Round Table Questions

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Re: Round Table Questions

Postby Shitguild » 2019-01-28 16:29 (Monday)

why are there still christmas orcs and such on maps ?
Shitguild
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

Postby Liviana » 2019-01-30 06:29 (Wednesday)

To SL and SG - I hope you won't implement them before trans:

I think for pure pvm players, it doesn't matter so much (well as for me), but regarding WoE players which are more than pvm players, I think it wil be more negative than positive.

shitguild - good question, just saw them too on gef_fild10. But I don't know if it is a question for the roundtable (/hmm)

Here is a question which keeps me busy a bit:

I actually made a post in gitlab about it and suggested to change the costumize chat settings for a better ingame community: At the moment
you can only seperate the "standard" chats like guild chat and party chat (and other stuff) in an extra chatbox, without everything around. So I suggest to change it so you can
also seperate #ally/#party/#main/#trade with it.
I see a problem with that: you have to part them or to get spammed under them. But even if you part them...you still have the broadcastes, open chat and stuff like that in the chat (I also suggested a way to part with the broadcasts :D nice for new players..but for long time players on the server sometimes annoying too).

but here the question: Is something like that even possible to do? I don't really know about the technical possiblities the GMs have here...But I think sometimes it would be helpful to know if there are specific things, they can't do or change.

I don't even know if this is a good roundtable question (/wah)

I don't want to discuss the topic here itself,if you want to discuss, I have opened a thread/topic for it in the general chat of the forum.
Liviana
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Shitguild » 2019-01-31 13:42 (Thursday)

When will the homunculus patch be applied ?
is there a date set yet ?
Shitguild
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Postby Liviana » 2019-02-04 08:14 (Monday)

I think the homunculus question already came up last roundtable. Look at the summary...it appears that there is no date now.

Would it be possible to tell the date when you know it?

When lhz comes will there already be a change in 'little' things? as the blacksmith job quest which could have the option for the tsurugi?

I also think that the irowiki jobquest data base would be more used with pictures into it (like for the location). Is there anything planned like that?

Is there really a need for the Kafra streamlinig? I actually like that the teleport service is like classic here (/wah)

I actually hope that the enchantment npc won't come soon. It was always a bit 'overpowered' in my eyes.
Liviana
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Lios » 2019-02-05 14:27 (Tuesday)

I kinda like(?) the way kafra teleports work now. (baby duck syndrome, hehe)

Of course streamlining is convenient, but we may end up with dungeon warpers and what not. *shudders*
Lios
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Mathy » 2019-02-05 16:26 (Tuesday)

Lios wrote:I kinda like(?) the way kafra teleports work now. (baby duck syndrome, hehe)

Of course streamlining is convenient, but we may end up with dungeon warpers and what not. *shudders*

There are very few dungeons that can be warped to. Coal Mines, Orc Village, and you may or may not consider Archer Village a Payon Dungeon warp.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Gataru » 2019-02-07 04:36 (Thursday)

Is there any potential for not implementing the Trans patch? I think alternatives exist that could be a unique fork instead of whats expected out of a progression server.

Alternatives:
1. No trans ever. Balance the current state of the game. oRO has many custom changes and tweaks so the potential to build further has more merit to it. Such as adding SG/SL and disabling certain abilities till a non trans balance can be reached.
2. Open a new server before trans patch(oRO Rem). Fresh start at Comodo patch or later with trans classes never happening so that oRO can keep the monopoly on a worth pre trans server.
3. If we must have trans classes can we avoid the obvious landmines that official servs faced? Removing Homunculus is a great idea. As cool as they are, they add aspects to the game that are all bad.

oRO is the best pserv for non trans content and there isn't a server that has such a healthy population in this state. So once the patch hits, there will be a massive void. Kind of like the massive void left when acid demo is cast. Or when an AI controlled pet Balefires most classes clear out of PvP/Woe. Or when most trans classes cast a single click skill and your character implodes to another plane.

This is all coming from someone who doesn't WoE. Probably should have said that first, too late now.. (/kis)
Gataru
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Mathy » 2019-02-07 05:50 (Thursday)

Gataru wrote:Is there any potential for not implementing the Trans patch? I think alternatives exist that could be a unique fork instead of whats expected out of a progression server.

Alternatives:
1. No trans ever. Balance the current state of the game. oRO has many custom changes and tweaks so the potential to build further has more merit to it. Such as adding SG/SL and disabling certain abilities till a non trans balance can be reached.
2. Open a new server before trans patch(oRO Rem). Fresh start at Comodo patch or later with trans classes never happening so that oRO can keep the monopoly on a worth pre trans server.
3. If we must have trans classes can we avoid the obvious landmines that official servs faced? Removing Homunculus is a great idea. As cool as they are, they add aspects to the game that are all bad.

oRO is the best pserv for non trans content and there isn't a server that has such a healthy population in this state. So once the patch hits, there will be a massive void. Kind of like the massive void left when acid demo is cast. Or when an AI controlled pet Balefires most classes clear out of PvP/Woe. Or when most trans classes cast a single click skill and your character implodes to another plane.

This is all coming from someone who doesn't WoE. Probably should have said that first, too late now.. (/kis)

1. Impossible. We promised content all the way up to the very last episode before Renewal.
2. Inviable. We would end up with two small servers.
3. We will have them, even before trans.

The population is healthy now, but the truth is, many are quitting already because of the long wait, and more are coming in to replace them. It's not that the population is steady; the numbers might be, but will only continue so if the supply of players remains steady.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Angeling
Angeling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby johnnylogen » 2019-02-09 03:01 (Saturday)

Shitguild wrote:Dont implement SL or SG before trans.
johnnylogen
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Shitguild » 2019-02-09 14:13 (Saturday)

Gataru, trans in early state is actualy not that gamebreaking, and is a very good improvment in terms of dynamic, challenge and classbalance. episodes later on bring BG gear, SM gear and other stuff wich breaks the balance. Its not the trans wich makes the game change later on in a drastic way, its the gear wich is implemented later on, and that needs to be rebalanced.
Shitguild
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat