Battle priests, unite!

Discuss about Acolytes and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Battle priests, unite!

Postby Shinryu » 2015-07-15 19:41 (Wednesday)

Good evening my fellow battle priests! (if there are any..)

So.. battle priest was always my weakness, not only because of his ability to solo without the need for multi-clienting, the coolness factor of the class (a priest that decided to not be a heal slave and instead bash undead and demon minions with his large hammer... what can be more cool?!) but also for his ability to do surprisingly good DPS. I had several battle priests and battle high priests but never with the same build. Im still yet to find the ideal build, esp. here, without the important things like BSB, RFL etc.. Now when my knight is finished, I have the time to spend on the BP, so lets discuss few options and help me to choose the build for OriginsRO!

We can usually see few builds of battle priest..

SC build

Signum cruicis is one of the best and the most overlooked skills ingame. What it does is simply it halves Hard def of demon and undead mobs on the screen... yes you heard it right, that damn juicy Loli ruri just went from 40 hard def to 20. This allows the whole party to do 20% more physical dmg against it! Isnt that awesome? But lets not stop here. That thing works against MVPs too! So your hunter, crying about the high hard def of Doppel or Drake or Dracula (or Loli ruri or anything else..) wont cry anymore! Instead, he will love you and spam you anytime he will see you online to party up!
Niffleheim is really the best place for the build with SC and the bigger your party is, the more they profit from this skill. For a battle priest, this skill really shines, because it will make your DPS much higher against some mobs and make you very viable member of any niff party.

This build can simply go 1 luk and spend all stat points in agi/str/dex/vit/int.

Crit build
Usual battle priest build.. This build keeps perma Gloria and can reach around 30% crit against most of the monsters. Its also the best build for PvP, because it can pierce the def of players, while debuffing them with LD , DA and others.

Luk is usually between 33+37 and 73+37
Agi and dex are much lower than SC build.

(This build is also surprisingly good emp-breaker! :D )

Tank
This build relies on high vit (base 70-80), str, agi and dex together with maxed angelus. You can see him mobbing for the party or solo killing monsters with high but slow dmg. Its great for WoE, because he can stay on bragi and spam Lex faster than FS priests.. he can also charge into enemy bragi and spam status magnum break with Wrench. I tried this build on a priest and it was.. weird, never liked it much because of the low aspd and flee it had, the DPS was never enough for me. But for people that like to charge into the mob of enemies, it can be fun :)

When PvMing, this build can use Magnum break clip together with sanctuary to kill bigger mobs of monsters. It gets quite long to kill a mob, but will be much faster than 1v1 with so low agi.

Hybrid build
Something between these two, this was my last high priest. You go for some luck (60 total with gloria) and SC in your build.

Hybrid FS

Yeah, some FS priests add few points into agi and str and claim themselves a battle priest! You can do any variation of this and FS build you like.

My current build..

Deciding about hybrid with Gloria and SC with
STR 70+20
AGI 98+23
VIT 16+5
INT 21+15
DEX 46+14
LUK 23+37

This is with Agi, Bless, Gloria, Impo, SC
Two kobold-brooch, pantie + undershirt combo (or muff with bapho JR and Saint robe with Picky or Pupa or anything..), HBH, AWE.. Using Chain (3) or VVS ele Stunners.
Not decided between LD 5 + LexA or Sanctuary 7 or Mace mastery 10. Only two of these will fit.. but which two?! Simply.. I can spend 13 of 21 needed for these.. so either
Both Lexes + Mace mastery 10
Mace mast. 9 and Sanctuary 7
Mace mastery 3 + Sanct 7 + both Lexes

Another build was with 43+37 luk, with less str, dex and agi.. but I dont like it as much as the first one.

So what about your builds? How do you build your BPs, what skills do you like? Are there even any other BPs?
Lets discuss and share some nice builds!
Last edited by Shinryu on 2015-07-15 20:07 (Wednesday), edited 2 times in total.
Shinryu
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Battle priests, unite!

Postby Mathy » 2015-07-15 19:48 (Wednesday)

I've been thinking of starting one.
Would you recommend any build in particular to do Geffen Dungeon? Especially Nightmares and Marionettes.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Shinryu » 2015-07-16 08:50 (Thursday)

Mathy wrote:I've been thinking of starting one.
Would you recommend any build in particular to do Geffen Dungeon? Especially Nightmares and Marionettes.

Sadly.. that place isnt good for battle priest. Its too mobby, with mobs of different elements and we dont have a good ghost weapon for battle priest yet. The "too mobby" part is very important. Battle priest relies (if you dont go the tank build) entirely on flee to survive. If you tank more than 2 monsters at once, your flee goes to hell and they will start hitting you. Also nightmares suck SP, which is very annoying for low-sp regen class like BP. Also your skills dont help you against ghost mobs.
So for Geff 3,ME priest or FS with a party is at least three times more effective :) Or Gc crus, brandish knight, anything else with good elemental AoE :D

But if you still want battle priest for Geff 3, then you should think about tank build with magnum break clip, high str, dex, vit :D Staying on the edge of sanctuary and hit them with magnum break, having VVS Water Stunner to kill Jakks.. ;)
Shinryu
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Shinryu » 2015-07-27 22:21 (Monday)

Ok, so the build Im currently considering looks like this:

Stats
STR - 72+18
AGI - 96+24
VIT - 18+5
INT - 21+15
DEX - 46+14
LUK - 23+37

Thats with bless, agi, gloria
2x kobold brooch, AWE, Cat hair foot with Nightmare, pantie combo

At 99 - 159 hit, 234 flee, 10 perfect dodge, 27 crit, 175.1 aspd.

