OriginsRO just closes after launching

Post here to ask for technical support with your game client, patcher, kRO/Sakray Setup
Forum rules
****** !!! A T T E N T I O N !!! ******

Before opening a new support request or replying to an existing one, please make sure you read the General Troubleshooting Instructions.
Only if the instructions described there don't resolve - or don't apply to - your issue, please open a new thread, stating what you did so far.

Any requests that clearly don't follow these instructions may be ignored, locked, or deleted.

****** !!! A T T E N T I O N !!! ******

OriginsRO just closes after launching

Postby Dish » 2018-05-28 07:52 (Monday)

I'm on an updated win7 with UAC disabled. No aero/dwm either.

I can run the launcher and the patcher fine. When I hit play the launcher closes, the executable icon is briefly in the taskbar, and then it closes itself.

No error messages. The files in the log folder are empty. This win7 install has ran official and private RO servers in the past, although I haven't tried any in quite a few years.

Not entirely sure what else is relevant to include. I have a 1440p 165Hz monitor + 1080p 60Hz monitor connected right now and a gtx 1070. I looked at the guide to add a DEP exception and did, and the permissions aren't relevant but I set them anyway. The game folder is in C:\OriginsRO. I don't have an antivirus or anything that would be killing the exe active.

I tried closing extra stuff (putty / vms / etc) and messing around with settings to see if that helped. So far, nothing has.

edit: Fixed it. Borderless fullscreen causes it to not launch. That's unfortunate.

edit2: It also seems like I am stuck at using a lower resolution than my monitor, because the window abruptly closes if I go anywhere near the monitor's resolution. It doesn't seem to allow me to drag to resize, either.
Dish
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: OriginsRO just closes after launching

Postby dunston » 2018-05-28 16:58 (Monday)

For me this sometimes happens when I launch and it's decided to forget the "Graphic device" from the settings. Double check it's not trying to launch off 3dHal or some shite like that.

The client might need to be added to your GPU settings for it to recognise it if it's not appearing.

Saying that I don't play full screen etc I play 1600x900 mini screen.
dunston
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Bloody_Food » 2018-09-12 01:14 (Wednesday)

Having tried to swtich my graphics device to my actual graphics card, I on the other hand have seen no progress.
\What do you mean by the client might need to be added to our GPU settings for it to recognise?

Thanks
Bloody_Food
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Lios » 2018-09-12 08:37 (Wednesday)

I got similar issue but the reason was incorrect sound setup.
Lios
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby jnekha » 2018-09-20 03:41 (Thursday)

Same issue here. I was playing perfectly fine yesterday.
Could it be my anti virus program? I couldn't find anything been blocked or in quarantine.
jnekha
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby jnekha » 2018-09-20 04:31 (Thursday)

Try this. Just got it resolved. It's the DEP
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1264
jnekha
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Return to Technical Support