How to view chat logs?Possible/Not possible?

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

How to view chat logs?Possible/Not possible?

Postby JUSTyami » 2019-05-15 07:53 (Wednesday)

I would like to regain access to a conversation, which toke place not long ago(on #main). Is there a way?
JUSTyami
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Re: How to view chat logs?Possible/Not possible?

Postby Mathy » 2019-05-15 15:33 (Wednesday)

It's only possible for you if you saved it.

We do have logs, so if you give us an exact time window, and a good reason, we can recover it for you.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby JUSTyami » 2019-05-15 19:44 (Wednesday)

Mathy wrote:It's only possible for you if you saved it.

We do have logs, so if you give us an exact time window, and a good reason, we can recover it for you.

I would like to request, that #main chat logs be recovered, of what chat toke place in 15/05/2019 between the time.. 4:27 to 4:37.

The reason for my request, is that somewhere yesterday before 4:37, there were players who made extremely racist comments towards white people. There were for example people claiming, that a white person having a baby with another white person, is considered inbreeding and even incest. It was also said that whites dont exist(or something along those lines), and that whites have no culture. More was said within those lines.

I wish to recover those chat logs, so that i may have them as evidence, to then plea for justice against those players, for their racism towards whites.
JUSTyami
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby JUSTyami » 2019-05-16 19:09 (Thursday)

I have given you what you said was necessary, for me to make a request for the logs in question to be recovered. I made the request, but i have yet to receive a response, wether negative or positive. I dont mean to be to hasty, but arnt the logs in question going to become lost, if to much time goes by?
JUSTyami
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Return to General Chat