SVD knight build

Discuss about Swordsmen and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

SVD knight build

Postby Shinryu » 2014-11-17 14:50 (Monday)

Good afternoon server!

So when I heard that you need some more WoE-able people to start fighting, I had to choose between BS and knight. And as you can see from my avatar, I decided to make a chicken-rider!

I dont have much experience with this class and my knowledge of this episode is also quite rusty, so I would like to ask you for your opinions and advices about my future build.

After some calculations, I came up with two builds, both SVD with some differences:

Hybrid build:

http://calcx.wushuang.ws/?cahbLaYbGaObi ... uaaaakaaaa
First is hybrid with high str, quite high vit, high dex and med. agi. He doesnt have too much HPs and top asura monks can simply one-shot him. What he lacks in terms of survivabity he gains in DPS. He can get quite high ASPD and hit, aspd for BB/pierce spam and also for counter attack usability for boss tanking. He can break emperium quite fast, pierce-spam mvps and spam BB on enemy bragi. He also has one more str over the tank build so he can have masquerade instead of AWE on mid-head.

Vit-tank build:

http://calcx.wushuang.ws/?cahbLaYbFalbC ... uaaaakaaaa
Second build is pure tank with 100 total vit, which means lot of HP, good vitDEF, high potions efficiency and overall good chance to survive a lot of enemy dmg. His lower dex and agi means around 20% less DPS compared to the hybrid build, which can mean alot when fighting for MVP with a hunter or wizard, he also doesnt have enough aspd to spam counter attack against mvp with ads. I would call this build a brick wall with spikes.

So what would I like to do with my build? I would like to tank. I like to play with a party, to tank that huge boss monster with his evil red look, to mob lot of monsters for my friends under SG, to be the first to arrive on the battlefield and the last to die. All this sounds like a great opportnunity for the vit tank build. But this server is very small, so Im not sure if I will ever have to tank that much dmg on woe or that I will find a good party to tank for them. Im quite afraid that majority of the game for me will be solo-mobbing with BB and solo-piercing mvps , which supports the idea of the hybrid build.

Skills are the same for both builds:
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/kn ... morKbxeDcK

Swordman skills are pretty straight-forward with prereqs. and important provoke, endure and HP recovery.
Knight skills - BB is simply a must for me if I want to do any serious DPS, Pierce as a 1v1 for MVPs, lvling at HOs/minorous/anything medium/large. Spear boomerang is quite new thing for me, dont have much experience with it. In theory it might be my only chance in some pvp fights against ranged classes, during woe it should work as an opener before I charge enemy, to do something when Im trapped, to spread ranged status like sleep/stun/curse/silence, but also to aggro monsters that attack party members and cant be provoked, like undeads and boss monsters. Need some more uses for that skill (saw some awesome video of Doddler kiting MVPs with spear boomerang..), so if you can add any useful info here, tell me!

Well thats it. What do you think? Which one might work better on this server?

Im really sorry for the wall of text and for my bad english :-P
Shinryu Retired
Dreadnought "Meow."
Duncan Idaho"Meow."
Daedauls "Meow."
Shinryu
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: SVD knight build

Postby Mathy » 2014-11-18 01:37 (Tuesday)

(You kinda forgot the armor in some builds, BTW)

Hmm, you may or may not like this, but as a str char who has a lot of HP, you should consider +9 shoes with Antique Firelock. +2 STR and the best HP bonus you can get.
Also, forget about Masquerade. Get Wings, always, and place that extra STR point you just saved into Vit so you can survive better.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Jake » 2014-11-18 10:27 (Tuesday)

Hi.
I believe antique firelock and wings are pretty much trash because going from say 100 VIT to 101 VIT increases your HP by 0.5% and item recovery by 0.5%. Consider opera masque, your masquerade and fin helm.

You can survive most asura strikes if you get around 100 VIT. Consult an asura calc for more info.

Charge attack might work as a substitute for spear boomerang (when it is obtainable in the future).

If you are quick enough, you can interrupt spell casting with spear boomerang.

I personally would go with a more aggressive build+ 2handed sword in WoE mostly for fun. I mean, we have so much HP, item recovery and carrying capacity that we can survive most attacks anyway. Of course I would switch to a shield when entering emp room. Also know that each point of VIT is significantly less useful for swordsman classes than it is for other classes with respect to item recovery.

Stun bash high AGI, low VIT chars in WoE. Cast magnum break first so that you will not miss due to accuracy.

