Looking for some PVM advice.

Discuss about Magicians and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Looking for some PVM advice.

Postby TrickyBuilder » 2021-01-01 16:06 (Friday)

I have been playing RO while watching TV lately and found out that I'm enjoying that combo. I went through several classes and builds and ended up wanting to play a wizzie or sage. Just brings back my nicest RO-related memories.

I was wondering what's a more fun to PvM build for someone (that doesn't rely on alts or parties). A 'bolter' wizzie/sage that deals high damage to single targets or a wizzie that does some nice AoE damage, SG+JT/LoV, you know the drill. Levelling speed not a priority, just looking for classic time.

I've played all this before, but it's been so long that I just can't seem to make up my mind about it.
TrickyBuilder
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Looking for some PVM advice.

Postby Pancake » 2021-01-03 02:20 (Sunday)

It's gonna be slow once you reach 90+ for either option you listed without some kind of support. Mage classes are not good at soloing.

At lower level solo you are limited to SW/FW + bolts for killing Clocks, Alarms, etc. You don't have the DEX to cast strong AoE fast enough yet.

I think the fun options are in smaller parties:

With AoE Wizard you can go for the classic duo with priest: priest tanks mob and cast suffragium on wizard. You can go basically anywhere where magic is good. Common spots: magma dungeon, baylan, niff.

For single bolt, an auto bolter sage is good but you need at least a Soul Linker alt. Any other buffs for ASPD really helps too (Advanced Adrenaline, AGI+). You can kill anolians, goats, seals, etc. This can work solo.
Pancake
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby TrickyBuilder » 2021-01-06 07:56 (Wednesday)

Thanks. I don't think dual clienting is my jam and as much as I want to rebirth a wizzie (always wanted to, first class I ever played), I'm probably better off doing something else. Sage bolter seems doable on paper, but I have distinct memories not being able to outrun most high level mobs with it.

I am probably better off doing something else.
TrickyBuilder
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Alexhawx » 2021-01-14 05:45 (Thursday)

I usually kill greatest generals until j50, just stand 10 cells away from them and cold bolt to death, safe and sound
Alexhawx
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Return to Geffen Magician Guild