LOOKING FOR FELLOW SUPER NOVICES

LOOKING FOR FELLOW SUPER NOVICES

Postby Ryuzakarai » 2013-11-16 03:51 (Saturday)

Yo~! I'm looking for other Super Novices. Why? Because I wanna talk with them :o

I'm gonna list a few questions and you guys can respond to them if you'd like. I'm just doing this out of curiosity of who is actually playing a Super Novice not just making one because they can.

1. Why did you choose to be a Super Novice?
-I chose to be a Super Novice because I wanted to be different than other people. (/ok)
-I also think they are pretty fun once you reach max level.

2. As a Super Novice you have a large variety of skills and stat combinations, what is the type you are going for and the build you would use.
-The Stats are 150 or as close to 150DEX you can get, a nice amount of VIT and then stack INT for that oh so precious SP.
-The Skills are (Just gonna list the skills I am mainly going to use) Pneuma, Safety Wall, Improve Concentration, Hiding, Sight, Increase AGI, Blessing and Stone Curse.

3. What made you choose your build?
-Well, because there is no Skill/Stat resetter I had to do some thinking, "Should I make this a hybrid bolter/support?" or "Should I just make this a melee type, but should I go AGI or VIT style? @_@" I finally came to the conclusion of just getting what I wanted to use at max level, so I went Sage Type, I guess it could be called that. It utilizes the Super Novices high DEX, useful support skills and their very high reductions. Yea not entirely like a Sage, in fact only three of these are from the Mage tree.) I think my build needs a new name. (/hmm)

4. If you could pick one skill to get at max level without spending any skill points on it, what would that skill be and why?
-I would have to pick Push Cart level 10, because a cart is AWESOME, you can carry stuff, and a Super Novice cart is kinda cute too!

5. What is your most memorable moment as a Super Novice so far?
-I would have to say when I was walking around the Eddga map, I found him, and died instantly but because I had 99.5% I resurrected instantly and had Steel Body effect on me then tanked him for a bit before I B-winged home.

6. As a Super Novice what is your favorite pet and why? (Regardless of the pet effect)
-Mine would be Baby Desert Wolf, it can pee on people on command!!

So these are a few questions for you guys, if you have any for me just post them here and I'll answer them to the best of my ability!
(/kis)
Ryuzakarai
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: LOOKING FOR FELLOW SUPER NOVICES

Postby Anathan » 2014-07-09 16:39 (Wednesday)

Hi!

i just started to play on this server but unless something unexpected happens i will stay a while.
I do not have a Super Novice yet but i am going to make one so i will try to answer your questions:

1. I had a few Super Novices already and i do not see them as a "serious" class. Meaning you can have a lot fun with them
and they are harder to play then many other classes. But the reason i started one because of something i wanna try out
(You will know what i mean once you read about my build). So to sum it up: i want to make one because it (my build) is not
easy to play, which means it is something special and fun. Oh and something else: it will most likely not be my main character
since i am playing with my friends and want -just like them- have a classic ragnarok class for our partys.

2. I will concentrate on int/agi/dex (in this order). It will be my idea of a support SN, it will have the basic acolyte
support skills as well as provoke, safety wall and to level up Soul Strike. I have started this build on another server
a while back but then i left the server before i got very far, so it will be interesting to find out what it can do.

3. Back on euRO i played priest a lot, it was my main. After that i made several (sometimes very odd) Priest builds
and i can say i am a Priest expert. So how can i top this? there is no better way then to try to play support with a class
that lacks a big SP pool and is just very different, but FUN.

4. If you mean that i also do not have to put any points in the skills needed to get that skill then it would be Soul Strike.
I just dun wanna put points into Napalm beat (/sob)

5. I think it was the time when i had a Super Novice guild on euRO. I had a lot of fun with the other SN peeps of our guild.
Just seeing others watching us in a dungeon was a blast (/ok)

6. uhm. I do not really know. I do not play with pets all that much. - Always scared they run away -

Now some Questions for you:

1. If/Once you max out your SN, do you plan a second one? And if yes: will it be a mage type again or something different?