Good luck.
Jake
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Mathy » 2014-11-18 15:38 (Tuesday)

Ughh, I thought Masquerade was something else. The names always get me.

Yeah, keep it, and hotkey a Fin Helm.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

Postby Shinryu » 2014-11-18 16:55 (Tuesday)

Mathy:
Forgot armor because.. its not important for the calculation at all, it will be either silk robe with ED for woe/pvp and full plate with pecopeco or element cards for PvE/MVP.
Firelock in +9 boots is out of discussion, it took me over 3 months to make it on my last server and it had higher drop rate there.. dont want to spend half of my time here by frustrating upgrading. If I ever get it, I can just replace the mantis rings with mantis rosaries with the same build.
With the masquerade, you sound confused, so not sure what you mean.
Btw, your signature is hypnotizing  :roll:

Jake:
Whats the reason for that Opera masque? Is it different on this server, like some hidden stat or something? If not, iron cain+fin helm has more def. But I need some correction here for the server settings.
Sure I calced dmg from asura. 19k average dmg from asura monk with the current settings, so I can survive the usual WoE monk who has good equip only with equipped pecopeco card and fully potted. But I guess that not every monk will be top-built and equiped. So I should survive majority of them.
Charge isnt here yet and when it will be implemented, I guess we will be close to rebirth, so I will jsut change to lord knight  :D
2h weapon for WoE is.. no, just no. Thats against my beliefs. Only if I will ever make Executioner sword :) But I will make a new knight for that.
Not sure what you mean by that "Also know that each point of VIT is significantly less useful for swordsman classes than it is for other classes with respect to item recovery." Can you explain why, please?  :)  I thought that its the opposite - every point of vit adds 0.75% item recovery with HP-recov skill instead of 0.5% as for other classes.

Anyway, thank you for your answers! But Im still undecided..  :lol:  so more opinions are welcomed
Shinryu Retired
Dreadnought "Meow."
Duncan Idaho"Meow."
Daedauls "Meow."
Shinryu
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Jake » 2014-11-18 17:14 (Tuesday)

Opera masque does not have any hidden bonuses. I asked you to consider it because it is much easier to get than fin helm+iron cain.

"Also know that each point of VIT is significantly less useful for swordsman classes than it is for other classes with respect to item recovery."
It's difficult for me to explain this, but I will try: It is because the bonus from VIT stacks with the bonus from Increase HP recovery skill. A swordie with 100 VIT will heal 2x from items compared to a swordie with 0 VIT. On the other hand, a non-swordie with 100 VIT will heal 3x from items compared to the same with 0 VIT. If you don't believe me you should learn the formula like I did: http://irowiki.org/classic/Restoration_Items
Jake
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Shinryu » 2014-11-20 16:23 (Thursday)

Thank you Jake. Still, more vit = more potion-recovery, even if its smaller increase  :D . Im still undecided, lvl 78 currently and no idea if I will keep adding vit or start with some agi. Damn decisions!
Shinryu Retired
Dreadnought "Meow."
Duncan Idaho"Meow."
Daedauls "Meow."
Shinryu
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Zenr » 2014-12-10 16:46 (Wednesday)

Jake wrote:"Also know that each point of VIT is significantly less useful for swordsman classes than it is for other classes with respect to item recovery."
It's difficult for me to explain this, but I will try: It is because the bonus from VIT stacks with the bonus from Increase HP recovery skill. A swordie with 100 VIT will heal 2x from items compared to a swordie with 0 VIT. On the other hand, a non-swordie with 100 VIT will heal 3x from items compared to the same with 0 VIT. If you don't believe me you should learn the formula like I did: http://irowiki.org/classic/Restoration_Items

This is false. The formula of HP recovered per potion is equal for every class, HP recovery doesn't fix a disadvantage, it grants an advantage.
Zenr
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Mathy » 2014-12-11 01:21 (Thursday)

Zenr wrote:
Jake wrote:"Also know that each point of VIT is significantly less useful for swordsman classes than it is for other classes with respect to item recovery."

This is false. The formula of HP recovered per potion is equal for every class, HP recovery doesn't fix a disadvantage, it grants an advantage.

But he never denied that.

He means it proportionally, not in absolute values. I don't know about the mathematical validity of his point because I haven't checked it, but it does NOT assume any sord of class-based advantage. What it does assume is that Increase HP Recovery stacks additively with the Vit bonus, thus you benefit less (in proportional terms) from points into vit if you have the skill maxed compared to someone who doesn't.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

Return to Izlude Swordsman Guild