Leveling help for new archer

Leveling help for new archer

Postby teacat » 2019-08-09 19:42 (Friday)

Hey everyone, I just started playing a few days ago and I really enjoy the game. I am playing a lvl 33 archer and I am having trouble fighting monsters in general. I have the most basic equipment (a ribbon, adventurer's suit and a npc bought composite bow), my stats are 30 dex, 30 agi and 20 int. I find that I am using a lot of red potions to stay alive and my zeny cannot keep up. And I know there can be multiple characters played at once but for now I only want play one character.

Is there another map/monster that I should fight instead? Perhaps my stats are still too low? Some advice please! :D
teacat
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: Leveling help for new archer

Postby Kagamine Len » 2019-08-09 22:01 (Friday)

You shouldn't be using any potions at all as an archer. Go one map east and one map north of Prontera and kill 50 Mandragora and sell the stems. Use @wb stem to find people buying. Now you can buy a Gakkung bow and go kill Wolves two south of Payon with fire arrows. If you want more damage go get more stems and buy Oridecon to upgrade your bow to +5.
Kagamine Len
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby teacat » 2019-08-09 22:34 (Friday)

Kagamine Len wrote:You shouldn't be using any potions at all as an archer. Go one map east and one map north of Prontera and kill 50 Mandragora and sell the stems. Use @wb stem to find people buying. Now you can buy a Gakkung bow and go kill Wolves two south of Payon with fire arrows. If you want more damage go get more stems and buy Oridecon to upgrade your bow to +5.

Okay I’ll give it a try! Thanks! (/ok)
teacat
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Paternoster » 2019-08-14 12:26 (Wednesday)

Do you plan on playing PVM and MvP (Fighting Monsters only)?

Basically, add DEX and AGI equally, till you reach a amount of 90, 20 int should be enough for now. as a starter, make sure to fight

a. Imoveable mobs, Mandragora/ Flora / Geographer, etc or

b. very SLOW walking mobs. Zombie Prisoner/ Skeleton Prisoner / Skeleton Worker / Mi Gao, etc

Basic equips should be like, undershirt + pantie+ hunter bow+ matyrs leashes

also very early on, i suggest to farm 200 Stems first, as it speeds up your lvling time, having at least some gears.

Anyway, if you want to lvl using Double Strafe for example, dont be afraid to use all your money for a huge SP food supply. Those foods will enable you to fight stronger mobs, since you can DS almost as fast as you can use auto hits. :-)
Paternoster
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby teacat » 2019-08-16 08:07 (Friday)

@Paternoster: I will be fighting monsters only. Thank you for the tips! I will do my best! :D
teacat
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Return to Gameplay Guides