Skills:
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pr ... rnfNkabNak

I still cant decide on this.. I like sanctuary, its AoE attack and heal at the same time, that can keep you alive a little longer in tight situations.
Skills are quite stretched, I want lex divina, but cant have more than lvl 1.. Signum Crucis lvl 1 is also more like.. symbolic. Dec. agi is an important skill for me, even tho lvl 1 isnt the best one. Gloria and Magni cant be maxed with that amount of other skills... will finish this tomorrow.
Shinryu
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Mathy » 2015-07-27 22:40 (Monday)

I guess I'd drop Status Recovery. Or is the blinding effect any good?
Lex Divina 1 sounds like a waste, also.
I'd max Gloria, recasting that skill is annoying.
Your vit is kinda low, are you sure you want lv 4 KE with such low vit?
That level of dec agi won't help much, you'll end up recasting it way too often.

IDK about the class, just some thoughts I had.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Raie » 2015-07-28 01:23 (Tuesday)

Honestly I think more levels in KE is worth more than a higher level of sanctuary. You're going to want KE when you're punching things in the face.

Don't need higher than level 3 magni, anyway (I never get above level 3 even on FS priests because the two points are better spent somewhere else than on an extra 30 seconds.)

Do you NEED level five Aspersio? You aren't getting BSS, holy waters are basically free, you have high str for weight limit, and more levels in asp just increases the duration. It's annoying to have to recast it frequently, but level 3 is still two full minutes, and you'd have two more skill points to spend (normally I'd say the extra minute is enough to be worth it but your skills are VERY stretched out).

imo SC honestly isn't that worth it unless you get a higher level of it. 14% def is not a whole lot, and you might get more value out of that skill point elsewhere unless you're really set on getting SC.

Dec agi 1-2 is fine enough. You want it for the movement speed slow so I wouldn't axe it entirely.

Level 4 in gloria is fine. You're going to be hurting for SP a lot as it is, so if you shuffle points around I might get one or two in SP recovery. Not necessary but just a thought.

The biggest thing I can see is KE. Level 4 just won't be enough, so if you can sacrifice points in other skills to increase KE, that's my biggest recommendation.
Nocturne ★ Lament ★ Dirge ★ Serenade ★ Scherzo ★ Piano ★ Fife ★ Absinthe ★ Claret ★ Sangria ★ Myrrha ★ Serac ★ Catalyst
Raie
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Shinryu » 2015-07-28 08:10 (Tuesday)

Thanks for replies :)

Mathy:
1. status recovery is great skill for both solo and party, blind is helpful and the reset-target function can save your party mate or you quite a lot when you get in trouble. Its also good support skill for when you get a party (which is quite rarely...)

2. Lex Divina - I dont think its waste, lvl of lex divina shouldnt affect chance (iirc, have to get some confirmation on this.) The only thing that changes is time. Even if it lasts 10 seconds on a monster/player, it might be enough time to kill it. Sure I would love to have it at higher level tho :D

3. Gloria - I guess you are right on this one, on my last BP I had lvl 3 and it wasnt enough.. so I wanted to try lvl 4 here, but I guess I will sacrifice one more point into it.

4. Yes, vit is low. BP relies on flee entirely and.. luk adds some status resist too. Theres not enough points for vit, maybe I will take few from agi..

5. I had lvl 1 d. agi, its mainly for pvp fun together with lex divina, when you go there and bully people :P Never used it much in PvM.. But yea, I might also not get it at all and not enter pvp.

Raie:

1. I dont use KE, mainly because when its maxed, its 30% of 5k HP, which isnt good. I had to take it just as a prereq. for Gloria. I might get maxed gloria instead of Sanctuary, but dont think its worth it.

2. Yea, in the built I sent here is magni lvl 3

3. I dont need lvl 5 asp, its again my laziness to not having to recast it too often and waste bottles :D Lvl 3 or 4 might be enough.

4. I know, I just love SC and dont want to get rid of it entirely. I guess I will just have to stop with that and save that one more point.

5. Gloria 4 or 5 .. undecided on this one.. because average fight lasts around 4-10 seconds,

6. Mana isnt problem as long as Im soloing (98% of the life of battle priest..) or with just one more party member with high flee (so I dont have to heal him too often). And for more party members, lvl 1 or 2 sp recovery wont help much, and I often have to switch to sp equip.
Shinryu
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Flame » 2015-07-28 18:43 (Tuesday)

Shinryu wrote:STR 70+20
AGI 98+23
VIT 16+5
INT 21+15
DEX 46+14
LUK 23+37

Ok so. You should give 15 vit, and 20/25 int, 97 ag. But I think that high agi is waste of points. I think you should think about 87 agi, and give this points to vit/int/even str. If you afraid of flee, u can invest to whisper card.

Shinryu wrote: Only two of these will fit.. but which two?! Simply..  I can spend 13 of 21 needed for these.. so either
Both Lexes + Mace mastery 10
Mace mast. 9 and Sanctuary 7
Mace mastery 3 + Sanct 7 + both Lexes

I think you should take mace mastery and both lexes. Anyway u should have kyrie at 10. Idk if you will get this.

Just my suggestion. :)
Flame
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Return to Prontera Acolyte Guild