The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

Postby Franky4Fingers » 2017-10-17 13:38 (Tuesday)

With WoE seeing a comeback in the recent weeks, I felt like writing a guide on Breaker Assassins. Having myself enjoyed mine for some time now, I feel it’s a very rewarding job to play when built correctly. It can be played solo if you feel like messing around. Played in a guild while being buffed by a priest will make you even more potent and can get your guild the emperium break in clutch moments. This build thrives in chaotic fights  :twisted:  Last WoE (14/10/2017) was a good illustration of its potential: I managed to get 5 breaks while playing solo, competing against multiple buffed up knights and sins.

I hope you guys enjoy the read (/gawi)

EDITS: corrected blind and confusion resistances credits to Jake for spotting the error  (/no1)

The Breaker
 
Image

The focus of this build is pretty straightforward: your only goal is to shatter the Emperium. The main idea behind the build is to maximize your DPS while trying to reach 100% status immunity for most statuses in order to have uninterrupted DPS on the Emp. With a combination of VIT + LUK, you can reach a better status immunity than with 99 VIT builds, see for yourselves:

Image        99 vit build

Image    VIT + LUK build

One of the main argument for 99 Vit characters is the potential chance to tank Asura Strike. I believe that in this server, most monks are well geared and experienced, and you can’t tank Asura Strike unless you are a Knight with 20k+ HP. Hell, even a 99 full VIT crusader I used quite often couldn’t tank a proper Asura. Plus, Assassin Dagger nerf has rendered all SVD Assassin builds moot ( (/hmm) RIP Assassin Dagger, 2013-2017)

As an Assassin you want to be free of constraints, being able to move in and out as you wish, while staying hidden for the most part. As a matter of fact, you are more useful to your team hidden than out in the open and this for many reasons that I will explain later. You want to be immune to statuses so that you can be doing consistent damage on the Emperium without being interrupted. LUK not only provides here the needed status resistance for that, but also allows you to triple your damage by giving you anywhere between 80%-100% critical rate, depending on your LUK and Gloria), allowing you to reach insane uninterruptible DPS on the EMP.

Many people argue that Knights are better than Sins at anything they do. While I do agree that they outclass them in almost all aspects (tanking, DPS, status application via BB and so on), I believe that a well-built breaker sin will do a better job at breaking than any other on the emperium, and this for many reasons:

•        First off, the critical rate. When a Knight does 200 damage on a normal hit to the emp and has a 50% chance of doing a 600 critical hit, a crit Sin will have a slightly lower damage, but much higher critical rate which makes your DPS on the emp much better, while being 99% immune to most statuses (provided you wear a nightmare + ED card). No matter how you look at it, you can’t match it with any other job
•        The assassins have smaller sprite than Knights, you can easily hide behind the cloud of pecos and let them eat all asuras and dispels. You have enough VIT to outpot any damage that is not Asura Strike.
•        You can cloak and sneak in in the emp room, wait for knights to go first, than use First Aid to position yourself on top of a knight.

Combat tips:

•        Use box of resentment on the emp. A non-negligible +20 ATK that can make the difference.
•        It’s in your best interest to reveal yourself only at the emperium. The rest of the time you want to be cloaked and here is why:
       o        You can get sniped by a monk easily if not cloaked.
       o        Your move speed is 120% when cloaking along the walls.
       o        You can get dispelled, and as a breaker you want to keep all your buffs on you as much as possible as those are very important to your overall DPS.
       o        Staying hidden will mess with the enemy team’s minds, knowing that you could be somewhere in the emp room waiting for an opportunity to break, they will usually send people with sight/ruwach to check the emp (which ends up weakening the precast)
•        Use gear swapping situationally. Cranial Buckler + Fortune Sword when hidden in the castle, swap to your katar once on the emp. Marc/Swordfish card for precast, back to ED once precast is broken. Stick to your nightmare card on the headgear.
•        Once you managed to break for your guild, swap to your status jur with arrow and go ham with Grimtooth. From my experience, a combination of mute + curse seriously cripples the enemy’s damage dealers. Monks have to hold on to their Asura Strike because curse reduces the damage input by 25% and wizards can’t use skills while muted. What’s even better is that you can spam grimtooth with no fear of your attacks canceling the effect, as it would be the case for Sleep or Confusion.

