Questions regarding Sage Skills

Discuss about Magicians and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Questions regarding Sage Skills

Postby Furianu » 2018-09-26 12:15 (Wednesday)

Hi there, fellow OriginsRO players :3

Since I've never played a Sage I have a few questions regarding their skills.

First of all: How do the ground skills (such as Volcano or Deluge) work? Do they increase the damage of players within the area (for example if a Wizard within Volcano uses a Firebolt on a monster which is outside of Volcano will the damage of FB be increased?) OR does it increase damage of the chosen type WITHIN the area? (for example if a Wizard outside of Volcano uses Meteor Storm on a monster within Volcano will the damage of MS be increased?)

Second: The ground skills also say, that players of the corresponding element will receive a buff. Do you need to have the corresponding card to receive those buffs? For example: Volcano increases the ATK of players with Fire Elemental within. Do I need to wear an armor with a Pasana card to receive this buff?

Those ground spells are really strange o_O

Thank you very much in advance for your replies! :)
Furianu
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Questions regarding Sage Skills

Postby Kintaro » 2018-09-26 15:10 (Wednesday)

Hey Furianu!

For those kind of questions you can most of the times check http://ratemyserver.net/ or https://irowiki.org/classic/Classes
Some people will says rms isnt always accurate but tbh it is most of the time.
To get to your question, http://ratemyserver.net/skill_db.php?skid=285&small=1&back=1 says that people standing IN the skill get the buff
and people that wear elemental enchanted armors receive an atk bonus on their weapons.
Kintaro
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Questions regarding Sage Skills

Postby Jake » 2018-09-28 06:07 (Friday)

Furianu wrote:Hi there, fellow OriginsRO players :3
if a Wizard within Volcano uses a Firebolt on a monster which is outside of Volcano will the damage of FB be increased

Probably yes. I tested with lightning bolt on ratemyserver's test server.
Also, I did 20% more autoattack damage with endow tsunami+deluge on oRO without any armour on.

Furianu wrote:if a Wizard outside of Volcano uses Meteor Storm on a monster within Volcano will the damage of MS be increased?)

I guess it won't be increased.

Furianu wrote:Volcano increases the ATK of players with Fire Elemental within. Do I need to wear an armor with a Pasana card to receive this buff?

Probably yes. I didn't gain any HP from deluge with no armour on.
Jake
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Return to Geffen Magician Guild