Rogue Help :D *new

Discuss about Thieves and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Rogue Help :D *new

Postby LeafyTea » 2014-02-07 23:18 (Friday)

O.k, so after NEVER playing a rogue class I've decided to make one after someone telling me it's a good way to make money :D
And I have to say.. I'm in love. I love it's sprite and the way it plays! I do need some assistance though.. Not sure if I'm building it correctly or where to go to start raking in the cash. I've been at the toy factory, and it's proven to be a very profitable place.. It's a bit slow right now as I'm still just using a Gladius :/ I was told to put Andre cards on it and make it +7.. Does that sound right?

Current Build:

Lv.57 (no i didn't wait until job 50.. I'd rather die)
STR: 29+2
AGI: 72+4
VIT: 1+6
DEX: 26+4
LUK: 1

Gimmie dem pointers :D
Last edited by LeafyTea on 2014-05-02 17:49 (Friday), edited 1 time in total.
LeafyTea
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Re: Rogue Help :D

Postby Mathy » 2014-02-08 00:22 (Saturday)

If you are playing Rogue for zeny, you need Gank. And for Steal to work properly, you definetely need more dex :P
You also shouldn't be afraid to raise your str a bit more.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby LeafyTea » 2014-02-08 00:27 (Saturday)

Yep, I have gank/steal.. I'm able to pull of a steal before the mob dies due to my low str and lack of a better weapon :/ So yea I'll be sure to start pumping str, what do you think a good amount would be to stop at? :o
LeafyTea
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Fleur » 2014-02-08 01:44 (Saturday)

with this high agi build you can only openkore gl hf
Fleur
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby LeafyTea » 2014-02-08 01:56 (Saturday)

Openkore as in the bot? :/ Sorry but I don't use bots.. I watch anime and farm mindlessly :D
LeafyTea
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Mathy » 2014-02-08 11:24 (Saturday)

Don't let the fact that you can normally steal before the enemy dies fool you. A good Gank Rogue kills the enemy fast enough while stealing from it too, and only switching to a weaker weapon if the target is laughably weak.
I forgot how the build goes, but I'll be sure to research it again to give you some more exact numbers. And yeah, at 7X agi it might be time for you to stop adding points to agi, at least temporarily (whenever I'm going to stop a bonusless stat like agi, I always do it at a number ending in 1, for that is always the point before addding more points begins to cost 1 more).
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

Postby LeafyTea » 2014-02-08 11:53 (Saturday)

Hmm.. alright, thanks for the advice! Yea, it takes a bit to kill myst cases. I'll be sure to start pumping some str + dex and eventually (when i get some money) I'll buy a better weapon.
LeafyTea
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby monkeyblood » 2014-02-10 16:40 (Monday)

if you want to stack str on a gank rogue you have to get around 60 dex otherwise you get to strong to steal from every monster and you already have more than enough agi i usually only get 60 agi on my rogues
monkeyblood
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Zenr » 2014-02-11 02:59 (Tuesday)

Wouldn't it be better to increase Agi and keep a low Str so you can have a high DPS based on number of hits instead of attack per hit? That way you kill the mob fast, with enough hits to steal from it.
Zenr
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Mathy » 2014-02-11 03:08 (Tuesday)

Zenr wrote:Wouldn't it be better to increase Agi and keep a low Str so you can have a high DPS based on number of hits instead of attack per hit? That way you kill the mob fast, with enough hits to steal from it.

It would if increasing agi over str after a certain point still provided that balance. After 6X~7X agi the DPS gain of spending points in str outweights the lower chance to proc steal before a monster dies.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

Next

Return to Morocc Thief Guild