Swordsman to Grandcros Crusader Leveling help please!

Discuss about Swordsmen and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Swordsman to Grandcros Crusader Leveling help please!

Postby dilee » 2016-10-09 20:39 (Sunday)

Hi everyone! I'm currently struggling to level my swordsman up and was wondering if I could have some advice.

My stats are currently as follows:
Base Level : 41    Job Level: 31
Str = 21
Agi =10
Vit = 40
Int = 18
Dex = 29
Luk = 1

I would really like to be a Grandcross Crusader. I've watched a few videos and the character looks like a lot of fun. However I have no idea where to level up. Several kind players have recommended Wolves, and I'm having a great time there. Should I stay there until I hit job 50? If not, could I have some recommendations as to where to go?
dilee
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Swordsman to Grandcros Crusader Leveling help please!

Postby Miso » 2016-10-09 22:44 (Sunday)

For starters I'd suggest rereading about the stats needed to make grand cross work (int/dex/vit mostly). Most GC Crusaders I've talked to went for the 90+ int first because one shotting stuff makes everything easier. Also, by going for the 90 int first you can use weapons that grant skills, like Ice Falchion for Cold Bolt and Fireblend for Fire Bolt which make leveling easier.

Your leveling spots may vary, but wolves are always easy to kill and their loot is very, very valuable (strawberries). If you have access to any Bolt skills you can go for mi gaos in louyang. Once you're crusader you can try out orc dungeon 1 and go for orc dungeon 2 when you're comfortable.
Miso
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby dilee » 2016-10-09 22:54 (Sunday)

Ah, well, I only got STR to help me level up since I wasn't hitting anything hard enough otherwise. Should I remake my character?

Edit: I'm brand new, so I don't have access to any of those fancy things.
dilee
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Miso » 2016-10-09 23:12 (Sunday)

I personally would remake, as it would just lead to headaches further along the way. Post your character name so I can hook you up with an ice falchion.
Miso
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby dilee » 2016-10-09 23:14 (Sunday)

My in-game name is dilee. Thanks, I appreciate it!!
dilee
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Kreuzbube » 2016-10-10 08:37 (Monday)

Having 18 STR(Although you got 21, still not a catastrophe) doesn't hurt, it adds to your weight limit
and makes Magnum Break Leveling with a heavy Weapon like Lance easy at Wolves. (You should 1 hit them).
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Stapo
Stapo

Postby Berry » 2016-10-10 10:24 (Monday)

I run 32 base STR on my GC, and she does well enough. You don't really have to remake with those stats. Other than that I agree with Miso.
Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Wanna get the number to that super hot blacksmith you saw the other day? PM me on:
Cranberry
Dewberry
Blackberry
...Or various other Berries
Berry
Player
Player
Stapo
Stapo

Postby dilee » 2016-10-10 12:29 (Monday)

Kreuzbube wrote:Having 18 STR(Although you got 21, still not a catastrophe) doesn't hurt, it adds to your weight limit
and makes Magnum Break Leveling with a heavy Weapon like Lance easy at Wolves. (You should 1 hit them).

Wait, really? So if I buy a lance, I can use magnum break to one-shot wolves? Oh no! I didn't know that and I haven't put any points into magnum break!

Berry wrote:I run 32 base STR on my GC, and she does well enough. You don't really have to remake with those stats. Other than that I agree with Miso.

That's good to know! Thanks!
dilee
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Kreuzbube » 2016-10-10 14:53 (Monday)

If you have a VVS Lance +4 you'll one hit them even easier :P
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Stapo
Stapo

Postby Damocles » 2016-10-11 09:23 (Tuesday)

I would remake as well. INT is the stat which is most important for a GC crusader.

Personally I take INT to 99 base before doing any other stats. A total of 105 INT is what you want asap. AGI and LUK generally are a waste on a GC crusader. Aside from the starting stats that have to go to these, you shouldn't put any stats in them.

To level as a swordman I prefer a fireblend (firebolt lvl 3). With enough INT it's possible to kill wolves with one firebolt. Quite soon it's possible to level on mi_gaos. If you have saved up the strawberries from the wolves you will reach job 50 even faster here. After the job change you will get the grand cross skill, and possibly the heal skill. Then you will be happy with all the INT.

A fireblend can be bought for 900k. The first level of payon dungeon is a way every char can get some zeny. A shield with a thara frog card is something you will really want by the time you start using GC.
Damocles
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Next

Return to Izlude Swordsman Guild