Kafra Headband Quest Guide {WIP}

Have you seen suspicious NPC's in town? Do you have information other's don't and want to share it? This is the place for any in game rumors about things you havn't seen before in guides or elsewhere.
Forum rules
As the title says, this board contains rumors and unofficial information and is not controlled by the GM team, and is meant for people to share their rumors and unofficial details about undocumented NPCs or other things that may appear in game every now and then.

Re: Kafra Headband Quest Guide {WIP}

Postby Mathy » May 24th, 2017, 7:00 pm

This situation is temporary, though. You should be able to kill it in a party, and have everyone who was in the party and saw the mob die receive the kill count, similar to the Repeatable EXP Quests.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Vlin » May 24th, 2017, 7:49 pm

KerryL wrote:I have never tried Outlaw, but is it possible for a priest to do it?

Please let us know, so I can decide whether to continue using my priest for quest, or other class.

It may be relatively easy for you to kill the outlaw in town, but there is a part of the quest that requires you to kill an outlaw in a secret hideout in the second floor of Ayothaya dungeon, so it may be harder to do there without bragi. If you have a phen clip and potions though, you should be fine.
Vlin
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Kreuzbube » May 24th, 2017, 10:02 pm

Vlin wrote:
KerryL wrote:I have never tried Outlaw, but is it possible for a priest to do it?

Please let us know, so I can decide whether to continue using my priest for quest, or other class.

It may be relatively easy for you to kill the outlaw in town, but there is a part of the quest that requires you to kill an outlaw in a secret hideout in the second floor of Ayothaya dungeon, so it may be harder to do there without bragi. If you have a phen clip and potions though, you should be fine.

This part is doable in a party, everyone that has the same quest progress as you, will be able to join you in that room and it will count for them as completed as well.
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Stapo
Stapo

Postby Miso » May 26th, 2017, 10:06 am

So, after taking some time and reevaluating the quest lines, here's some proper feedback that isn't phrased like an angry rant.

Missing Book Quest

The most frustrating parts here were:
  • The "upstairs" answer. As far as I can remember, the question is (paraphrasing here, doing it out of memory) "Where can I find people responsible for hiring and books?".
    I am not sure that "upstairs" was ever highlighted blue like the other keywords were. Had to find out the answer by asking other people.
  • The grumpy old man in Lutie. There was no way knowing whether I am doing the right thing or just wasting time. It felt frustrating, random and just made me spam the portal and the answers.
    I feel like a way of tracking progress by either using the window to gauge the old mans situation ( "He feels annoyed", "He feels frustrated", "He gave up on life because you annoyed him so much, good job! )
    or better highlighting that you're doing the right thing by talking to him.

What I did like:
  • The old lady with her hearing disability. This was done in such a way that you could easily deduct how to change your answer. Made me feel smart.

Botany Quest

The frustrating part:
  • If you fail, you fail hard. You get nothing. Nada. This felt more frustrating. Maybe just give us some Fly Wings that were caught in the parts, so that we can look for the parts faster.

The good parts:
  • The way the story was told made it easy to locate every NPC involved.

Kafra Headband Quest

What sucked:

• The bandits. I did the questline as a priest. Goddamn, give us a way to kill them. Make them undead. Make them friendly when we Cure them. There are ways to incorperate ways to allow support players to finish the quest. Maybe just give priests a different objective.
  • The Yggdrasil part. You can't abuse a sacred tree to transport shitty people across. Use a Ley-Line network, use Magic, but don't use the goddamn source of all life.

What I felt was awesome:
  • The typing part. Challenging, random and really, really hard. Loved this. (This part might be hard if you're physically disabled, but theres always guest access)
  • The Kafra Miniquests, all up to the bandit part, were really well done!

Overall, I loved that the questlines, especially the kafra ones, added more exposition to the world and allowed to setup more stories across the world. Well done! Also, the writing was great (Except the yggdrasil part, seriously.)
Miso
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby KerryL » May 27th, 2017, 9:46 am

The tech Norman Buenting keeps telling me to get new coffee. No green text or anything as clue... where to get coffee?  :?
KerryL
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Vlin » May 27th, 2017, 11:58 am

KerryL wrote:The tech Norman Buenting keeps telling me to get new coffee. No green text or anything as clue... where to get coffee?  :?

On the table next to him. Did you click it already?
Vlin
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby KerryL » May 27th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Vlin wrote:
KerryL wrote:The tech Norman Buenting keeps telling me to get new coffee. No green text or anything as clue... where to get coffee?  :?

On the table next to him. Did you click it already?

Oooooooohhh...... Thanks!

The dialogue is a bit unsettling though, "every detail of information. We know what you look like naked."  (/heh)
KerryL
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby KerryL » May 28th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Finally completed !

Thank you to Vlin & Miso, won't be able to figure out some parts without the guides.

Quest is long, but quite interesting and brought me around to explore, and the reward is satisfying. Of course some parts are annoying and hard to do, but that is the point of quest. I had to ask my sis to help me with the typing part :oops:

Great storyline, nice NPC dialogues. Well done.
KerryL
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby acase0524 » June 29th, 2017, 2:40 am

Can someone post the rest of the quest? I am having trouble figuring out what I am supposed to do in the Ayothaya part of the dungeon?
acase0524
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby KerryL » July 3rd, 2017, 12:46 pm

acase0524 wrote:I am having trouble figuring out what I am supposed to do in the Ayothaya part of the dungeon?

Go to the main shrine on top centre of the map, click the shrine. You will be warped into a secret room, talk talk talk talk, then kill an outlaw, you will then be warped out to Comodo.

It has been a while, I might be wrong, don't sue, but that's a little of what I remember.
KerryL
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Previous

Return to Rumors