Doubts about Alchemists

Discuss about Merchants and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Doubts about Alchemists

Postby Edremis » 2019-01-09 17:58 (Wednesday)

Hi there, I'm new to the server and to pretrans Ragnarok and I have a few doubts about alchemists since I always played this job with homuns + full leveling build (thinking about going to become crea).

Now I'm looking to make a WoE Alchemist since once of my favourite jobs in WoE was creator but I have no idea what role they have. Let me explain:

I have read some guides about woe alches and alches are basically: Chemical protection buff (buff bot), acids (armor destruction), if you can afford it bombs (weapon destruction) and healing with aid potion.

The problem is:

- One role is being a buff bot.
- Acids and bombs do low damage and almost everyone (or at least the most important targets) should have chemicals so they hard counter this role.
- About healing, I have doubts about this. I like the idea of being a healer but in practice everyone carries consumables + it's difficult to actually heal either when you are attaking or there is a big gvg battle so I think it's more suited for a more small scale WoE.

Then here it comes my doubts:

1- Is the previous information correct?
2- If the previous is true, is it worth to build an alchemist if you don't like to be a "buff bot"?
3- Is there a woe build that let you level solo albeit slow?
4- How important are alchemists in WoE compared to wizards, hunters or crusaders?

Thank you! And sorry for the long post (/hmm)
Edremis
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Doubts about Alchemists

Postby Kreuzbube » 2019-01-09 18:42 (Wednesday)

They are used for Acids and Bombs spam, and CP buffing (last time I checked).
I think I might have even seen how an Alchemist healed a Devotion Crusader, since they sometimes just can't pot fast enough with all the damage incoming.
Every guild (should) have one. It forces people to commit for CP mats,
sometimes people don't get CP mats and an Alchemist is OP when that happens.
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Stapo
Stapo

Postby Xellie » 2019-01-09 18:50 (Wednesday)

1 - the information you have is correct. The Alchemist role is 90% coating people, 9% breaking armors and 1% putting down bombs to break weapons. Healing with aid potion is logically correct but usually inefficient and not very viable. (You can't see when the Devo is taking damage and healing anyone else would be a niche situation)

2 - It's probably not worth making an alchemist if you're not fond of being mostly a buff bot. Throwing acids to break armors is important but you're most likely not going to kill anyone.

3 - an acid terror build would level decently, probably. You'd get str to do damage/carry more stuff.

4 - Like Kreuzbube said, every guild should have... infact *NEEDS* at least one alchemist or all their stuff will get broken/stripped. So yes, it's a very important role. I'd say on par with wizard and devo but more important than a hunter.
Xellie
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Edremis » 2019-01-09 19:04 (Wednesday)

Thank you for your replies!

Just a few more questions.

1- How effective is the alchemist card set? I mean, how often will I get a glistering/stem?

2- How often will there be people without FCP? I know I will be 90% buffing with FCP but the fun part (at least for me) is destroying enemies equipments :D

3- How different is the playstyle/role of an alchemist between attacking and defending a castle?

4- Besides WoE, can alchemists do something with their guildmates or I will have to use an alter to do anything? (ofc I will have a farmer alter)

Thank you!
Edremis
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Xellie » 2019-01-09 19:27 (Wednesday)

1 - I can't answer that I don't have experience with it

2 - More often than you'd think. Especially after a recall or when people are regrouping.

3 - if you're defending you'll be doing a lot more acid throwing than if you're attacking. Especially on offense you'll be needing to be a lot more vigilant about coating people, especially after recall etc. You'll find yourself coating whilst others are fighting.

4 - Well you could be a potion pitcher for an MVP devo, but other than that, Chems arent' really that great in pvm.
Xellie
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Niriw » 2019-01-09 23:59 (Wednesday)

1.- Don't count on get a significant amount of Coats/Stems from Alchemist set, it should be around 0.15% and 0.5% drop respectively

4.- Depends on your guild and the type of parties they run
Niriw
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

GitLab User ID: JJJJ @Niriw
Discord Username: Niriw#5815

Postby Raie » 2019-01-10 03:35 (Thursday)

Alchemists are the best class in the game, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Follow your dreams.

Nocturne ★ Lament ★ Dirge ★ Serenade ★ Scherzo ★ Piano ★ Absinthe ★ Claret ★ Myrrha ★ Serac ★ Sangria ★ Fife
Catalyst ★ Aubade ★ Cure ★ Mute ★ Alchemist
Mint ★ Requiem ★ Forte ★ Lich ★ Staccato ★ Eres ★ Rhapsody ★ Soup ★ Veil ★ Stretto ★ Acid
Malevolent ★ Violin ★ Baroque ★ Sheep ★ Elegy ★ Wine ★ Vivace ★ Sforzando ★ Treble ★ Crescendo ★ Vivisectionist
Andante ★ Paladin ★ Niles ★ Bolero ★ Burgundy ★ Popola ★ Devola ★ Cadenza ★ Elixir ★ Whisper
Raie
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Jake » 2019-01-16 18:51 (Wednesday)

I think alchemist is the weakest of the classes you mentioned to have inside the castle.
You can cast chemical protection outside the castle and play a different class inside the castle.
Acid terror takes much time to break and even then people are usually protected by land protector. Hope they don't carry a spare unfrozen. I think it's good to have quad plankton so that acid terror isn't terrible when your enemy is chemically protected.
Jake
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Return to Alberta Merchant Guild