Hunter PVM/MVP optimal build?

Discuss about Archers and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Hunter PVM/MVP optimal build?

Postby Asterix » 2017-07-07 21:11 (Friday)

Hi,

I was wondering what would be the perfect stats and skill tree for an Hunter LV99 focused on PVE/PVM only (I won't go on WOE with this character)?

Many thanks!
Asterix
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Hunter PVM/MVP optimal build?

Postby Damocles » 2017-08-13 12:30 (Sunday)

Opinions differ.

But I'd say 99 dex / 99 agi.
Damocles
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Lubba » 2017-08-13 17:50 (Sunday)

If you are planning to do some MVPs also, I would suggest to drop some agi and put it in int. It gives you some upper hand DSing and with sp recovery items.
Lubba
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Jake » 2017-08-14 15:40 (Monday)

I haven't tried a trap or double strafe build. I use 96dex 99agi auto-attack build. The main reason is that it is easy on my fingers. I'm pretty happy with it. I wouldn't recommend LUK on a hunter as wizards are better against high DEF foes.

Skills I recommend: Double strafe, improve concentration, arrow shower, steel crow, ankle snare and detect.
Jake
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby heueck » 2018-10-28 09:16 (Sunday)

Damocles wrote:Opinions differ.

But I'd say 99 dex / 99 agi.

99 agi and dex gives you more freedom for your equipment but you may Waste some points here for everything over the dex Bonus and the aspd. eg. 145 dex is 5 dex wasted and 180.7 aspd is wasted some points in agi.

I recommend to go for Clean dex and aspd and spend the Rest in int for ds. needs your equipment finished ofc.
Einarson - Hunter
Pigtails!- Priest
Daniel Lugo - Crusader
John Preston - Gunslinger WOE
.:Balthasar:. - Monk
Henrietta - Gunny MVP
Agibaba - Knight

more to come...

Focker's Rule =)
heueck
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Lios » 2018-11-13 13:33 (Tuesday)

AGI for ASPD is never wasted, it does not have breakpoints, every AGI contributes to ASPD and FLEE.

DEX may be 'wasted' due to ATK breakpoints (but it still increases it a bit), and it contributes to ASPD as well. I have 99DEX/99AGI hunter and started a blitzer (60 base DEX), I was surprised how slower it attacked compared to the first one. However couple of DEX would not be noticeable ASPD-wise and ATK-wise and ideally you should optimize DEX for 10 increments.
Lios
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby zed638 » 2018-11-14 07:43 (Wednesday)

This might sound a bit strange, but the amount of AGI you ought to get could depend on where you're playing from (/ho)

I think if you're playing in Europe, close to the server, the fastest animation of DS you can achieve for Double Strafe is at 82 base AGI with AttenConc and Dex gear - 150+ DEX

So, try doing something like 99 DEX, 82 AGI and the rest into INT.

Just my two cents but it does work. I had to remake my Hunter and noticed the same animation speed (due to ping) at 82 AGI - same as with 99 AGI.
Main Char: Bacon
zed638
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Discord Username: @CrispyBacon0001

Postby Cesn3G » 2019-01-03 09:27 (Thursday)

This seems to be one of the best builds, gaining quite a lot of sp regen in exchange for almost no damage reduction. Also auto attacking becomes an option when your aspd is as high as 183 i think:

STR: 1
AGI: 99+31
VIT: 1
INT: 20+16 (CoM - Crown of Mistress)
DEX: 96+54 (2x Nimble Glove, Tights, Binoculars)
LUK: 1

all things balanced as they should be. This equip is not something a complete beginner could afford - I recommend leveling at Strings, so you get the gloves. You can also replace CoM with a willow carded headgear or something along the lines. If you would like to reduce agi, because the reasons @zed638 states, I would put leftover points into int.
Cesn3G
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Return to Payon Archer Guild