Inquiry: Crusader: Devo/GC Build

Discuss about Swordsmen and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Inquiry: Crusader: Devo/GC Build

Postby ykhben » 2015-11-22 09:13 (Sunday)

Hi guys,

I hope the forum is still active aha :D

Anyways, I am struggling with my soon-to-be Crusader build. I would love to make a Devo Crusader without compromising too much on its ability to solo training/level up. Also, I wanted a devo crusader mainly because I would love to 'Tank' for my friends during partying. And I have heard Devo Crusader are needed in WoE  (/heh)

But I don't think I want to go Pure Devo because sometimes when my friends are not online, I would want to be able to train alone. It has been challenging to balance both but using RMS stat and skill calculator, I manage to come up with more or less a Devo/GC build that I wanted. I just thought of asking other's opinion before proceeding, since we don't have a Resetter NPC (Which is great because it really forces me to think how to create a build) and I don't wanna mess up half-way after going a long way hahaha  (/heh)

Please don't hesitate to give your honest opinion. Its my first time at-tempting to create a build from nothing and I would love to learn as much. I am still not familiar with Ori RO mechanics so it would be wonderful if someone can share a little about that as well (especially on stats). Anyways here goes:

Crusader Devo/GC Build

Stats
Str: 2
Agi: 9
Vit: 63
Int: 64
Dex: 87
Luk: 1

Skills

HP Recovery: 10
Bash: 10
Provoke: 9
Magnum Break: 10
Endure: 10

Cure: 1
Riding: 1
Faith: 10
Auto Guard: 10
Shield Charge: 3
Shield Boomerang: 3
Reflect Shield: 5
Holy Cross: 6
Grand Cross: 5
Devotion: 5

I didn't get Defender because I heard Devotion and Defender have some skill animation or mechanics problem. I am not sure how true is that so its not worth getting, or so I have heard.

Let me know your feedbacks soon, if any!  (/lv)

Cheers

Ben
ykhben
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Inquiry: Crusader: Devo/GC Build

Postby Kreuzbube » 2015-11-22 21:24 (Sunday)

Little bit more VIT and less DEX might not hurt.
But I think for Devotion crusader that decision is kind of difficult to make.
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Stapo
Stapo

Postby ykhben » 2015-11-23 07:38 (Monday)

Hi Kreuzbube,

I know right? Still in a dilemma and I still haven't even create the character yet hahahha. But I like your input. It made sense that I want to be more 'tanky' and it seems that I can afford to cast longer since, if I am 'devo-ing', I will probably be at the back most of the time while partying.

I have heard that Pre-Renewal Devotion have a long cast time. I've never used a Devo Crus before so I wouldn't know.

I tried checking RMS and it says: "1.5 sec, + fixed cast time 1.5 sec (Renewal only)"

But how long would it be in OriginsRO actually?

Thanks in advance for ya'll input. Really appreciate it!  (/lv)  (/no1)

Cheers

Ben
ykhben
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Kreuzbube » 2015-11-23 17:07 (Monday)

It's 3 seconds cast time on oRO,
as it is also stated on iRO Wiki Classic: http://irowiki.org/classic/Devotion

I suggest you to use iRO Wiki Classic instead of RMS, since it's information is more accurate related to oRO.
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Stapo
Stapo

Postby ykhben » 2015-11-24 08:20 (Tuesday)

That's good to know. Think I can compromise abit on Dex in that case. Thanks so much for ya input! Yea I should prolly use iRO Wiki frm now on for oRO :D
ykhben
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Return to Izlude Swordsman Guild