2. I personally think it would be cool to have bow SNs. What do you think about it?

3. (roughly) How Many skill Points would you need to get every skill you personally would love to have in your build?
Anathan
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby heptan » 2014-07-21 11:28 (Monday)

Hi, I'm just created a SN a few days ago, along with an SN exclusive guild, merely to appeal our desire for have fun! (together)
I started with two fellow super novices, but now, we can count up to six members in our guild's ranks.

@Ryuzakarai
- Super flee
- Super cute

- AGI / STR / DEX (in this order)
- just the usual melee SN skills: DA, flee, imp. conc, pneuma, mammo, but i'm not sure about agi up and bless... I may choose pushcart instead of these, because I could have a SN cart and rely on support novices or dual acc my priestess for buffing.

- My desire for a high flee char was so damn high. Besides I calculated and realised that achieving an instacast SN currently (without the +10 stats for not dying) is unreachable, and one of my mate had choose that already, the other said he will be a supporter, so I picked the "tank" role. Hmm, maybe later, if I will have too much free time in my hands, I will make a caster type.

- Obviously Pushcart lvl 10.

- When we changed into SNs with my friend. Here is a picture of us: (/no1)

- I never had any pet. ._.

@Anathan (okay, maybe these questions aren't for me, but I answer them anyway :D)
- As I stated before, maybe, if I have enough time. A mage type.

- I too personally think it would be cool to have bow SNs! Just try to imagine a DS-Bolter hybrid DEX-INT type (/gg) (idk if it would be useful at all, but sound great to me :) )

- Around 140-150.
HUNterrify - hunter for
Spoiler: show
the title "main char"

Heptan - ganker rogue for
fun

FSage - Endower, SW sage for
everyone

Have a nice day! ^.^
heptan
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Anathan » 2014-07-28 06:29 (Monday)

Hi Heptan!

i am in your guild too! I am Sophitia (/bo)

It's good this thread is not dead yet. SN ftw !
Anathan
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby HTPark » 2015-07-01 05:22 (Wednesday)

- Because I wanted a challenge. Turns out that trying to reach level 99 with just a thousand HP is a pretty good challenge indeed.

2. As a Super Novice you have a large variety of skills and stat combinations, what is the type you are going for and the build you would use.
- A mobile farmer and mercenary. Melee guy with a few utility tricks and some merchant skills. AGI STR for combat prowess.

- I wanted to be a self-sustaining guy who can solo monsters and support his own financially. A Super Novice who doesn't need to trouble anybody by asking for help all the time, and can help others by hunting stuff for them along the way. So far, it's working quite well for everybody.

4. If you could pick one skill to get at max level without spending any skill points on it, what would that skill be and why?
- Vending. (/heh)

- Gee, it's a triple tie. One, getting married to Cranberry and having a son (Vlon) right there on the church floor. Two, the first time I survived soloing five Cruisers in Toy Factory while "Blaze of Glory" was playing on my music player. And the third one? Taming an Alice for the first and only time, first try, no HP reduction, and with minimal LUK (Shisus was there and saw the exact moment :lol: ).

6. As a Super Novice what is your favorite pet and why? (Regardless of the pet effect)
- I wanted to say Shinobi, but we don't have it here. But anyway, I'd settle for Alice. Gotta keep my surroundings clean somehow!
FARMING MUSIC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiiPsLmjuRw

Bon Jovi, Super Novice. (/gawi)
HTPark
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Tricky » 2019-08-18 21:38 (Sunday)

I came across this old but cute topic and wanted to reply. Necroposting rules don't really apply here IMHO because there was never any 'relevance' for this topic to 'fall out of' (per the red warning text above the post I'm writing presently). It's just a fun little topic, no harm done.

I've been catching up on a lot of Netflix lately. I need something to play in the background. Obviously my attention span while watching TV simultaneously isn't as such that I can use lots of active skills. The Super Novice is the only class that will let me build a character entirely out of passive skills. That works for me!

Pretty basic vit/str/dex.

Survivability. I'm gonna miss stuff while watching TV for sure.

I dream of Faith, but Renewal is already broken as shit so that's not gonna happen. Maybe increase weight limit? I don't really need the little cart.

I think I'd just talk about memorable moments watching Netflix, so I'm gonna pass. :D

Interesting question. I like baby desert wolves, but they're a bit noisy. I don't think there is a pet I explicitly like.
Tricky
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Return to Aldebaran Super Novice and Novice Guild