Farm Hunter AGI / INT Tradeoff

Discuss about Archers and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Farm Hunter AGI / INT Tradeoff

Postby Charles445 » September 21st, 2017, 5:07 pm

Hey! I usually play Ragnarok running around by myself messing about, not one that runs around in parties, so I'm trying to make a Hunter that has decent SP recovery on its own.

I'm currently debating two possible base stat builds right now...

AGI 90,  INT 38,  DEX 98   
AGI 86,  INT 44,  DEX 98

The advantage of the INT 44 one is because it works well with Eggyra, giving SP recovery a +2 instead of the usual +1 (starting at base level 82 lol), but it damages double strafe DPS pretty heavily!.. But I'm probably not going to be double strafing 100% of the the time, hence the need for SP regeneration...  :?
It's all very confusing. The idea of +16 SP recovery is rather appealing (goes to +17 at 99), but losing that ASPD and Flee seems like a pretty big deal.

Most of my experience with the game is from building Snipers and putting no effort into building a Hunter, so I'm pretty lost here.

Which one of these two would be better? Or are they both crap for someone who wants to kill random enemies?

Thanks for any advice y'all!
Charles445
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Farm Hunter AGI / INT Tradeoff

Postby Kergal » September 21st, 2017, 9:10 pm

One thing you should consider is that most likely you won't be able to do a perfect spam of Double Strafe due to lag (and even if you're lucky to live close to the server, there's still human error). So ASPD isn't as valuable as you'd think for DS spamming. Personally I find the cutoff point to be around 179 ASPD. Any higher than that I consider a waste because I simply can't utilise the ASPD. Then again I do play with 250ms delay so there's that.

What I'd recommend is finding the ASPD point in which you feel you're spamming as fast as you (and your connection) can and work from there. Also I personally recommend Sohee over Eggyra. You lose only 1 SP regen, but gain 100 SP, at least with the build I'm calculating. Mind you that's just hastily thrown together to be as similar in stats to what you said. I'd go even lower in AGI and get a bit more INT. Like this. Reason I use a Mistress Crown and not an Apple of Archer is because I'm assuming you'll wanna be doing purely DS spamming (even though you said most likely won't be using DS all the time, with 900 SP and that regen, you definitely can), and the extra 100 SP is very very welcome.

EDIT: also a slight addition. Hunters don't really care that much about flee. Stuff isn't supposed to be getting close to you in the first place, with an instacast Arrow Repel and Ankle Snare to keep enemies at bay. And anything over 200 tends to be enough for most places anyway. In that build I put there, just add a Whisper Card to the garment and you get 229 Flee, which is more than plenty.
Kergal
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Charles445 » September 26th, 2017, 5:43 pm

Hey, thanks for this info! I was not aware of Mistress Crown being an option, that is quite a good item (although I'd imagine it's rather expensive considering it's the annoying teleport MVP... do people sell Coronets?)

I did some messing with numbers and I think I'm leaning on these now.

AGI 81, INT 54, DEX 97

The reason I'm thinking this is it's a bit more flexible with equipment (tights able to be swapped out for undershirt / pantie combo, that sort of thing)
(also the INT from 54 to 55 doesn't seem to do anything, unless I'm missing something)

EDIT 9/26 so I don't bump the thread

After doing some more messing with numbers and seeing what's available on the server, wearing anything but tights at endgame seems to be a waste of time.
Also, 81 AGI and 97 DEX is barely below the next ASPD digit (assuming bless and increase agi are on).

Instead, 82 AGI and 96 DEX seems to be the way to go.

EDIT 2: Editing apparently bumps the thread, good to know

tl;dr going to end up going AGI 82, INT 54, DEX 96
Charles445
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Mathy » September 27th, 2017, 3:46 am

Charles445 wrote:Also, 81 AGI and 97 DEX is barely below the next ASPD digit (assuming bless and increase agi are on).

This doesn't fucking matter. The server doesn't use ASPD calculations for anything. It uses TBA (time between attacks). ASPD not being an integer doesn't mean jack shit.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Charles445 » September 27th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Mathy wrote:This doesn't fucking matter. The server doesn't use ASPD calculations for anything. It uses TBA (time between attacks). ASPD not being an integer doesn't mean jack shit.

That's REALLY good to know. There's a lot of conflicting information online regarding ASPD and truncation and it's nice to get an answer from a server dev, so thanks a bunch!
A quick internet search of "aspd integer ragnarok" returns many results of people getting similarly confused, so I imagine this annoying misconception shows up a lot.
Charles445
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Mathy » September 28th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Use a calculator (such as ROcalc), increase/decrease your dex/agi, simulate a battle against a monster, and look at the Time/hit value. You will notice that agi usually immediately impacts it, and dex requires like 4 as many points to do anything.

If you know C, take a look at https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/ ... us.c#L3408 to get an idea how true attack speed is calculated for a homunculus (it's simpler than for player characters).
Code: Select all
amotion = (1000 - 4 * hstatus->agi - hstatus->dex) * hd->homunculusDB->baseASPD / 1000;

Where baseASPD is read from https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/ ... db.txt#L20 (values are separated by comma, each line is a different homunculus, and the bASPD is the tenth value, apparently 700 for every homunculus).
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

IRC nickname: Mathy

Return to Payon Archer Guild