Christmas event 2016 by Vlin

Have you seen suspicious NPC's in town? Do you have information other's don't and want to share it? This is the place for any in game rumors about things you havn't seen before in guides or elsewhere.
Forum rules
As the title says, this board contains rumors and unofficial information and is not controlled by the GM team, and is meant for people to share their rumors and unofficial details about undocumented NPCs or other things that may appear in game every now and then.

Re: Christmas event 2016 by Vlin

Postby Jackson » January 9th, 2017, 9:39 am

Necklace[0] Image and Earring [0] Image.
Could be better, could be worse I guess. Even though I was a little bit too excited, when I saw the un-identified Necklace.

Spank you berry much for making this nice Season-Quest!
Jackson
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Juilin » January 10th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Well, I got a Skull Ring and one Belt [1]. That's a lot worse! Did the quest 3 times.
Juilin
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby KerryL » January 11th, 2017, 12:12 pm

Slotted necklace & a thimble  :D  :D  :D
I am happy, can you tell?

And I noticed the CP updates, it is nice  (/no1)
KerryL
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Styx » January 26th, 2017, 2:53 am

Kreuzbube wrote:You can't sell this version of OCA via vend.
It is labeled as potentially broken by the quests lore.
If you get the Xmas2016 Quest OCA Santa will tell you this:
Santa wrote:Oh, you're quite lucky, you get an extra reward as well.
This is something my elf interns have been working on.
I hope it works as advertised!

This already kind of tells you that there's a twist to it.

Also Santa is making you get gifts back from Antonio, Antonio could have just modified them,
he's in fact reusing those gifts.
It wouldn't be weird if he'd accidentaly give you a defect Old Card Album in that matter.

20 Gift Boxes or 10 OBBs are too high rewards, they raise inflation heavily.

Sorry, I didn't consider bothering with this quest while I in common prefer doing quests above regular gameplay. It looks like it is smarter to sell the required items to NPC for hard cash instead of wasting them for some reward that easy might be just crap. The rewards are a tricky part, I don't have a solution but did you consider to give a reasonable non repeatable EXP onetime reward for the first time finishing it? For instance depending on lvl?
Styx
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Jackson » January 26th, 2017, 10:35 am

Even though I already discussed the quality / adequacy of both, the repeatable and the final reward, I'd like to point something out that we are about to oversee while criticizing the rewards:
The Event was meant to draw the community closer, which actually worked out very nicely. People were making guides, did assumptions on the unknown final prizes and pushed themselves and others to do the quest and succeeded as a community. I really appreciate what the developers of oRO came up with. It is now easy to look ungrateful by suggesting subjective and therefore inappropriate rewards.

The prizes of both, repeatable and final rewarding were random to a certain extend, yes. However, that's the nature of Ragnarok and is absolutely fine as everyone had the same chances.

Let's just appreciate the work they did to achieve this higher cause for us.
Thank you oRO staff for putting time and effort into this very neat quest, that everyone was free to do or not.
I actually feel closer to the community now, as we managed to get enough players to be eligable for the final reward, which I was very entertained by as the tension of opening a Jewelry Box is always real.
Jackson
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Previous

Return to Rumors