Mobbing Tutorial

Mobbing Tutorial

Postby Stretta » 2018-06-10 16:03 (Sunday)

Hi, gang! (/gawi)
Since party leveling becomes more & more common with the increasing number of players,
i made a quick Tutorial video. This will hopefully help newer pullers to avoid common mistakes.
Aswell as improve parties' performance overall.

Main message is:
Don't kill your team when you can help it!
Be reasonable when it comes to rivaling other parties!
And let's get into Juperos, lads!

https://youtu.be/kz_Nl97I12U
Last edited by Stretta on 2018-06-10 22:12 (Sunday), edited 1 time in total.
Stretta
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Discord Username: Stretta#7162

Re: Mobbing Tutorial

Postby andis » 2018-06-10 17:15 (Sunday)

Impressive and very professional Video.

why wasn't this a thing 10 years ago (/heh)

Keep it up (/no1)
(/go)  (/go)  (/go)  (/go)  (/heh)  (/heh)  (/heh)  (/x)  (/o)  (/x)  (/o)
andis
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Postby Haru » 2018-06-10 21:30 (Sunday)

Thank you for sharing strategies with the other fellow players! Gameplay guides are always welcome, and are very helpful especially to new players.

I have various concerns about this video though, and there are some parts that could be tweaked a bit.

Mobbing is allowed by the ToS, but severely frowned upon, so I'd avoid being in a gray area by encouraging it without clarifying some parts. The most worrisome part is that it mentions dividing fairly, without any further clarification on its meaning, which is potentially misleading for new players. The relevant part of the ToS says:

This means that all players should be able to mob with the same ease, and mobs shouldn't be dragged from too far away from wherever they are going to be killed. Therefore, mobbing the entire map, or getting too many monsters to follow a player character before actually killing them, can greatly harm another player's ability to use that map for their purposes. This is not only discouraged, but shall be met with punishment.

With emphasis on:

- Mobs shouldn't be dragged too far away from wherever they're going to be killed: this is clearly not what the novice featured in the video does, and possibly other of the characters seen there.
- Getting too many monster to follow a player character before actually killing them, can greatly harm another player [...]: this usually includes every case of a stationary party, like the otters one shown in the video.

I've seen many players believing that "sharing fairly" implies dividing the map in two halves, and each party over-mobs in one of them. This is not what we meant (and we'll follow-up with an official clarification to the ToS document if necessary). Dividing fairly implies not holding onto the mobs, not dragging them across the map, but rather, killing them as soon as possible (i.e. having the party follow the mobber, so that it won't hold them for a long time, regardless of whether the amount is seen as sufficient). And this should happen even if the other parties on the map are smaller, or are solo players (or, my personal preference, even if no one else is on the map)
Last edited by Kreuzbube on 2018-06-10 21:30 (Sunday), edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix typo for my boss-chan
Haru
Admin
Admin
Stapo
Stapo

IRC nickname: Haru

Postby Stretta » 2018-06-10 21:30 (Sunday)

Thanks, Haru.
(/hmm) Yeah i can see it being a problem. I don't wanna cause any harm so i'll reupload with
some added clarification. Probably during the "novice" segment.
Stretta
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Fakor » 2018-06-20 02:42 (Wednesday)

why did not you speak about Medusas in beach_dun?
Fakor
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Stretta » 2018-06-23 13:31 (Saturday)

Theres not much to say. The layout of the map is terrible (narrow corridors, lots of dead-ends).
You need a protection from Stone Curse if you wanna gather a decently big mob.
The map is not popular. People usualy go there only when Medusas are Mob of the Day.
And even then parties are usualy small & just "walk" through the map.

All that to get what? Flame whips, Pearls and her Card? (that you need to even start mobbing this map seriously)
Might aswell go north cave & farm Stalactic Golems for tons of Elu & some Great Nature, almost the same EXP
and you dont even need party there.
Stretta
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Lios » 2018-06-25 21:29 (Monday)

Awesome video!

Any tips for other quality places?

How mobbable are ct4, ctb4, jupe 2, turtles?

A bit tired of otters and nif, maybe ppl will start farming other places.
Lios
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Return to Gameplay Guides