Some help to play my Crit battle sage

Discuss about Magicians and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Some help to play my Crit battle sage

Postby Fleur » 2014-02-05 21:25 (Wednesday)

Hybrid aka Battle Sage

STR: 30 - 80
   AGI: 60 - 90
   VIT: 1 - 60
   INT: 73 - 110
   DEX: 35 - 75
   LUK: 1 - 30 *possible to have a CRITICAL built sage*

i saw this build on wiki and i think he can be good but i have some question to stuff this build kobold card can be fine ? or better play int ?
Im waiting your help if possible ! (/hmm)
Fleur
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Some help to play my Crit battle sage

Postby Jackson » 2014-02-06 12:39 (Thursday)

From what I recall, this build is pretty much based around the Dagger of Counter as it aids an exceptional +90 Crit.
But as you can see by the sources: Right now it's (nearly) impossible to acquire it.

In general the Crit Battle Sage aka Crit-Autocaster is a rather advanced build and commonly used by players being tired of conventional builds. I would only advice this to veteran players with an exceptional stock of gears.

If you still want to go for it, I would [personally] aim for the following [without equips, adjust at preference]:

• STR: 55 +5
  • AGI: 95 +5
  • VIT: 1 +3
  • INT: 81 +9
  • DEX: 1 +5
  • LUK: 1 +3

Important note: The Auto-Spell does NOT require the Sage to actually hit the target, therefore the Crit build is really not to be considered an efficient build at all ^^

Alternatively to the Dagger of Counter one could try to rely on more Luk and respective racial-crit cards [+7 to Crit rate and +10% crit-damage], though sacrificing strength for luk will result in an overall damage drop.

Good luck and I am interested in what you eventually go for!
Jackson
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby WindStruck » 2014-02-06 20:28 (Thursday)

Oh good point jackson.  Now that we actually have some numbers nailed down...

I would suggest toning down agi and str a little and adding that to dex. Why? Not just hit rate, but it will decrease your casting time. The really cool thing about battle sage is they can be casting while bonking enemies on the head and throwing auto-bolts at them.
Characters: show
Jahstis: dueling crusader
Mordenkainen: forging blacksmith
Isaera: AoE wizard
WindStruck
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Fleur » 2014-02-07 00:47 (Friday)

yeah hit enemy with 6 dex can be hard 30~~ feel better
Fleur
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Jackson » 2014-02-07 11:20 (Friday)

I think you missed an important point here: Autocast (the chance of casting a Bolt while attacking) is always instantly, therefore rendering any point in dexterity absolutely wasted. Also - as I gave a link to the skill's description - you do not need to hit the enemy to proc a Bolt, plus the 90% crit from Dagger of Counter make any HIT obsolete.

Starting a cast with the Freecast ability (Walk with decreased speed while casting) should not be part of this build.
Jackson
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Mathy » 2014-02-07 12:11 (Friday)

Jackson wrote:
  • STR: 55 +5
  • AGI: 95 +5
  • VIT: 1 +3
  • INT: 81 +9
  • DEX: 1 +5
  • LUK: 1 +3

This build cannot be done here because of that stat hexagon.
Dagger of Counter is a fun build. I hade an SL with that build once. It's not exactly good, though.
What this builds seems to be doing is mixing Autocast Sages (awesome with link, not so good without) with a bit of STR, so their normal hits will still do some damage. With that low dex, you probably won't be switching to books, ever, and that's losing some magical DPS.
Also, if you did 95+5 AGI just to get it on a multiple of 10, you are wasting points: there is no such bonus associated with this stat.
If you wanna do something like that, I'd suggest you wait until Soul Linkers are out, and go near 99 AGI/INT build.
I also wouldn't bother with crit.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Return to Geffen Magician Guild