The Necessity of Adding Transcendent Classes

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Re: The Necessity of Adding Transcendent Classes

Postby rokuren » 2018-07-05 22:26 (Thursday)

Bring transclass so that I can start donating, motivation will follow  :mrgreen:

More seriously, the active woe base is keeping the server active but it's hard to find motivation to play during the week and as a consequence we lose guilds one after the other...
rokuren
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Konrawr » 2018-07-06 08:17 (Friday)

Mathy wrote:I seriously can't believe that you are flinging dirt at us because of a changelog pertaining to an unexpected maintenance that we had to hurry to fix wasn't available within the time frame you deem appropriate. Honestly, this kind of tone you are coming at us with does not help us keep our motivation up.

-- OUT OF  TOPIC --

Totally of topic but : You are wrong.

I'd take it personally because I'm the one making you my feedback discord about communication issues. Feedback doesn't mean positive only feedback.
The point isn't the way you take an unexpected hardware/provider crash to add or correct features : this move was pretty clever.
The point is we lack of communication from the staff. We know you did it on your free time, but from a way or another sometime it's good to have YOUR feedback.

Here some example to improve communication from my random player position :
- Try to answer to all technical issues on Forum (at least "Hi thanks for open this topic I will check some way to help you" sometime people don't even know if you read them). Hopefully oRO community always help each other but sometime it's out of your level of comprehension.
- Globaly make this forum more lively interesting.
- Make a monthly news/dev talk (AMA? "When rebirth come?" Lul) "Hi we work on this features and this one, we check this content, your opinions on last gitlab tickets, blablabla..." I don't specially want ETA I want news/feedback from you and sometime teaser on what will come this year.
- Have feedback from Council Member too on what they are allowed to talk, etc...
- We don't even have an active war room anymore, but it was nice to read and see that WoE guilds/scenes is active...

The least I can say is I love this server that you (staff) created, otherwise I don't got any interest to involve myself in forum/discord/gitlab/whatever. And from what I see I'm not the only one so if you know a way to improve players feedback we're open to suggestions too.

-- BACK TO QQ ABOUT NO RB YET --
Konrawr
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Kirchen » 2018-07-06 11:34 (Friday)

getting some sort of a community manager would be good. And some sort of GM for grfs and other stuff.

Its realy getting heavy with the queue time for the grfs. I am waiting since 2 months.

Overall we lack transperanty for the players, none knows what the fuck haru is doing, and why everything takes years. I mean a simple grf approval takes 2 months? Are u serious?
Also the necessity of more castles is urgent and gets completly ignored. Wich will also equal in players leaving, for me it seems like haru doesnt care at all about players needs, and he justs wants to code or smth.
I am doing a better job in advertising this server then any other gm, this random ass rms advertise does nothing. What we need is to show players the acitivity on this server, the well coded features and stuff. I am making woe videos with a awfull grf, wich shows that the server has issues with grf. the newst gitlab posts, wich are highly critical and very needed to be worked on get completly ignored.
We still dont have a new client, we still only have 1 castle, no grf approval nothing. The Traps, wich are still (in my opinion not working correctly because its PT) took 2 months to be added, when they are simply changed within 10 minutes and can be easly applied.

But yet again, gms are wasting time with useless costume headgears wich are total trash anyway because u cannot wear them in woe and they still have class restrictions.
Kirchen
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

Postby Mudkip » 2018-07-07 11:05 (Saturday)

Konrawr wrote:
Mathy wrote:I seriously can't believe that you are flinging dirt at us because of a changelog pertaining to an unexpected maintenance that we had to hurry to fix wasn't available within the time frame you deem appropriate. Honestly, this kind of tone you are coming at us with does not help us keep our motivation up.

-- OUT OF  TOPIC --

Totally of topic but : You are wrong.

I'd take it personally because I'm the one making you my feedback discord about communication issues. Feedback doesn't mean positive only feedback.
The point isn't the way you take an unexpected hardware/provider crash to add or correct features : this move was pretty clever.
The point is we lack of communication from the staff. We know you did it on your free time, but from a way or another sometime it's good to have YOUR feedback.

