Bit of advice for potential MVP Blacksmith.

Discuss about Merchants and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Bit of advice for potential MVP Blacksmith.

Postby Battlefoxx » 2018-11-23 00:48 (Friday)

Greetings everyone,

with my Monk nearing 99, it's slowly time for my Blacksmith to do some work. Been thinking a lot about what I want to go for, and now I got a rough idea. Sadly, even though I played a lot of RO during High School days, my memory and experience with that class is a little bit rusty. As such, I'd like to ask for some advice and insight for a following build.
Note that, as the title suggests, this Blacksmith might try to hunt some of the smaller MVPs, like Eddga.

Stats (with Bless 10 and Agi 10):
Str - 98 + 32
Agi - 72 + 15 (181 ASPD with Berserk Potion and 1H Axe)
Vit - 34 + 6 (7682 HP)
Int - 6 + 12 (Rest of the stat points, really.)
Dex - 48 + 22 (189 Hit)
Luk - 1 + 2

Equipment:
Weapon - 1H Axe with 2x Element 1x Race 1x Size Card (optimally 4 AKs, but... yeah, as if I'm getting THAT anytime soon) or Chain with 1x Element 1x Race 1x Size (or, well, 3 AKs)
Shield - Buckler with Racial Card (or Alice)
Upper Headgear - Marionette Doll with Deviruchi Card
Middle Headgear - Evil Wing Ears
Lower Headgear - Any
Armor - Mantle with Porcellio Card (aiming for Chain Mail with either Porcellio or Pecopeco)
Garment - Muffler with Raydric Card
Shoes - Shoes with Matyr Card
Accs - 2x Ring with Mantis Card

I'm well aware that I can get some more Def by getting stuff like Manteau instead of Muffler, but that's the basic gist of it card-wise. Stuff like Pasana Card / ED etc to counter some stuff like being frozen or countering spells is something I have yet to farm for.
My question is: Would I even survive some of those MVPs? Is my ASPD enough? Should I boost my HP a bit more? Do I have enough Hit? Is there some Equipment that I should take instead of X? I can also lower my Agi by 8 (ASPD to 180) and get an extra 12 Vit instead (8341 HP). Is that more preferable?
Also reading that a lot of people suggest using a Chain [3]. Is there a reason aside from having to only get 3 cards to get slightly less damage than an axe (and also being slower)?

Would love some input into that build.^^
Battlefoxx
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Bit of advice for potential MVP Blacksmith.

Postby heueck » 2018-11-23 13:48 (Friday)

I Think the build is quite ok. Killing MVPs with Blacksmith seems to be expensive in my opinion. (Mammonite and Pots)

I dont consider BS as good MVP killer but i wish you good luck. I wish I could, I Really like BS
Einarson - Hunter
Pigtails!- Priest
Daniel Lugo - Crusader
John Preston - Gunslinger

more to come...

Focker's Rule =)
heueck
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Paternoster » 2018-12-10 16:12 (Monday)

If you want to kill MvPs, you need way more vit. Any MvP getting to rage mode will take you out in a few seconds. dont forget most of the mvps also cause status effects, like stun, silence, etc.
Paternoster
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Battlefoxx » 2018-12-12 19:10 (Wednesday)

Got some advice over the days, and Vit is indeed a bit of an issue... changed it so that I have 65 total now (still not high, but 9k Hp is plenty if paired with a Priest). Went down to 120 Str and 180 ASPD.
Battlefoxx
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Return to Alberta Merchant Guild