Where should I level as level 66 newb hunter?

Discuss about Archers and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Where should I level as level 66 newb hunter?

Postby Chippelchen » 2019-06-04 22:27 (Tuesday)

I'm frustrated. I followed the Wiki which said I should go into the Geffen Tower level 2. I did that and I died so often that I'm kinda frustrated right now. I got 37 AGI and 88 DEX. Is that okay or should I skill into agi more? Moreover I feel like I have to buy traps so often and pots that I barely earn money with selling stuff I found when leveling. Any help is appreciated :( first char here so money at all.
Chippelchen
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Where should I level as level 66 newb hunter?

Postby Kreuzbube » 2019-06-05 00:32 (Wednesday)

Just go for Mi Gaos for a little bit more and then go Stings. Be aware that Fly winging when dangerous mobs come to close to you is a must.
But as long as you keep your distance to those Stings you'll be rewarded with a lot of EXP.
I'd say you should be around 70~75ish to start there.
You usally don't need any traps at all if you play carefully enough.
Although it will be quite difficult to get to the Stings map. As you'll have to fly-wing through several maps of glastheim.

Also you might just want to focus on farming first to get yourself some nice starting gear or to just get some zeny to work with.
If you farm levels will eventually follow.
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Stapo
Stapo

Postby zed638 » 2019-06-05 06:42 (Wednesday)

Hey Chippelchen, first thing you want to do is get a few more lvls, it may be slow but it'll really help and yes start pumping in Agi now, enough of Dex for a while.

Some other places to consider should you be struggling:

1. Geographers (1 map North of Einbroch): Good exp and they're plenty on the map. You can get to 70-72 here easy peasy. The money is not that great but right now, just focus on getting some more lvls to start off with.

2. Orc Ladies and Orc Warriors (Warp to Orc Village from any Kafra): The exp at Orcs isn't the best exp and is much lesser than Geographers but the drops here could help you get some money to gear up your Hunter and go to better lvling spots. The things that sell well on this map are Orc Warrior Cards, Orc Lady Cards, Earrings and just NPC-able stuff like Cyfars, etc..

3. Toy Factory lv 2 (1 map north of Lutie): Easily one of the best maps to make money early on in the game. Kill Myst Cases, Cruisers and Christmas Goblins. They're a really good source of money and decent exp.

Hope this helps. Also, please make sure you're on our Discord channel to get faster responses: http://originsro.org/discord
Main Char: Bacon
zed638
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Discord Username: @CrispyBacon0001

Postby Chippelchen » 2019-06-05 08:27 (Wednesday)

Thanks for your help. Are there any sites which you can recommend leveling wise for less equipped chars? I've checked the Wiki here but a lot of the descriptions seems to be outdated :(

Thanks so far. I'll check the spots.
Chippelchen
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Paternoster » 2019-06-08 13:02 (Saturday)

If it is your very first Char, get at least 18 to 30 Int, so you can use Traps all day long.

now, that your Dex is very low, i suggest to invest more into agility after u got the said INT stat.

normally, its really worth to stat like this, 1 point to dex 1 point to agi, 1 point to dex 1 point to agi, and so on. till you reach 70 agi, 70 Dex~

Once, u can lay traps, and have permant improve concentration, you will farm more zeny than you can think of.

Some good average loot for low lvl hunter using ankle snare are, GH Prison, Goats, Alligator.

There are many ways to Farm/Lvl very efficiently using a Hunter, but since you are just starting out, try to ankle snare+ basic attack first :)
Paternoster
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Return to Payon Archer Guild