my suggestion after 6 months of playing on originsRO

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Re: my suggestion after 6 months of playing on originsRO

Postby Pophet » April 23rd, 2018, 9:53 am

iMessor wrote:1. (+) platinum skills - does not make any sense almost for current episode/pre-Trans if they exist or not
2. (+) Lhz Biolab, all lhz_ and ein_ fields - quite nice challenge for high lvl pre-Trans chars, and new equipment as well
3. (-) soul linkers and star glads - those chars are totally imbalanced in pre-Trans pve and woe, they can even beat trans-chars in some aspects of the game
4. (+) gunslingers, ninjas - yes, they are a little bit OP in pre-Trans, but at least WoE could get some more dmg sources other than azuras
5. (-) cooking - does not make sense for current episode/pre-Trans except giving monks more powerful azuras; at least all Cooking books drops (higher than lvl 5) should be disabled, leaving only lvl 10 food drop from MVPs.
6. (-) custom drops - isn't it Origin RO?
7. (+) any events

i dont get your point 1 and point 7.

you say in 1 that platinum skills will not make sense in our current episode but in point 7 you say "but at least WoE could get some more dmg sources other than azuras"!!!!!!!!!!

ponit 1 WILL result in more damage sources for woe, EVERY melee class like knight, crusader, assa, blacksmith will get a big buff!! basicly a 20% more dmg buff!!!!!

gunslinger would break the game in pretrans. pretrans desperado is basicly like an asura aoe with almost no mana costs.
Pophet
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby iMessor » April 23rd, 2018, 11:56 am

You said that you are full equip +7 WoE char. So why are u talking about melee classes like knight, crusader, assa, blacksmith? Man, its 2018 today. We could talk about melee damage-dealers 14 years ago, but not now. Remember, the only killing damage on pre-trans WoE is azura. The only type of AoE damage on pre-trans WoE are wizards, wasting enemies potions. All other classes are just supports or play a specific role that is not connected with damage dealing. If any other classes create any problems for you, you should think about what are u doing wrong.

Ive played pre-trans WoE with GS and Ninjas. They are a little bit OP, but monks are OP as well. So at least they change routine process of pre-trans WoE.
iMessor
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby andis » April 23rd, 2018, 2:45 pm

I don't think monks are OP compared to desperado gunslinger.
Gunslinger can be a serious threat at the emp or entrance even for an entire guild if they are sticking to their Land protector.

Gunslinger is not only OP @ 1vs1 but also 1vs10
(/go)  (/go)  (/go)  (/go)  (/heh)  (/heh)  (/heh)  (/x)  (/o)  (/x)  (/o)
andis
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Postby Pophet » April 23rd, 2018, 4:35 pm

iMessor wrote:You said that you are full equip +7 WoE char. So why are u talking about melee classes like knight, crusader, assa, blacksmith? Man, its 2018 today. We could talk about melee damage-dealers 14 years ago, but not now. Remember, the only killing damage on pre-trans WoE is azura. The only type of AoE damage on pre-trans WoE are wizards, wasting enemies potions. All other classes are just supports or play a specific role that is not connected with damage dealing. If any other classes create any problems for you, you should think about what are u doing wrong.

Ive played pre-trans WoE with GS and Ninjas. They are a little bit OP, but monks are OP as well. So at least they change routine process of pre-trans WoE.

serious dude? what is wrong with you?

not that u are unfriendly as hell, u also have no clue about ragnarok.
Pophet
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby iMessor » April 23rd, 2018, 4:57 pm

Sure, years of playing Ragnarok on official server and custom servers with very high/very low online are not enough to understand the spirit of Ragnarok. But its quite enough to understand that pre-trans WoE is boring and most of the chars are totally useless or just using one button figuratively speaking. Guess it could be a little bit different from server to server depending on the skill level of players, but its true. And its sad because for now i cant return in sweet 2003 when we were using Heal instead of potions, giving Marcs only to key characters, killing wizards with GC-crus and never heard about anti-stun FS LP-sage.

P.S. Sorry, dint want to be unfriendly. Just was amazed hearing about assasins and blacksmiths dealing damage on WoE in 2018.
iMessor
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby andis » April 23rd, 2018, 5:15 pm

I doubt you are able to participate in WoE yet after Day 6 of playing.

The point is not that classes become the "super dmg dealer" but they will get a slight boost with new skills/endow scrolls. That's all there is. No on said they will be close to a Monk.

Feel free to stay out of this conversation (/bo) . Can't stand those "BUT MY OPINION IS IMPORTANT/RIGHT, I'VE PLAYED RO FOR YEARS!"- we get it. Because we all did so... So nothing to brag about.
andis
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Postby iMessor » April 23rd, 2018, 6:18 pm

So, what is the essence of the dispute? Ive said that Platinum skills can be implemented because they wont have much impact on WoE, do u disagree with me?

Talking about GS and Desperado, the main problem in Desperado is not the damage (its quite high) but impossibility to use it in most cases (due to Loki or LP).
iMessor
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby Pophet » April 23rd, 2018, 6:27 pm

dude, you never played woe on this server.
just leave us alone.
Pophet
Player
Player
Poring
Poring

Postby andis » April 23rd, 2018, 6:42 pm

iMessor wrote:So, what is the essence of the dispute? Ive said that Platinum skills can be implemented because they wont have much impact on WoE, do u disagree with me?

Talking about GS and Desperado, the main problem in Desperado is not the damage (its quite high) but impossibility to use it in most cases (due to Loki or LP).

Never seen lokis on this server, and it's up for more than 4 years (/bawi)

and no, you did not say they can be implemented, you've said: 1. (+) platinum skills - does not make any sense almost for current episode/pre-Trans if they exist or not
andis
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

Postby Franky4Fingers » April 23rd, 2018, 7:01 pm

andis wrote:

Never seen lokis on this server, and it's up for more than 4 years (/bawi)

Ive seen Loki up several times back in Aether / Croissant / Overrated times
And mark my words, we will see it back after the next update
Franky4Fingers - Farmer Rogue
F4F - Hybrid Sin
Franky4Fingers
Player
Player
Marin
Marin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat