ASPD (Amation/Adelay) impact on DS (animation)

Discuss about Archers and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

ASPD (Amation/Adelay) impact on DS (animation)

Postby IIIIIIII » 2019-08-12 22:02 (Monday)

Hello,

I have a somewhat technical question and I had hoped to receive some assistance here. I tried to look for clues in the Hercules source code but could not come up with any answer within a reasonable time. My first somewhat useful lead was the skill_amotion_leniency: of 90 within the skill.conf. This made me believe that every animation has some kind of basic value and your ASPD has a 90% impact on those animations compared to autoattacks. Now I found the AC_DOUBLE entry in skill_db.conf and had hoped for some kind of basic value as mentioned before. Sadly either this information is somewhere else or not explicitly set or I cannot understand the entries to a sufficient level. I tried to find some information on SkillData1: 100, everything else does not look like it could lead to the answer I'm looking for. This is pretty much where I gave up to look further or try to find a meaningful way to check the source code.
I understand ASPD and its calculation. My problem is to determine ASPD's impact on animations, more specific Double Strafe. From observation I can tell that ASPD not only (obviously) increases your Double Strafes per second, but also quickens the DMG impact reaching your target. So increased ASPD not only yields more Double Strafes per second, but also enhances a single Double Strafe's efficiency. What I would like to know is:
What is the basic "cast time" of a Double Strafe? When does, given 0 AGI and 0 DEX, the damage on the target happen? What is the impact of ASPD on animations? Is it the same as on Adelay only multiplied by 0.9? If so, can WD in the amotion formula be replaced by this basic "cast time" of Double Strafe and then be multiplied by 0.9? And if AGI and DEX is raised, does the impact of damage quickens in a linear manner as in: t=100ms dmg impact with cast time of 300ms implies t=50ms dmg impact with cast time of 150ms?
I apologize for the wall of text and the very detailed question. I'd be very thankful for any answers, especially thankful for answers from developers. Thank you very much.

Best regards
IIIIIIII
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: ASPD (Amation/Adelay) impact on DS (animation)

Postby IIIIIIII » 2019-08-14 11:56 (Wednesday)

I dug some deeper into the code and actually skill_amotion_leniency seems like never to be used anyway. By looking at wushuang calculator and some trial&error my best guess is that amotion applies to skills in the same manner as it does to autoattacks. Therefore e.g. 3 autoattacks/second imply 3 DS/second. I assume the reduction application is linear. I wouldn't know any reason why it shouldn't be. My best guess is that Double Strafe damage impact is somewhere at 1/3 or 1/2 of the time window needed to cast a DS. I'm not sure if distance to the target is a factor or not. By observations it pretty much seems instantaneously, then again I digress since the impact is really minor. That pretty much answers all of my questions.
IIIIIIII
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Return to Payon Archer Guild