Discussion to Battlesmith Guide about Party EXP Improvements

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Re: Need help with my Battlesmith.

Postby Styx » June 27th, 2016, 2:21 pm

Hi Shisus wrote:Wow you talked about the new system favoring certain groups as if it were fact but you haven't even tried it at all. I did not test it that extensively so I don't know if they determine unique players by IP/MAC address/master account but maybe you should do it so you'll know what you are talking about. :lol: You can still tap but the unique player bonus will be gone. Also, it is understandable that such builds are hard to level because the rewards are good.

IP based it will certainly lead to problems, so I guess it is MAC address related.

Update: [New] [Feature]: [e86f5f60, 79f42ac1, ea2b6139, 334937fb, 002476f8, d2104f8c, d71d4a7b, 864922b2, ca6fdf34] Party Exp Improvements. When a real party (as opposed to a dual-clienting party) is detected, an additional exp bonus is granted to all members, depending on the party size.

That was the update and I didn't tried it but either it means a leech from same MAC will loose the bonus and different MAC's will still get it, or it means a leech from same MAC still gets the bonus and different MAC's get more bonus. There is nothing to try here to understand that in both cases the gap will be larger.
Now we can agree that such builds are hard to level and in practice you have to find a solution for it. Why should it be even more difficult?

Another question arises, what will they do with other (future) bonuses that come from same MAC, address, when they are available. You will loose them also?
Like Homunculus or Mercenary?
Styx
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Smelly » June 27th, 2016, 5:28 pm

Styx wrote:Now we can agree that such builds are hard to level and in practice you have to find a solution for it. Why should it be even more difficult?

What do you mean by this? How come now is more difficult?
Smelly
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Mathy » June 27th, 2016, 7:32 pm

Styx wrote:
Hi Shisus wrote:Wow you talked about the new system favoring certain groups as if it were fact but you haven't even tried it at all. I did not test it that extensively so I don't know if they determine unique players by IP/MAC address/master account but maybe you should do it so you'll know what you are talking about. :lol: You can still tap but the unique player bonus will be gone. Also, it is understandable that such builds are hard to level because the rewards are good.

IP based it will certainly lead to problems, so I guess it is MAC address related.

Update: [New] [Feature]: [e86f5f60, 79f42ac1, ea2b6139, 334937fb, 002476f8, d2104f8c, d71d4a7b, 864922b2, ca6fdf34] Party Exp Improvements. When a real party (as opposed to a dual-clienting party) is detected, an additional exp bonus is granted to all members, depending on the party size.

That was the update and I didn't tried it but either it means a leech from same MAC will loose the bonus and different MAC's will still get it, or it means a leech from same MAC still gets the bonus and different MAC's get more bonus. There is nothing to try here to understand that in both cases the gap will be larger.
Now we can agree that such builds are hard to level and in practice you have to find a solution for it. Why should it be even more difficult?

Another question arises, what will they do with other (future) bonuses that come from same MAC, address, when they are available. You will loose them also?
Like Homunculus or Mercenary?

Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Styx » June 29th, 2016, 2:34 am

replicante wrote:
Styx wrote:Now we can agree that such builds are hard to level and in practice you have to find a solution for it. Why should it be even more difficult?

Because there is now a larger gap in development between several options to lvl a char.
Many custom servers do things like that though, mainly to serve or protect a group.
IP and MAC limitations are easy to bypass though, so in the end it will only hurt average or relative new players.
Styx
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Mathy » June 29th, 2016, 4:23 am

Styx wrote:
replicante wrote:

IP and MAC limitations are easy to bypass though, so in the end it will only hurt average or relative new players.

Good thing we have a master account system, then.
And please elaborate on how easily you'd bypass IP limitation. (MAC address is ridiculously easy to bypass, and just shows how little you know about what you are talking about).
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

Postby Styx » June 30th, 2016, 10:04 pm

Mathy wrote:
Styx wrote:
replicante wrote:

And please elaborate on how easily you'd bypass IP limitation. (MAC address is ridiculously easy to bypass, and just shows how little you know about what you are talking about).

The quote was this:

Many custom servers do things like that though, mainly to serve or protect a group.

Sure, playing through a master account with different IP would be complicated but there is another way to bypass that with same approach.
An easy way is using different internet connections, eventually you can divide your PC and screen in sections in combination with separate network adapters, more easy use notebook and or tablet.
Though, that is another issue. You are trying to lead away from the subject. I can't change what you think about me, it's fine, it only tells something about yourself, I don't care.
This tweak is only in favor of a specific group.
Last edited by Styx on July 1st, 2016, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Styx
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

Postby Kreuzbube » June 30th, 2016, 10:32 pm

Styx, the thing is it doesn't make sense for a server staff to promote solo gaming...
We promote party gaming with real persons and parties with non-real persons that abused the tap bonus(which is an elite thing) are kind of nerfed.

Why are we doing this might be your question?
Well it's simply, we want the server to have interaction, everybody to talk with each other and to have fun together.
A server that is just simply full of people playing solo is no fun on a long run.
People will start to leave if they can't play together with others or if they're just simply bored because of being only by themselves.
As you can see this might have been our thought when adding these EXP Improvements.

EDIT:
While our system might not be perfect, as no system like this can be,
it should be perfect in the way that it does promote players to group up and to have fun together.
Kreuzbube
Developer
Developer
Stapo
Stapo

Postby Mathy » June 30th, 2016, 11:28 pm

Styx wrote:
Mathy wrote:
Styx wrote:
replicante wrote:

The quote was this:

Sure, playing through a master account with different IP would be complicated but there is another way to bypass that with same approach.
Though, that is another issue. You are trying to lead away from the subject. I can't change what you think about me, it's fine it only tells something about yourself, I don't care.

So it's not "easy to bypass", like you said, and I quoted. It requires quite some effort (which I asked you to elaborate on, but you refused). Few would have the resources and time to set this up, and if they were caught, we would be able to apply a much harsher punishment.

But if you want to stay perfectly on point, please elaborate on how we're hurting people who want to leech.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

Postby Smelly » July 1st, 2016, 12:54 am

Styx wrote:
replicante wrote:

Because there is now a larger gap in development between several options to lvl a char.

So basically what you're saying isn't that now is more difficult than it was before, you're saying that now there's this new idea of people playing together that makes things easier and faster. Right?
Smelly
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Styx » July 1st, 2016, 2:11 am

Kreuzbube wrote:Styx, the thing is it doesn't make sense for a server staff to promote solo gaming...
We promote party gaming with real persons and parties with non-real persons that abused the tap bonus(which is an elite thing) are kind of nerfed.

Why are we doing this might be your question?
Well it's simply, we want the server to have interaction, everybody to talk with each other and to have fun together.
A server that is just simply full of people playing solo is no fun on a long run.
People will start to leave if they can't play together with others or if they're just simply bored because of being only by themselves.
As you can see this might have been our thought when adding these EXP Improvements.

EDIT:
While our system might not be perfect, as no system like this can be,
it should be perfect in the way that it does promote players to group up and to have fun together.

Sure, I can understand there is no reason to promote solo gaming. Nobody is asking for that.
On the other hand, there is no new group possible without new individuals.
Groups will act with the very same aspects as a solo player, there isn't much difference in approach.
It doesn't matter, some things you always have to manage yourself, some things you just can't.
I understand your reason but it is a weak call basing this only on gains in EXP (greed) and not entertainment itself.
Greed isn't known as a reliable ingredient for creating a social environment.
Styx
Player
Player
Poporing
Poporing

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat