Exorcist Priest, ME or TU?

Discuss about Acolytes and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Exorcist Priest, ME or TU?

Postby Zenr » 2015-09-08 09:11 (Tuesday)

Hello,

I am leveling up an Acolyte as a future exorcist. The initial build was going to be for Magnus Exorcismus (INT & DEX), but I'm wondering, is it worth it? With a calculator, it seems it wouldn't be able to 1 hit KO nightmares, nor even marionettes (which would be the main point of this priest). In addition, this type is a bit hard to play as ME has a huge cast time, stoppable, and safety wall protects only 10 hits.

So I was wondering if it would be wiser to focus on Turn Undead instead, and at least be certaint that I can actually kill something with it.

What do you guys think?
Zenr
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Exorcist Priest, ME or TU?

Postby Blossom » 2015-09-08 18:57 (Tuesday)

You should be able to 1 hit those mobs easily. Calculators don't tend to factor in all the ME waves, just the first. So multiply that number you see by 10. My ME priest for example can kill everything in NIff in 1 ME.
Blossom
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Postby Mathy » 2015-09-08 23:16 (Tuesday)

ME is a lot more fun, TU is (was) good for leeching, and the stat build for that was quite different.
Get 99 dex and an int bonus, your ME shall be fast and powerful enough. You'll need other chars to gear you up, though.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Frevel » 2015-09-08 23:37 (Tuesday)

With the lack of Anubis currently TU is simply not worth it in my opinion. Despite what your calculator says ME is also quite powerful and I can say for sure that nightmares burn rather well and quickly in a ME field. If you count on the first hit of the field to kill everything, then this may indeed prove a bit difficult. Sadly I have no experience myself as a ME priest but I can tell you that it works pretty well in combination with a mobber (especially in Niffelheim).
Frevel
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Return to Prontera Acolyte Guild