Characters: show
Jahstis: dueling crusader
Mordenkainen: forging blacksmith
Isaera: AoE wizard
WindStruck
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby zatiel » 2018-08-10 06:09 (Friday)

Personally I joined to stay in the classic (w/o trans) phase, since I'm a casual returning/newbie again and my impression of trans last time was a bit negative. If trans comes I'll probably quit~ Just my vote!
zatiel
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby neethree » 2018-08-10 12:28 (Friday)

What about making two servers, one for classic and one for trans?
neethree
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Kirchen » 2018-08-10 15:54 (Friday)

zatiel wrote:Personally I joined to stay in the classic (w/o trans) phase, since I'm a casual returning/newbie again and my impression of trans last time was a bit negative. If trans comes I'll probably quit~ Just my vote!

what exactly has been negativ experience for u?
Are u aware that trans actually provides more content, more dynamic, better mvp and more competetiv mvp scene and a better woe ?
As long as u dont advance to episode 13 gear ? How long have u played trans?

Trans itself  wont change much to your game experience btw, orc lord gets EQ in episode 11, but thats it.
Pre trans stuff will still be the same.
Kirchen
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

Postby Mathy » 2018-08-10 16:35 (Friday)

neethree wrote:What about making two servers, one for classic and one for trans?

Portions of that idea are being taken into account, but we refuse to split the server.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Kirchen » 2018-08-11 07:56 (Saturday)

Mathy wrote:
neethree wrote:What about making two servers, one for classic and one for trans?

Portions of that idea are being taken into account, but we refuse to split the server.

You could just copy the existing acc, and add that as second server and progress it into trans.
But then again, we already have such a low popoulation, I dont think spliting it is a wise idea. I agree
Kirchen
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat