MVP Monk questions

Discuss about Acolytes and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

MVP Monk questions

Postby Grace » 2014-12-09 17:25 (Tuesday)

How exactly does MVP Monk work, and what's the stats/skill/gear for it?

I sort of want to make an MVP Monk and go around killing bosses, but I do not know the first thing about Asura Monk asides from having Int and Strength. Is there anything else I should look out for when building this type? Any skills I should beware of not having too much points?

I appreciate any replies I can get.
Grace
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

IRC nickname: Pringles

Re: MVP Monk questions

Postby Mathy » 2014-12-10 02:52 (Wednesday)

The skill build is pretty straightforward. You either get OI for easier leveling, or Snap for MvPing, and the rest you put into Asura. There won't be any points left, so be careful if you want to go for the Snap route.

As for stats, you go for 9X str, lots of int, then balance some dex and vit. If you plan to WoE, you need to reach a magic dex number (which I have forgotten) from which you can cast an Asura from below a SG, perhaps someone could remind me of it.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Zenr » 2014-12-10 16:49 (Wednesday)

Mathy wrote:The skill build is pretty straightforward. You either get OI for easier leveling, or Snap for MvPing, and the rest you put into Asura. There won't be any points left, so be careful if you want to go for the Snap route.

How is Snap for MVPing? Snap has a 2 second delay during which you cannot perform asura, so it can't be used for MVPing, but to evade any kind of damage (be it MVP, normal monster or player). Snap is not a skill focused on MVPing.
Zenr
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Mathy » 2014-12-11 08:00 (Thursday)

It's not a skill to go for the kill, but it's more late build focused than OI, which is strictly a leveling skill.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

Postby Grace » 2014-12-22 10:25 (Monday)

It's more of a PVE MVP monk than PVP. I think I'll go for OI for Turtles.

How much should I put into INT?

Thanks for the replies. : )
Grace
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

IRC nickname: Pringles

Postby eruiselle » 2015-07-23 04:08 (Thursday)

get 1k sp or more to make good damage
eruiselle
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Lillum » 2015-07-23 12:43 (Thursday)

Well this is my build i dont think this is the best one but i will say that i prefer so much Cast time > Dmg input in asuras because if you cant cast then its useless (and its not recomended the phen card for that build).

Here is the Stats...

And here is the Skills... (You say you want the OI for leveling).

With this build you can cast asura (without bragi its 0.7 secs) and you deal around 85k of damage to an Amon ra (Boss Large)

Pros: Its very great for mvps
Con: 4 AK in the game its very very very very very very painfull the dmg can be reduced putting minos and card that improve dmg to some type of elements or only go for 3 minos in Chain...

P.D: This is some kind of luxury build for a monk but if you can afford to collect the AK or the crown this build is superb for my point of view...
P.D2: I never play monk like a main character so idk if its viable this build...

I hope this can be of help!!! (/lv)

(/kis) Cierro mis ojos, te siento en la distancia
Tu aliento suave, tus labios húmedos
Se alejan como las hojas que caen en otoño
Trayendo en si... mi despedida carmesí
(/lv)
Lillum
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Mathy » 2015-07-23 17:31 (Thursday)

Drop Angelus, those points are better spent into Heal.
Consider if you need Decrease Agi. That's not a bad skill for PvP, but the chance is kinda low to rely on it for PvM/MvP hunting.

Also, your stat build doesn't work here because of the stat hexagon. You need 8 points into agi or luk. I recommend agi in Monk's case.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Ghostring
Ghostring

Postby Shinryu » 2015-07-23 19:33 (Thursday)

Mathy wrote:Drop Angelus, those points are better spent into Heal.
Consider if you need Decrease Agi. That's not a bad skill for PvP, but the chance is kinda low to rely on it for PvM/MvP hunting.

Also, your stat build doesn't work here because of the stat hexagon. You need 8 points into agi or luk. I recommend agi in Monk's case.

With MVP monk, I tend to take 7+3 luk and 3+xx agi. Sure, its not that much of a difference, but the +1 lucky dodge and around +-350 dmg for asura might be better than these few points in agi.

For the build, I would take at least these 2 points from dex, to round it to 81+14 and give these to vit. Some MVPs tend to stun and hit hard, and few more hp and status resist is always nice. And because dex dmg bonus comes from every 5 points, you can take these two without hindering your dmg. It shouldnt affect your cast time by any noticable difference.

Also I would take points from angelus (angelus wont help you with these 9+xx vit) and put these into inc. agi. Its annoying to have to recast it too often when you are looking for the mvp.
Shinryu
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Lillum » 2015-07-24 12:20 (Friday)

Mathy wrote:Drop Angelus, those points are better spent into Heal.

Yes you are right about the 9 agi or luk i think agi and vit are opposite (sorry its been a while since i played ro xD)

1 - Angelus i think its quite better for a Monk than a priest because its the only class that can reach angelus in a slightly high levels and in partys that skills is very usefull (so much because of the server we are playing)

2 - I dont put in heal because i think the 90% of the players are doing multi accounts then its better that you have a priest / aco buffing healing you efectively than healing yourself... (if not go potions so you can practice to go woe if its your fist time playing the game)

if i need to do something with this i will drop the points in vit then assign it in agi its like the same... if there are some thing that are not correct tell me i want to improve my knowledge! (/no1)

Bye bye (/lv)

(/kis) Cierro mis ojos, te siento en la distancia
Tu aliento suave, tus labios húmedos
Se alejan como las hojas que caen en otoño
Trayendo en si... mi despedida carmesí
(/lv)
Lillum
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Next