Would you donate to OriginsRO?

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

How much would you donate to OriginsRO?

I'd donate more than 14.00 USD
40%
I'd donate, but at most 14.00 USD
38%
I wouldn't donate at all
22%

Total votes : 85

Re: Would you donate to OriginsRO?

Postby Michugo » 2018-04-27 12:20 (Friday)

kocoro wrote:^ Don't listen to him, he has problems. We're workin' on him.

This place seems nice, and you're gonna have a rush of new players coming in now iRO is dead. If you set up a patreon, me and a fair number of my guildies would probably throw in $5 a month, with no obligation or expectations of anything in return.

Yup, She is right!!!
Michugo
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Kirchen » 2018-04-28 06:12 (Saturday)

would probably throw in $5 a month, with no obligation or expectations of anything in return. same
Kirchen
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

Postby Kirchen » 2018-04-28 16:51 (Saturday)

And other question, ddos protection can be quite expensive, if we keep growing and get alot iro players.. we may become a target. and servers like talonro, novaro etc start to ddos us. we could use the money from donation for better protection
Kirchen
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

Postby Distilled » 2018-05-01 13:20 (Tuesday)

Kirchen wrote:And other question, ddos protection can be quite expensive, if we keep growing and get alot iro players.. we may become a target. and servers like talonro, novaro etc start to ddos us. we could use the money from donation for better protection

I like the way you think, Kirchen. I think you're right. I can foresee someone from one of the many pay to win servers with cash shops and donation rewards getting jealous of OriginsRO's future popularity and doing something like a DDOS against OriginsRO.
Such a person could get very salty after realizing that less and less players are deciding to play on their server which they've invested so much money into.
Distilled
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Insomnia » 2018-05-01 23:08 (Tuesday)

I thought OriginsRO was hosted through OVH's datacenter in France? OVH has pretty good DDoS protection that comes standard. I don't think the increase in population or upset players would warrant increased funding for DDoS protection.

Nonetheless, I'd donate a small amount to show appreciation for keeping the server online despite the population fluctuations.
Insomnia
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby wickedsick » 2018-05-18 04:00 (Friday)

I would donate $5 for now. Will increase it once I graduate and get my first job
wickedsick
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Chocolade » 2018-05-18 09:02 (Friday)

I got a nice cashback from Idle Poring, since they were closing the european Server  (/lv)  so yea - I'd donate something. And totally agree to the Terms that nobody will get something for it.  (/ok)
I R AWSM and I like nudes  (/lv)

Chars:
- Bard: <3Chocolade<3
- Crusi: GC IS OVERPOWERED
- Priest: HEAL IS OVERRATED
- Monk: I AM RANDY
- Wizz: FAST CAST SG
(/lv)
Chocolade
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Kurth » 2018-05-19 10:39 (Saturday)

I'd donate if Rebirth is implemented before I get tired of waiting, and something along the lines of $10 or more if I really enjoy the server by then.
Kurth
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Previous

Return to General Chat