Knight WOE build

Discuss about Swordsmen and derived classes. Note that this isn't the place where to post guides (those should go into our wiki), but to discuss builds and ask for help.

Knight WOE build

Postby Asterix » July 13th, 2017, 10:22 pm

Hey guys,

So I am building a Knight for WOE and I am following this guide:
http://bbs.originsro.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=860 (scroll down a bit the knight build is at the beginning of the second post)
http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/kn ... lkrKbqeBcK
http://calcx.wushuang.ws/?cahbLaYbEapbC ... uaaaaHaaaa

The guide is really great, I read it all and I might use it for others classes, but I still have unanswered questions, I hope you can help.

So my first question is: As you can see there is 5 spare skills points. the guide says that Optional points are spent on magnum break, provoke and 2H Mastery. Where would you put them and why?

Second question:  I don't know much about what equipement is available on OriginsRO so I would like to know if the adviced stuff is accurate here? is there any room for improvment?

Thank you!
Asterix
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Knight WOE build

Postby Kintaro » July 14th, 2017, 11:21 am

Okay,

your choice of skills is somewhat questionable :)
Generally, 1h/2h/spear masteries are negligible in the grand scheme of things. They wont add too much damage.
In broad terms, the less you rely on dps and the more you rely on burst damage like bowling bash, the less it matters.

So with your stat distribution, you are most of the time going to rely on using a spear, doing damage with bowling bash, trying to spread status with spear boomerang.

Here is a potentially improved spread for your skills: http://irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/kn ... morKbxeBcK
Essentially you max out the swordie skills that have some use in WoE while also being excellent in pvm scenarioes (endure10 is great in all regards woe/pvp/pvm).
Provoke is a very situational skill so you might leave it at 5 and put the points somewhere else. I dont see much use in skilling Magnum Break beyond 3.

Speaking about Knight, you definitely want pierce. Essentially its bash without the stun chance and half the sp cost. Extremely valuable for pvping/pvming as well.
Still leaves you with 2 skill points. Id probably put it into spear stab for PvP shenanigans.
Kintaro
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Asterix » July 14th, 2017, 1:10 pm

Hey!

Thanks for your answer. I am not asking for a new build though but much more about where I should spend the extra 5 points on this specific build.
Asterix
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Jake » July 14th, 2017, 3:06 pm

First question:

Magnum break does almost the same thing as bowling bash. No need to put points here.

2H sword mastery helps break emperium with 2H quicken. It is too easy to counter a 2handed knight. For this to work, your guild needs to kill most of the defending members before attacking the emperium, but in that case, there is no need to destroy the emperium quickly.

Provoke when successful interrupts spellcasting even on devotioned targets. It will fail against evil druild wearers. Also you can leave your guild to provoke friendlies to greatly boost their damage. I suggest you put all the points here to increase the success chance.

Second question:

I usually search for the item in the control panel to see if it is available on the server. The items given in that guide look top notch. You could use a Zealotus Mask for more damage. If you don't like switching weapons, then use a double bloody double boned pike. With that you can immediately spear boomerang when you see a wizard start casting, and avoid the delay or difficulty of switching weapons all the time.
Jake
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Asterix » July 15th, 2017, 5:35 pm

Before posting I was Actually thinking about spending them in 2H sword mastery but you made a point here: better stay alive with thara on and kill everybody and once it's done no need to break emp fast... So I'll go for provoke 10 then, and it's maxed out in Kintaro's skill build too so I guess this is important skill. Thanks.

I really don't know if I like switching weapons or not. I have to play a bit in WOE to check that.
I did put 10 on 1H mastery anyway and since I'll go for provoke 10 I could use it on wizards if I am far away (hoping they don't have evil druid) so you know what? I'll make this saber and give a try at my switching weapon skills. If I suck at it I'll go for your double bloody double boned pike advice and just sell the saber.

Speaking about pike, this guide tell that "you can put some status cards into a spear such as a pike[4] and use spear boomerang or other attacks to inflict status effects."  
There are so many cards and so much status... What pike would you do and why?

Thanks!

ps: (have my poo poo hat, a raydric card and made a silk robe+7 so far... slowly getting there :p)
Asterix
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Jake » July 15th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Some ailments are greatly resisted by vitality. Dancers already do a great job of hindering low vitality players.

Blind and chaos are somewhat resisted. It will work against casual players who don't like to use green potions. So, even if you make it work, it probably won't feel very satisfactory.

Sleep is resisted by intelligence and luck. So non-wizards will be vulnerable. Imagine the best case scenario where your opponents are on their way to your emperium, and you sleep some of them on the road. They will be undermanned for the offense.

If you are facing a lot of physical attackers, try switching to a demon pungus or dark frame.
Roughly half of the players default to evil druid by the way (I can see easily because I play priest).
Jake
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Return to Izlude Swordsman Guild