TWITCH STREAMING? Is it allowed.

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

TWITCH STREAMING? Is it allowed.

Postby OzKrak » 2019-07-12 04:37 (Friday)

Hello I’ve been looking for a classic style server in which to stream the good old days of Ragnarok, I’m unsure if it’s ok to stream your server or not and I don’t particularly want to be banned for sharing the fun that is classic RO with those who are willing to watch it.

I will when able place a banner that promoted your server altho I’m not that well viewed so it may be awhile since that’s a possibility I can how ever make a simple note in my header relating to originRO.

Thanks for reading here’s hoping it’s ok to share the fun with wveryone
OzKrak
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Re: TWITCH STREAMING? Is it allowed.

Postby reneus » 2019-07-12 07:09 (Friday)

There are already a view people streaming WoE/PvM of originsRO who also promote the server on stream, so there shouldn't be any problem with it
Arti - Leader of FoCKeR's

also known as:
Der Falsche Prophet - WoE Monk
FearThisSpell - WoE Sage
reneus
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Discord Username: Arti#1331

Postby -8EightyFour4- » 2019-07-13 10:11 (Saturday)

In theory, every streamer needs a license to be allowed to stream the contents of games. You need a license for every game you want to show and for every piece of music you are playing during your streams (unless it's public domain / license free).
In practice, most game developers don't care and are even thankful for the promotion of their games. This is why most streamers and Let's Players on YouTube still exist with no strikes.

OriginsRO is a private server, not the original game. Meaning this server is not official and not even legal unless the guys from oRO own a license to run this server.

Correct me if I am wrong, please. This topic is complex and I might got something not right. Copyright laws differ in some regions.
-8EightyFour4-
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Tieria Erde » 2019-07-13 12:09 (Saturday)

You won't have any problem to stream it, I'm weekly streaming oRO since last year.

Also about "Meaning this server is not official and not even legal unless the guys from oRO own a license to run this server."

Private servers are totally legal, if they're using emulators as rAthena, eAthena, Hercules (the one which server used it), the reason about it is the code of server is made from scratch and its different from the original code of gravity. The copyright problems usually are related about using original gravity pictures or game clients cause mostly of servers modified one original and distribute it :roll:

oRO client is pretty diferent than normal one also Gravity doesn't chase anymore private servers so you would be totally fine with streaming it.
Tieria Erde
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Discord Username: Jatin#5615

Return to General Chat