Grimtooth has some issues

Discuss about Thieves and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Re: Grimtooth has some issues

Postby Raie » 2015-09-03 23:25 (Thursday)

Its exactly like how Claymore trap was nerfed to not do multiple hits. Gravity really hates people mobbing, so they changed the mechanics to make it more difficult for Hunters and Assassin's to mob. Also bowling bash has always been broken so that it doesn't work on certain cells (unless it's fixed in Hercules/the dev team figured out how to fix it. I haven't seen any discussion on this.)

Also I'm not a GM, I'd wish people would stop assuming I am. :\

Another edit: I don't know what servers you've been playing on, but every server I've played in the past five years has had the monster AI working this way.
Nocturne ★ Lament ★ Dirge ★ Serenade ★ Scherzo ★ Piano ★ Fife ★ Absinthe ★ Claret ★ Sangria ★ Myrrha ★ Serac ★ Catalyst
Raie
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Tekky » 2015-09-04 15:45 (Friday)

Claymore Trap was changed because it would crash servers/clients with the damage spam as far as I know. I somewhat agree with mr. Assassin, saying that it should be returned to its old behavior. But, let's be honest here, this server is -NOT- following how RO used to play. It's cherry-picked maps and features. For the most part, it plays nice. There's always going to be something that someone dislikes I suppose.

As for the Bowling Bash comment, I have not experienced the grid lines in the short time I've spent on my Knight. Grid lines (areas where Bowling Bash would fail to work properly) were caused by the official server software AEGIS loading maps in chunks. If you used BB on the edge of these chunks, it would fk up. Hercules, and eAthena etc before it, solved this problem a long long time ago. If it is indeed emulated AEGIS-style here, it's just a on/off flag in the settings most likely.
Tekky
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Taishiro » 2015-09-05 13:30 (Saturday)

I agree that the AI as it is now only hurts Assassins, a class that is already underpowered specially in PvP. In http://bbs.originsro.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=778 I asked about this AI behavior and, as I thought, it was the official behavior. That said, at the time I did not ask the staff to change this behavior, although I think it would be fair for to change so that the mobs stack in a single cell, as it would mainly affect Assassins and would not nerf any other class.
Taishiro
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

IRC nickname: Taishiro

Postby Styx » 2015-09-05 17:27 (Saturday)

HeadShot33 wrote:This server is too low of pop to count on party and iv used #party to look for  someone to party with, but i mostly level solo and because of this i expect down the road its going to be the same way.
I go to college and i want to be able to log on and level, if there is a party cool ill join but if not i want a viable option to level by myself.

'That is an important issue you bring up there, it isn't only restricted to Assasin.
I play Brewer as main and my experience with probably 100+ servers, nobody wants you in a party.

Back, to the subject: I believe it is caused by setting 008 in monster.conf.
Don't know about the history and the reason why and when they did change it but I guess default it isn't active.
Styx
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Raie » 2015-09-05 18:24 (Saturday)

Styx wrote:I play Brewer as main and my experience with probably 100+ servers, nobody wants you in a party.

The first part of your sentence 100% explains the last part.
Nocturne ★ Lament ★ Dirge ★ Serenade ★ Scherzo ★ Piano ★ Fife ★ Absinthe ★ Claret ★ Sangria ★ Myrrha ★ Serac ★ Catalyst
Raie
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby vashgibz13 » 2015-10-04 19:09 (Sunday)

Welcome to my world. From this server to that, no GM has ever considered this class. All we can do is adapt to their respective set-ups.
I turned to Dagger Sin just to make this class competitive and useful lol :-)

Anyways SinX made them pay for all the injustice that Classic Sin took.

Hope to see you mobbing seals with me in the game :-)
vashgibz13
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby HeadShot33 » 2015-10-05 23:20 (Monday)

Hah,still no update on this. I guess nobody cares? or?
iv been looking at update changelog and nothing new about the skill or any reply to this topic.
frustrating
HeadShot33
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Ergroilnin » 2015-10-06 05:51 (Tuesday)

I thought it was obvious it's gonna stay this way? And please don't say that it cripples sins that much, try something else than mobbing whole map seals 1-99 and grimming them to death solo.
Ergroilnin
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Postby Hawk » 2015-10-06 17:27 (Tuesday)

I support the change back to the old behavior of mobs, so that it fits the server's name OriginsRO. The least I ask for is consistency, that means, if you defend this "fix" of each mob needing space on a separate cell, then also fix it in general i.e. mobs also do not stack without being hidden, but first find a free cell before attacking.
Hawk
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Kreuzbube » 2015-11-23 16:51 (Monday)

Sorry for posting a statement of us so late, but here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=975&p=5042#p5042
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

PreviousNext

Return to Morocc Thief Guild