Questions regarding master account and episodes

This is the place where you can chat about anything related to OriginsRO and Ragnarok Online. This is NOT for technical support or requests to GMs.
Forum rules
This section is NOT meant for technical support or GM assistance requests and may be not monitored by GMs everyday. The appropriate places for that kind of requests are the Technical Support forum and the Questions and Support tracker.

Questions regarding master account and episodes

Postby Distilled » 2018-02-19 19:14 (Monday)

1) Let's say my husband and I both wanted to play, and we each have our own master account and separate computers. Would it be against the rules for him to then use his master account on my computer, and for me to use my master account on his computer after we've already used our own master accounts on our own computers?

2) The top 10 alchemists shown with the /alchemist command get a 50% potency bonus to their potions right? Is it allowed for multiple top 10 alchemists to be of the same master account? If so, will this be changed in the future to avoid 1 person having a potion monopoly?

3) Are two characters of the same master account allowed to get married in game? Will this be changed in the future to avoid illegitimate marriages (marriage fraud)?

4) If the current episode for OriginsRO is beyond the transcendent implementation, are there currently any monsters that have transcendent-exclusive skills such as Assumptio, or Spiral Pierce(Clashing Spiral)? If not, will the monster skill database be updated for post-trans when transcending gets implemented?

5) Is it against the rules to use my mouse software to rapidly, and automatically input a key if all I'm using that key for is to spam the /bangbang, /bingbing, or /doridori commands? Will my character spinning around fast be seen as botting or giving myself an advantage over other players?

Thanks!
Distilled
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Questions regarding master account and episodes

Postby Mathy » 2018-02-19 22:24 (Monday)

Distilled wrote:1) Let's say my husband and I both wanted to play, and we each have our own master account and separate computers. Would it be against the rules for him to then use his master account on my computer, and for me to use my master account on his computer after we've already used our own master accounts on our own computers?

2) The top 10 alchemists shown with the /alchemist command get a 50% potency bonus to their potions right? Is it allowed for multiple top 10 alchemists to be of the same master account? If so, will this be changed in the future to avoid 1 person having a potion monopoly?

3) Are two characters of the same master account allowed to get married in game? Will this be changed in the future to avoid illegitimate marriages (marriage fraud)?

4) If the current episode for OriginsRO is beyond the transcendent implementation, are there currently any monsters that have transcendent-exclusive skills such as Assumptio, or Spiral Pierce(Clashing Spiral)? If not, will the monster skill database be updated for post-trans when transcending gets implemented?

5) Is it against the rules to use my mouse software to rapidly, and automatically input a key if all I'm using that key for is to spam the /bangbang, /bingbing, or /doridori commands? Will my character spinning around fast be seen as botting or giving myself an advantage over other players?

Thanks!

1) The master account identifies the person who's using the computer, not the computer itself. So use yours when you are the one operating the computer.

2) It's allowed. Plan is for those points will decay over time.

3) Yes. It's not a fraud, it's a game mechanic. But tips from your lawyer: get a pre-nup.

4) IDK, I think not. But yeah it will be updated ofc. You can check those in the CP.

5) Yes, automation of any kind is disallowed.
Mathy
Developer
Developer
Metaling
Metaling

GitLab User ID: @Mathy
Discord Username: Mathy#4278
IRC nickname: Mathy

Postby Distilled » 2018-02-20 00:34 (Tuesday)

Ah right. Just checked on the control panel. The monsters don't have those transcendent skills yet which is good I think.
I respect the anti-automation of any kind thing. As much as I'll miss spinning around, it's a respectable choice and I can see why you've made it. Slippery slope, etc.
Thank you for answering my semi-paranoid inquiries.
Distilled
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Postby Arrex » 2018-02-22 07:05 (Thursday)

About the spinning-thingy (because hell I know it's funny to do sometimes): What about mapping those things to the mousewheel, and scrolling to use it? While it's still faster than clicking, does that count as 'automation'?
Arrex
Player
Player
Drops
Drops

Postby Distilled » 2018-02-22 13:51 (Thursday)

Arrex wrote:About the spinning-thingy (because hell I know it's funny to do sometimes): What about mapping those things to the mousewheel, and scrolling to use it? While it's still faster than clicking, does that count as 'automation'?

My guess is that it wouldn't count as automation since you're literally doing the inputs yourself with a wheel. I'm not positive on that though.

Mathy, or another person with authority, if you could please let us know.
To be exact, we're wondering if it's allowed for a player to remap their mousewheel up input with, say, the number 8 key. Then the player opens up the emoticon list with alt+M, and changes the emote for alt+8 to /bangbang. Then holts the alt button and scrolls their mouse wheel up very fast so their character spins around very fast.
Is this allowed?
Distilled
Player
Player
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Return to General Chat