Here some example to improve communication from my random player position :
- Try to answer to all technical issues on Forum (at least "Hi thanks for open this topic I will check some way to help you" sometime people don't even know if you read them). Hopefully oRO community always help each other but sometime it's out of your level of comprehension.
- Globaly make this forum more lively interesting.
- Make a monthly news/dev talk (AMA? "When rebirth come?" Lul) "Hi we work on this features and this one, we check this content, your opinions on last gitlab tickets, blablabla..." I don't specially want ETA I want news/feedback from you and sometime teaser on what will come this year.
- Have feedback from Council Member too on what they are allowed to talk, etc...
- We don't even have an active war room anymore, but it was nice to read and see that WoE guilds/scenes is active...

The least I can say is I love this server that you (staff) created, otherwise I don't got any interest to involve myself in forum/discord/gitlab/whatever. And from what I see I'm not the only one so if you know a way to improve players feedback we're open to suggestions too.

-- BACK TO QQ ABOUT NO RB YET --

I do not want to add fuel to the fire but this player clearly nailed it.

-> To the staff:  you're doing an amazing work on this pserv, you should just take some time to listen to suggestions/feedbacks and sometimes explain us on what you're actually working. Keep rockin'!  (/gawi)
/HS
Mudkip
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Zenr » 2018-07-07 21:25 (Saturday)

Do you really expect a for non-profit server GM staff to act the same as a for-profit server GM staff?

I'm one of those players with bad relationship with the GM team as of now, but even I can see that we are in no position of demanding anything. We can ask nicely, tho.
Zenr
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Konrawr » 2018-07-09 14:45 (Monday)

@Zenr :I hope I misunderstand, but did you think communication between staff and players is a "premium service"? (/hmm)

If you play here, as other players, the fact that Haru stand up the server on his own is particularly enjoyable because there is no cash shop or other shit you could see on other Ragnarok Server, even officials. From what I know about Haru, something like : nothing at all but it's the way I idealize him/her (/lv), you will never see something like "broken" cash shop here.

It just seems that communication/dialogue between staff and players is broken. Actually it's frustrating to give opinions without feedback from staff too. Even if in the end Haru got the last word sometimes it's just constructive to talk together. Sometime as a player who spend time here I just want to know more about staff. What they are working on, what make them have butterfly in their stomach (literal translation from French don't blame me). IMO it's just the next step of the relationship between us.

This is what I read about council member :
Finally, please note that Player Council members are not staff, and will not be granted privileged information in such meetings. They are pivotal in improving communication between staff and players, bringing your demands closer to us, and making our intentions clearer to you.

Maybe they need to be more highlighted because actually I don't know if I'm too casual to notice it, but I feel like even relation between Council members and Staff is so one-sided.

I know forum is pretty dead actually, but for some topics it's good to mark your word on something else than a chat and fact that nobody from the VIP crowd of oRO (Staff member or Council member) answer since my last post make me more confident about it.
Konrawr
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Mathy » 2018-07-09 15:23 (Monday)

I do read everything outside the Trade and Guild sections. But I do avoid answering in the name of the staff before thoroughly discussing it with others.

In general, I just drop by to share my opinion, and when my opinion on something is obvious or indifferent, I prefer not to say anything at all.

We went through some support tickets last night. Sadly, our schedules do not allow us to do much during weekdays, leaving only our weekends to reply to such requests.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Zerpy » 2018-07-15 13:13 (Sunday)

im also quite new to the server and i pretty much stopped playing a few months ago, cause rogues with no preserve is simply no fun. i still take a sneak peek now and then though.

im not even sure where to begin with this pointless rant. of course we cant really complain since the server is run for free and the devs work full time jobs. and at the end of the day it doesnt matter since its just a game and i dont really play it as much as i used to before anyways.

i wish we could atleast get an update on how far they're. like... is it even implemented on the test servers? did you even begin to work on it? "its coming" doesnt cut it tbh. we already got 1~2 patches that came after trans and i honestly dont believe that its coming this year too. i dont mean any offense to our devs. they do a great job and i appreciate it, but how is it possible that rebirth was promised years ago and here we are with no rebirth and the usual "its coming guys!".

seems like we're all chasing the carrot on a stick.
Zerpy
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Mathy » 2018-07-15 14:53 (Sunday)

"It's coming" simply means that it is still in the plans, as it has always been. It does not imply that it is coming soon.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Kirchen » 2018-07-16 14:41 (Monday)

shity getting boring already :( I have everything i need, some things even tripple or quadripple the amount.
And ive only been playing here for 3 months. I see why there are not much parties or active besides woe.

But yeah. i guess ill just afk for like 6 - 12 months soon and wait for trans and only log in for sunday 1h
Kirchen
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat