Round Table Questions

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Round Table Questions

Postby Lace » 2019-01-27 20:36 (Sunday)

For those who are unfamiliar with what the Player Council/Round Table meetings are, reading this thread can offer some clarification.

Hello everyone, this topic is for any and all players to come forward with questions or topics they want the staff to address during Player Council meetings. If your question has already been posted by someone else, feel free to ask it again so we know what questions are shared among most of the player base.

After every meeting, I will post a summary in this thread here.

Rules:
  • Be civil and polite
  • This is not a thread for off-topic discussion or chatter. Please keep your posts focused on the things you want discussed.
  • This is not a thread for asking about the status of a GitLab ticket or player report.
  • This is not a thread for reporting bugs or players.
  • This is for server-relevant questions only. Please do not ask any personal questions relating to staff members or their legit accounts.
  • PLEASE don't ask when trans is coming. Spamming this question over and over will not change the speed at which it's added, and we will make it more than clear when it's time for rebirth. Questions like this will be deleted.

Posts that do not follow the rules will be deleted to avoid spam. If at any point this thread devolves into arguing, name-calling or attempted provoking of other players or staff members, I will unfortunately have to lock it. Please do not waste the opportunity you have been given.
Lace
Game Master
Game Master
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Round Table Questions

Postby Niriw » 2019-01-27 20:47 (Sunday)

Can we give our opinions about questions other people ask? Obviously keeping Rule 1 in mind, I think input from other people would be valuable.

Now, for a question :

Can Cart Decoration be implemented? I love my Floral Cart, but I would like to run around with a Cart full of Poring dolls.
Niriw
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

GitLab User ID: JJJJ @Niriw
Discord Username: Niriw#5815

Postby Lace » 2019-01-27 20:56 (Sunday)

Niriw wrote:Can we give our opinions about questions other people ask? Obviously keeping Rule 1 in mind, I think input from other people would be valuable.

I think that's fine, as long as the thread remains primarily focused on questions and people remain civil.
Lace
Game Master
Game Master
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Liviana » 2019-01-27 22:13 (Sunday)

Hello....

one question to the rules:

This is not a thread for asking about the status of a GitLab ticket or player report. => that doesn't include talking about topics which are in gitlab already or? I mean only the topic, not the status.
Liviana
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Lace » 2019-01-27 22:39 (Sunday)

Liviana wrote:Hello....

one question to the rules:

This is not a thread for asking about the status of a GitLab ticket or player report.    => that doesn't include talking about topics which are in gitlab already or? I mean only the topic, not the status.

Discussing/proposing a topic that has been brought up in GitLab is fine! I'm more referring to someone saying "I opened this GitLab ticket X days ago when will you reply to it?"

A summary for the January 26th meeting has been posted.
Lace
Game Master
Game Master
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Xellie » 2019-01-27 23:02 (Sunday)

Regarding the introduction of soul linker and Star Gladiator before trans....

Do you think this is a good idea? It heavily changes and hurts the way pretrans WoE is played, and not in a fun way. Expanded classes were supposed to come after trans which also would allow for building to counter them. In the same way that speed pots are bad for pre-trans meta, the introduction of kaupe and kaite (especially kaite) as well as certain soul link buffs making some classes even more powerful (for example knights dominate the meta atm, they do NOT need 1hq)

As for star glads, emps breaking in less than 10 seconds with pleb gear and pretrans not having the dps to prevent it....

I guess my question is what is the reasoning for putting them in pre-trans?
Last edited by Xellie on 2019-01-28 00:12 (Monday), edited 1 time in total.
Xellie
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby reneus » 2019-01-27 23:09 (Sunday)

Allium posted this, so someone is wrong:

When trans is implemented will it include Soul Linkers and Star Gladiators?
The implementation of the remaining extended classes will come after Lighthalzen. But introduction will be either shortly after or at the same time as Trans classes.
Arti - Leader of FoCKeR's

also known as:
Der Falsche Prophet - WoE Monk
FearThisSpell - WoE Sage
reneus
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Discord Username: Arti#1331

Postby Nertak » 2019-01-28 04:51 (Monday)

I know the answer to this will be "no" but maybe we shouldn't get Homunculous on this server ever. I don't remember them offering any positive aspects to the game at all, but I do remember them causing a lot of problems.

Real question, Why will Homunculous be able to get xp for 30min of inactivity? I don't understand how any amount of afk leveling is good for the server. Furthermore, it seems to me that the 30min will make it really hard to find cheaters. As a normal player I have to sit around for 30min to see if they are using a macro to move to report them? If normal characters stop getting xp after 5min of inactivity I don't understand why Homunculous won't follow that same rule?
Nertak
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Allium » 2019-01-28 10:17 (Monday)

reneus wrote:Allium posted this, so someone is wrong:

When trans is implemented will it include Soul Linkers and Star Gladiators?
The implementation of the remaining extended classes will come after Lighthalzen. But introduction will be either shortly after or at the same time as Trans classes.

Sorry for the miscommunication on my side. After reading through the Round Table it was clear that I had misread. The addition of Soul Linkers and Star Gladiators before to Trans was being considered and not the other way around.
Allium
Game Master
Game Master
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Shitguild » 2019-01-28 14:19 (Monday)

Dont implement SL or SG before trans.
Shitguild
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Discord Username: Kirchen#3818

Next

Return to General Chat