To wrap it up

Assassins are in a very bad spot in Pre-Trans WoE. Playing SVD assassins makes you a mediocre Knight at best: you have a slower movement speed, you can’t tank Asura, you have slower attack speed, and overall lower DPS. This is why I think hybrid assassins are the best in PT WoE settings.
That is all for now, thanks for reading and see you on the battlefield for some more action packed (Sunday hopefully) WoEs

As final illustration: WoE 18/11/2017, clutch solo  take vs 3 guilds on emp at the last minute :-)

Solo Break Highlights #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-LZL_dWtp8

Solo Break Highlights #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH_wPumB0bs&t=138s

Image
(/gawi)

Credits go to Roda Frog, a player I met in a previous server who shared with me his Poison/Critical hybrid build, that inspired me with the core aspects of it.
Last edited by Franky4Fingers on 2017-12-20 12:03 (Wednesday), edited 6 times in total.
Franky4Fingers - Farmer Rogue
F4F - Hybrid Sin
User avatar
Franky4Fingers
Player
Player
Marin
Marin
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 2016-10-13 14:54 (Thursday)
Gender: Male

Re: The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

Postby Jake » 2017-10-17 16:33 (Tuesday)

Those status resistances look impossibly high. You can't be sure this server uses the same formulas, or can you?

I think experienced players will have high VIT, so I think grimtooth with silence+curse should not be a big problem for them.

Other than those, great guide. Thank you.
User avatar
Jake
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 2014-08-29 21:07 (Friday)
Gender: Male

Re: The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

Postby Franky4Fingers » 2017-10-18 04:20 (Wednesday)

Thanks for the kind words.

I am using the status resistance formulas from this source here:
http://forum.ratemyserver.net/guides/gu ... re-renewal

EDIT: for some reason, the link doesn't seem to lead to the page I am referring to  :?: but if you google it "official status resistance formulas" you'll find it.

Obviously I can never be sure that the server apply these exactly. But I took the risk, and from the many WoEs I played with the sin, it feels just like that. Note that there are 2 columns, one considering Gloria, one without. The stun resistance is basically calculated this way: every point of VIT gives you 1 %, while every 5 points of luk give you the same. Let's say you have 80 total vit, and 70 total luk, that would give you 80% + 14% = 94% + another 5% from gloria's 30 LUK, for a total of 99% stun/mute resist. The comparative advantage to the full VIT build is in the fact that LUK helps in ALL status resistances, to a lower extent (just like for stun immunity).

Regarding silence + curse, you can check this video from last year
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/124131264

It was the early days of me playing that build, but you can see a sequence around 31:20 for example that im giving monks a hard time with curse.
Last edited by Franky4Fingers on 2017-10-26 09:30 (Thursday), edited 1 time in total.
Franky4Fingers - Farmer Rogue
F4F - Hybrid Sin
User avatar
Franky4Fingers
Player
Player
Marin
Marin
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 2016-10-13 14:54 (Thursday)
Gender: Male

Re: The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

Postby Jake » 2017-10-18 15:46 (Wednesday)

The link does not work because the forum does not recognize the final closing bracket as part of the link.

Based on my interpretation of those formulas:

The 5:1 ratio you mentioned only holds true against things that have a 50% base chance (such as lvl5 scream and lvl10 cart termination). Against lvl5 hammer fall (which has a 70% base chance to stun), the ratio becomes 7:1. Against a single savage babe card the ratio is 0.5:1. For the first stun resist calculation, you seem to have considered a base chance of 100% (but there is no player skill that has a 100% base chance to stun/silence/bleed).

For your stone curse/freeze/sleep calculation, you seem to have overvalued luck by a factor of 10. You must have accidentally put an extra zero for the coefficient of luck.

Gloria does not make you more vulnerable to blind. Quite the opposite.  8-)

I saw the video. I think if the monk was prepared and motivated enough, he would have had 100-ish VIT or used a panacea and snapped away. Monks with 100-ish VIT are still really strong. The last WoE video on the forum is proof-ish of that. I think that the players that you will want to disable badly are most likely going to be immune.
User avatar
Jake
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 2014-08-29 21:07 (Friday)
Gender: Male

Re: The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

Postby Franky4Fingers » 2017-10-19 08:28 (Thursday)

a single savage babe card the ratio is 0.5:1. For the first stun resist calculation, you seem to have considered a base chance of 100% (but there is no player skill that has a 100% base chance to stun/silence/bleed).

I think your understanding here is correct, as the guy says his thread, "The lower the base chance, the more effective Luk gets, while on higher base chances Vit is more important."
However, and i quote him
Chance is written in 1000 = 100%. So if the resulting value is "1" that would mean there is a 0.1% chance to get afflicted.
Duration is in milliseconds (1000ms = 1 seconds).


I have used 300 as base chance, which actually translates to 30% (I used 30% for all calculation except for freeze and stone where I used 50% considering Stone Curse and Storm Gust success chances). I double checked my calc, you can check with me below :-)
Z3 cell refers to my LUK amount
Image

Gloria does not make you more vulnerable to blind. Quite the opposite.  8-)


Thanks for spotting this mistake ! I double checked, and guess what, the resistances to both blind and confusion are better than I thought lol, see below. I will edit the original post accordingly later on.

Image

I also double checked the stone/freeze calculation, this one is all good though.

Regarding the status application on Monks and such, at the end of the day, it is not the strong suit of the Sin. Yes it can help punish glass canon built damage dealers, but the build is mostly for breaking the emp as I mentioned at the start  ;)
One good thing though is that it kinda forces monks to go heavy in VIT, which makes knights less likely to die to them. So there's that.

Cool to see that there is still food for thoughts despite the game being 16 yo lol
Franky4Fingers - Farmer Rogue
F4F - Hybrid Sin
User avatar
Franky4Fingers
Player
Player
Marin
Marin
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 2016-10-13 14:54 (Thursday)
Gender: Male

Re: The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

Postby Jake » 2017-10-19 15:05 (Thursday)

I wouldn't generalize stone curse and freeze to a 50% base chance if I were you. According to the wiki, lvl10 stone curse has a 60% base chance and every third hit of storm gust has a 150% base chance to freeze. Likewise I wouldn't generalize stun/silence/bleed to 30%. I would consider 50% base for stun as I think scream is the most common source of stun in WoE.

You didn't tell what immunity means exactly. There are many ways to define it, and depending on your definition, your math could be correct or incorrect. For example, if your character reduces a base chance of 50% to 25%, then you could say he is immune by 25% because the chance reduced by 25% (flat rate). Or you could say he is immune by 50%, because he reduced the base chance by half (multiplicative).
User avatar
Jake
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 2014-08-29 21:07 (Friday)
Gender: Male

Re: The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

Postby Franky4Fingers » 2017-10-19 17:34 (Thursday)

I wouldn't generalize stone curse and freeze to a 50% base chance if I were you. According to the wiki, lvl10 stone curse has a 60% base chance and every third hit of storm gust has a 150% base chance to freeze. Likewise I wouldn't generalize stun/silence/bleed to 30%. I would consider 50% base for stun as I think scream is the most common source of stun in WoE.


I will adjust the base chances and update the guide accordingly, but believe me when I tell you that 50% chance vs 60% has very low impact on the % immunity loss. See below

You didn't tell what immunity means exactly. There are many ways to define it, and depending on your definition, your math could be correct or incorrect. For example, if your character reduces a base chance of 50% to 25%, then you could say he is immune by 25% because the chance reduced by 25% (flat rate). Or you could say he is immune by 50%, because he reduced the base chance by half (multiplicative).


And that's a fair point. In the simulation below, I am taking 30% stun base chance vs 50% for Scream. I have now 97% stun resistance, considering NO gloria which makes me 100% either way.
Image
Another example would be Hammer Fall that has 70% success rate, this would drop my resistance to 94% w/o Gloria (97% with)
Franky4Fingers - Farmer Rogue
F4F - Hybrid Sin
User avatar
Franky4Fingers
Player
Player
Marin
Marin
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 2016-10-13 14:54 (Thursday)
Gender: Male

Re: The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

Postby Jake » 2017-10-19 18:15 (Thursday)

Yes, I know the difference is small.

Gloria improves resistance against sleep, but it makes you more vulnerable to confusion.
User avatar
Jake
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing
 
Posts: 75
Joined: 2014-08-29 21:07 (Friday)
Gender: Male

Re: The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

Postby vashgibz13 » 2018-06-26 02:16 (Tuesday)

No matter what Assassins do, Knights will always be better at everything.
You can't assassinate anyone.
You can't survive while breaking.
You need full guild supporting you so you can get close to the Emp.

You can't grimtooth on defense because your team also have their sights/ruwach up -- revealing yourself.  
And oh, good luck searching for team that wants an Assassin. Eventually they will ask you to change class , lol.

Overall it is just a DEAD class for WOE.
User avatar
vashgibz13
Player
Player
Poring
Poring
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 2015-04-02 22:05 (Thursday)
Gender: Male

Re: The Breaker - WoE Assassin gameplay

Postby andis » 2018-06-26 04:40 (Tuesday)

They should implement 2nd class platinum just for asassassin, so they can throw dagger and cause status ailments
(/go)  (/go)  (/go)  (/go)  (/heh)  (/heh)  (/heh)  (/x)  (/o)  (/x)  (/o)
User avatar
andis
Player
Player
Marin
Marin
 
Posts: 214
Joined: 2014-01-29 13:02 (Wednesday)
Gender: Male


Return to Gameplay Guides



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests